THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityRegisterLog in

750 Pt list - 4x4 tourney (need to trim Points)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
cammy
Hellion

750 Pt list -  4x4 tourney (need to trim Points) Empty
PostSubject: 750 Pt list - 4x4 tourney (need to trim Points)   750 Pt list -  4x4 tourney (need to trim Points) I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 18 2013, 18:48

To set the scene i am going to a small tournament with approximately 8-10 players and the points limit is 750. As we are playing on a 4x4 board I don’t want to go with Ravagers as they don’t have the manoeuvrability I like.

So below is a variation of my list and I am struggling to get this to 750 points ( I want to keep the 2 Talos)

haemonculi
liquefier
venom blade

4xTrueborn
4xBlaster
Venom
extra Splinter Cannon

5xWracks
liquefier
Venom
extra Splinter Cannon

5xWracks
liquefier
Venom
extra Splinter Cannon

6xReavers
Heat Lance

2x Talos TL Liquefier and TL splinter Cannon

so this equates to about 850 points. I need to shift 100 points. I’m not too much attached to anything apart from that i want to keep the 2 Talos in there.

any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

C
Back to top Go down
Phiandros
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: 750 Pt list - 4x4 tourney (need to trim Points)   750 Pt list -  4x4 tourney (need to trim Points) I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 18 2013, 20:30

Some "easy" points to trim would be the troop size of the wracks but that is most likely dangerous.

you seem to have A LOT of AI.

3 LFG + 2 TL LFG
6 splinter cannons + 2 TL splinter cannons

You also have no long range AT (ie dark lances) your sole AT is 4 18 inch Blasters and 1? Heat lance on reavers.

You heamy has a venom blade, why? I assume you will stay away from CC with everything but the taloi. Also, as things stand, where will Heamy be embarked? footslogging? With blasterborns? His token doesnt make sense with bornes and theheamy itself doesnt make sense on foot alone.

I would change the blasterborn unit, one of the taloi and the reavers. You are sinking almost 1/3 of your points into Taloi and almost 175 into blaster as well as 144p into Reavers. You are VERY light on troops. Gunboat warriors work fine for AI, in a raider that would also give you a lance.

you could also make make it lanceborns in venom, disembark r1 and use venom for AI and trueborn for AT. or simply remove and replace with a ravager with points to spare. a ravager is likely to give you more AT shots through a game than the blasterborns.

I'm not sure what i would do, im merely listing options (painfully obvious ones at that).

Review what you want with the list as it very scewed and i think any mech army could table you.
Back to top Go down
Ben_S
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: 750 Pt list - 4x4 tourney (need to trim Points)   750 Pt list -  4x4 tourney (need to trim Points) I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 18 2013, 20:52

I think the easiest option would be to drop a couple of Reavers, that would be a start.

Any idea what opponents you may face? And any restrictions on models you have available?
Back to top Go down
clively
Sybarite
clively

PostSubject: Re: 750 Pt list - 4x4 tourney (need to trim Points)   750 Pt list -  4x4 tourney (need to trim Points) I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 18 2013, 22:22

Is this tournament using the standard missions?

If so, you are taking a huge chance with such a light troop listing.  To get down to just under 750 drop:

- the venom blade (you don't want the haemi in combat anyway).  
- Liquifier from the Haemi
- 1 trueborn w/blaster.  
- heat lance
- 1 Reaver

However, I think the list itself lacks focus.  If we start with your absolute minimum requirements then we have a basic Haemi and 2 Taloi which leaves around 390 points.  From there we could do:

Haemi
Trueborn x4 - 3 blasters, 1 shardcarbine.  Venom w/SC x2

Warriors x5 - Venom w/SC x2
Warriors x5 - Venom w/SC x2
Wracks x4 - Venom w/SC x2

Talos - Liquifier, w/SC
Talos - Liquifier, w/SC

Comes in under 750.

Start either the trueborn or one group of warriors on the ground with the haemi to snag his token.  Then move the haemi in with the wracks on their ride.  This group should stay out of site to claim an objective on your side.

Don't get me wrong, I love reavers, but on a 4x4 table you aren't going to need their movement.  Whereas you definitely will need the extra help to claim an objective.  Also I prefer warriors over wracks when riding around because you will want the extra poison shots.  The 3 blasters are good as you are likely not going to see many tanks at this level.  I'd take a shardcarbine over a shredder simply due to the extra 6" range to keep things simple with the trueborn.

However, my final recommendation would be to drop 1 of the Taloi and the shardcarbine and get another venom with warriors. As an opponent I'm not sure I'd allow those Taloi to get close enough to me to use their liquifiers.

Hellion

PostSubject: Re: 750 Pt list - 4x4 tourney (need to trim Points)   750 Pt list -  4x4 tourney (need to trim Points) I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 19 2013, 19:15

I have 2 heat lances in the list sorry i didnt meantion that.

I get what your saying Clively - however that list although gives me more bodies and more poison whcih would be quite nice it does take away even more AT from the list which is something i am already short on.

I am loath to drop the reavers just in number as i feel that under the squad size of 6 they die to easily and dont do enough damage to make them justifieable and give up first blood to easily. so to me either i keep them in or alter their weapons, or i completly remove them

Dropping 1 talos effectvly means i drop both as 1 is not viable on its own, and that means that i may as well just take a differant list - when i want to keep those 2 taloi in. Im not particulaly attached to any other unit tbh, so the wracks can change, the venoms can change, the hq can change etc, i just am trying ot get a viable 750 list with 2 talos in.

The main armies i am likely to be facing are

footdar with dire avengers and fire dragons
Blood angels - most likely assualt squad, drop pods and dred.
Thousand sons - foot with flyer
1 other DE player who usually uses in 750 points archon, incubi & wytches on venoms, and a warrior squad in a raider with splinter racks.
Nid- normally termigants and other large bodies
possibly a nurgle player
maybe a necron player with 1 player and mostly warriors and immortals

i dont envision there being a lot of armour on the board

also in terms of models tbh anythign goes except flyers which i dont have,
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 750 Pt list - 4x4 tourney (need to trim Points)   750 Pt list -  4x4 tourney (need to trim Points) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

750 Pt list - 4x4 tourney (need to trim Points)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Army Lists
-
Jump to: