THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityRegisterLog in

1750 with Eldar Allies

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

1750 with Eldar Allies Empty
PostSubject: 1750 with Eldar Allies   1750 with Eldar Allies I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 26 2013, 13:06

Would welcome any comments on the following list. This is not a tournament list, just using it against my regular opponents. I regularly face Nurgle CSM, including that frakkin' Helldrake, and will also often come up against Necrons (Wraiths, Destroyer Lord, Annihilation Barges, Night Scythes), Ultramarines and Grey Knights.

Primary Detachment (Dark Eldar)
HQ
Haemonculus Ancient
Liquifier Gun

Elites
Kabalite Trueborn
3 Trueborn, 2 Dark Lances

Troops
Kabalite Warriors
10 Warriors, Splinter Cannon, Raider, Disintegrator, Flickerfield, Nightshields
Wyches
5 Wyches with Haywire Grenades, Venom with Splinter Cannon
Wyches
5 Wyches with Haywire Grenades, Venom with Splinter Cannon
Wracks
5 Wracks

Fast Attack
Reavers
9 Reavers, 3 Blasters, Arena Champion

Heavy Support
Ravager
Dark Lances, Flickerfield, Nightshields
Ravager
Ravager

Allied Detachment (Eldar)
HQ
Farseer
Eldar Jetbike, Singing Spear
Psychic Powers (3 from Divination, Telepathy or Runes of Fate):

Troops
Windrider Jetbikes
3 Windriders

Fast Attack
Crimson Hunter
Exarch

Fortifications
Imperial Bastion  
Quadgun

The idea is that the Ancient and Wracks would go on the battlements of the bastion with the Trueborn inside. The warriors will hopefully deploy in cover whilst their raider acts as a distraction and mobile cover. The Wyches make a beeline for any enemy armour whilst the Farseer and Reavers make a nuisance of themselves and the Windriders stay in reserve as long as possible hoping to come on late and claim linebreaker and an objective. The Ravagers, with the aid of Guide and/or Prescience hunt enemy armour and the Crimson Hunter and quadgun obviously are there to deal with enemy flyers.

eris
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: 1750 with Eldar Allies   1750 with Eldar Allies I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 27 2013, 13:36

Couple of thoughts..

The liquifier gun on the haemonc.. do you need it? He'll be sat on the top of a bastion, with another unit blocking the way in/out. Seems like an upgrade you won't get a lot of use out of due to where it is on the field.

The Arena Champ. I guess it gives you higher leadership in a combat for one round before he dies in a challenge, but it seems like an expense you could do without as you've for the ld10 farseer there for all other ld checks. I did toy with the suggestion of putting the farseer on foot in the bastion, and letting him guide 2 of the ravagers each turn with guide/prescience.. if he's hanging out with the reavers, then he could easily end up outside the 12" range of prescience and you lose at least one of the buffs.

How useful have the flickerfields proved to be for you, since we now have 5+ jink's all over the place? I'm wondering if it's worth dropping those and taking say.. another venom or raider which can just roam and be annoying.
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: 1750 with Eldar Allies   1750 with Eldar Allies I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 28 2013, 09:45

The liquifier turned out to be theoretically useful as the wracks had to abandon the bastion before a Necron Destroyer Lord turned it into rubble and therefore the Haem did get to take a shot at them. Of course, it was AP6 and failed to wound! I could probably have made do without it though.

The Arena Champion was basically there to accept a challenge if the reavers got into combat and keep the farseer alive for another turn.

I was tempted to put the Farseer in the bastion and probably should have done so. In the past I've used him on the battlements with a squad of dark reapers to great effect and I might consider doing so again. I'll also probably do 2 x divination and 1 x fate for his psychic powers as I think divination is hard to beat and unless I get Doom I'll probably swap anything else for Guide anyway.

The flickerfields are actually very useful. I tend to play against a lot of 'ignores cover' weapons plus they come in very handy first turn if I am going second.

Overall I was fairly happy with the list but sadly the dice gods were firmly against me in the battle and I don't think it would have mattered if I'd had 5000 points. I'd still have lost!

eris
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: 1750 with Eldar Allies   1750 with Eldar Allies I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 28 2013, 10:55

heh some days are like that. Smile

How did the Crimson Hunter do? I'm kinda curious about it as it's kind of a plying ravager, which doesn't seem like a bad thing. I guess if you were playing crons there's a big danger of it just getting overwhelmed as they've got a lot of cheap fliers, but still..
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: 1750 with Eldar Allies   1750 with Eldar Allies I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 28 2013, 11:09

It turned up, killed a Helldrake (the Necrons had CSM allies) and then died to 2 Annihilation Barges. I'm not convinced about the Crimson Hunter. 180 points to basically try to kill one flyer and then die. If it works then I guess I just about break even but if not then I've lost a chunk of points and still have the flyer(s) to deal with.

eris
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: 1750 with Eldar Allies   1750 with Eldar Allies I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 28 2013, 11:30

Hmm.. fair enough. I guess I'd been hoping that the extra 'agility' from the turn at the end of the move would mean you could stay out of trouble (i.e. outside the 30" threat of an annihi barge) but theory is one thing and the reality of a table is another. Maybe it'd be more effective with a more 'in your face' list which (with all your units pushing forward hard) would leave room behind for the CH to safely operate. I might toy with the idea, but I'm not sure if it's really powerful enough to warrant re-ordering the world around it.
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: 1750 with Eldar Allies   1750 with Eldar Allies I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 28 2013, 11:37

The problem is that you still need to get in the rear arc of most flyers in order to have a decent chance of taking them down. Firing S8 weapons at the front or side of a Helldrake or Stormraven is not going to cause enough damage. I'm still not sure about it really and suspect it might get dropped in favour of some war walkers.

eris
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: 1750 with Eldar Allies   1750 with Eldar Allies I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 28 2013, 12:20

Shooting at the front of a helldrake should still get you one pen, which is a 50% chance to make it either dead or knock off that bale flamer. Against a stormraven then ok, a weapon destroyed is pretty worthless due to the number of missiles it's packing, but I'm not sure scatter walkers will fare better. Hitting on 6s against av12 means you're probably coming away with one glance at best from those 24 shots. Admittedly the walkers are pretty awesome against a lot of other things tho.

I'd probably go with the hunter and 2 guided ravagers as an anti-drake/raven measure tho.
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: 1750 with Eldar Allies   1750 with Eldar Allies I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 28 2013, 12:29

@eris wrote:
Shooting at the front of a helldrake should still get you one pen, which is a 50% chance to make it either dead or knock off that bale flamer.

It has immunity to stun and shaken results, doesn't care too much about immobilised due to the ridiculous 360 degree arc and has a 5++ save so I really want to drown that bugger in penetrating hits in order to guarantee taking it down, which does basically mean that rear shots are needed. It does also basically rule out the war walkers as effective AA but, as you say, they have so many other uses that it's probably better overall.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1750 with Eldar Allies   1750 with Eldar Allies I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1750 with Eldar Allies
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Army Lists
-
Jump to: