THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityRegisterLog in

'Beginning of Psyker's movement phase'

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Tony Spectacular
Kabalite Warrior
Tony Spectacular

'Beginning of Psyker's movement phase' Empty
PostSubject: 'Beginning of Psyker's movement phase'   'Beginning of Psyker's movement phase' I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 13 2013, 11:11

This is probably a stupid question, but the BRB says that blessings and maledictions are manifested at the beginning of the Psyker's movement phase. Does this mean at the beginning of the Psyker's controlling player's movement phase, or just before the Psyker has moved? Obviously the Psyker can't move into casting range of a unit and then cast, but can the target unit move into range of the Psyker and then have him/her cast the blessing/malediction? As in, disembark and then get blessed, or arrive from reserves/deepstrike and then get blessed?

Trueborn
The_Burning_Eye

PostSubject: Re: 'Beginning of Psyker's movement phase'   'Beginning of Psyker's movement phase' I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 13 2013, 13:13

I'd say that it has to be done before any models are moved, on the basis that it specifies the movement phase rather than before the psyker moves. How this works with other actions that take place at the beginning of the movement phase is a secondary element of the question though, ie moving units that are falling back that could then have powers cast on them.

My Blog - The Burning Eye Blog (check it out - comments always welcome)

My Project Log - Visions of the Burning Eye

My Gaming Log - Chronicles of the Burning Eye

My Club - MAD Wargaming

My Fluff - Kabal of the Burning Eye, Cult of the Shadowed Blade and Coven of Distorted Perfection
Back to top Go down
http://theburningeye.blogspot.com
Tiri Rana
Sybarite
Tiri Rana

PostSubject: Re: 'Beginning of Psyker's movement phase'   'Beginning of Psyker's movement phase' I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 13 2013, 20:31

There is no such thing as a specific model's movement phase. 
There is only the movement phase, during which all models move and which begins and ends for all models at the same time.

There are however different player's movement phases, that are of course their model's movement phases as well.

So the "Psyker's" movement phase can't mean the time, when the Psyker actually moves, but the movement phase, that belongs to its controlling player, as you said.

It isn't by far my favourite rule, but 6th edition made it pretty clear, what happens, when two things happen at the same time, namely the active player decides, what happens first.
So yes, you could decide to bring in reserves or resolve a fall back move before using a psychic power, or vice versa.

Ben_S
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: 'Beginning of Psyker's movement phase'   'Beginning of Psyker's movement phase' I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 13 2013, 23:38

@Tiri Rana wrote:
It isn't by far my favourite rule, but 6th edition made it pretty clear, what happens, when two things happen at the same time, namely the active player decides, what happens first.
So yes, you could decide to bring in reserves or resolve a fall back move before using a psychic power, or vice versa.

This.
Back to top Go down
Timatron
Sybarite
Timatron

PostSubject: Re: 'Beginning of Psyker's movement phase'   'Beginning of Psyker's movement phase' I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 21 2013, 18:05

A regrouping test is specified as being taken in the movement phase, just before that unit moves. This is after the beginning of the movement phase. So the reserves could come in before being targeted by a psychic power of this type, but not falling back units regrouping. This is a common misconception;that regrouping is done at the beginning of the movement phase. It can be done at any point in the movement phase. In 5th edition, when a unit couldn't regroup within 6" of an enemy it was possible to tank-shock a unit away before testing to regroup. This rule has been taken out of 6th, denying me the opportunity to show off my rules knowledge in this way. The wording remains the same however, you can attempt to regroup at any time in the movement phase. It is possible, therefore to do such shenanigans as moving transports with Grisly Trophies within range prior to testing, or even position another friendly unit between the regrouping unit and your board-edge to slow them down;it has been FAQ'd that models can't move over/through friendly models, let's use it!
jocolor
Back to top Go down
The_Burning_Eye
Trueborn
The_Burning_Eye

PostSubject: Re: 'Beginning of Psyker's movement phase'   'Beginning of Psyker's movement phase' I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 21 2013, 18:56

Good spot Timatron, doesn't help the OP, but I'm sure it's a point that a lot of us can learn from.

My Blog - The Burning Eye Blog (check it out - comments always welcome)

My Project Log - Visions of the Burning Eye

My Gaming Log - Chronicles of the Burning Eye

My Club - MAD Wargaming

My Fluff - Kabal of the Burning Eye, Cult of the Shadowed Blade and Coven of Distorted Perfection
Back to top Go down
http://theburningeye.blogspot.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 'Beginning of Psyker's movement phase'   'Beginning of Psyker's movement phase' I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

'Beginning of Psyker's movement phase'
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Rules: Queries & Questions
-
Jump to: