THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityRegisterLog in

First 1000pt Tourney List

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Sunde
Slave

First 1000pt Tourney List Empty
PostSubject: First 1000pt Tourney List   First 1000pt Tourney List I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 15 2013, 17:29

So this is my first attempt at a decent Dark Eldar list.

HQ:
Archon
Shadow field

Elites
x3 Trueborn (2 squads of this)
+2 Splinter Cannons
+Venom w/ 2 Splinter Cannons and night shields

Troops
10 Warriors
+Splinter Cannon
+Raider W/ Night shields and Flicker field

5 Warriors
+Blaster
+Venom W/ 2 Splinter Cannons and night shields

10 Warriors
+Dark Lance

Heavy:

Ravager W/ Night shields and Flicker field

Fortifications:

Aegis defense line W/ Quad gun

The idea is to harass with the skimmers, while the Archon and his 10 warriors camp a backfield objective using the ADL. Archon will man the ADL Quad gun with his BS7 and light things up hopefully.
Back to top Go down
FullDE
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: First 1000pt Tourney List   First 1000pt Tourney List I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 15 2013, 17:41

My only comment is it feels like alot to put the archon on the quad gun since the gun is twin linked. I could see it if you used the icarius lascannon though.
Back to top Go down
Sunde
Slave

PostSubject: Re: First 1000pt Tourney List   First 1000pt Tourney List I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 15 2013, 17:43

I only was putting him there because he is BS5+ and has the 2+ invul, wasnt really sure what else to do with my HQ. I wasnt even really sure which one to use actually haha.
Back to top Go down
FullDE
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: First 1000pt Tourney List   First 1000pt Tourney List I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 16 2013, 15:33

What about a Hammy as an hq? Since all the hq will be doing is shooting.
Back to top Go down
Sunde
Slave

PostSubject: Re: First 1000pt Tourney List   First 1000pt Tourney List I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 16 2013, 21:17

I modified the list prior to the tourney.
lost the ADL + quad gun

Tossed the archon into a venom with 3 trueborn with blasters and they all had haywire grenades.

With that entire modified list, I placed second in the torney! I was very happy with the immense weight of fire I could put out every turn from the venom splinterborns. the blaster boat didnt amount to a whole bunch, so next time I think I'll run 3 splinter boats.
Back to top Go down
Phiandros
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: First 1000pt Tourney List   First 1000pt Tourney List I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 16 2013, 22:11

Dropping the blaster warriors, making them into wyches + raider and you can put the archon with those for some cc. if so the venomblade would be nice and cheap for him.

also, why the flickerfields? deploy second = hide, deploy first and you get the jinx save from moving anyways.

Good job on the result tho! It's always nice to see hordes melt to splinter fire!
Back to top Go down
Sunde
Slave

PostSubject: Re: First 1000pt Tourney List   First 1000pt Tourney List I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 16 2013, 22:25

I put flickers on everything because I wanted to make sure I always had a 5+ save, the local meta here runs tau heavy so no cover saves. Aside from that it was because I didnt have enough points left over to do anything worth while with my models I have. The tourney (small local one) went as such for me:
Round 1:
Scouring 5 objectives vs Nurgle Plague marines
I won 5-2, with him having 2 marines left and I had approximately 75% of my army still

Round 2:
Kill points vs Tau
I tabled him by the end of *my* turn 2, I stol the initiative and he surrendered after losing HH w/ Longstrike, commander suit, and riptide. All he had left was Ionhead, kroot, ADL +Quadgun and pathfinders
I went 10-0 (needed line breaker and he could only give up 8KP since he had ADL)

Round 3:
Relic vs Space Wolves
Missile spam + Plasma cannon spam = tabled my ability to grab the relic, I couldnt seem to put enough wounds on his devs to effectively harm his ability to wreck my venoms.
Back to top Go down
Phiandros
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: First 1000pt Tourney List   First 1000pt Tourney List I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 17 2013, 10:30

I assumed this was the case, but seeing as you tabled the Tau quite handily maybe you could have made the list less tailored for Tau if that makes sense?

R3 would CC fast assault have been possible? Wyches tarpitting and Archon killing possibly blocking a few shooting SW units with separate assaults/disorderly assault.

Of course hard to say without having been there.

GJ anyways
Back to top Go down
Sunde
Slave

PostSubject: Re: First 1000pt Tourney List   First 1000pt Tourney List I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 18 2013, 01:42

Yes, unfortunately, I did tailor that part of my list for tau - Having been tabled by him a week prior to this tournament. In R3, had I planned on a missile spam/plas cannon spam (never saw the guy play, much less in the store until the match), I think a tarpit would have come in handy. I would have dropped the warriors in the raider for wyches and aether sails with an archon in there.

However, all and all I think for finally winning some matches ( 2 out of my 3 wins have been DE ) and having only played DE 4 times including the tournament I feel pretty good about my choices.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: First 1000pt Tourney List   First 1000pt Tourney List I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

First 1000pt Tourney List
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Army Lists
-
Jump to: