THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityRegisterLog in

Eldar FAQ questions

Go down 
AuthorMessage
colinsherlow
Hekatrix
colinsherlow

Eldar FAQ questions Empty
PostSubject: Eldar FAQ questions   Eldar FAQ questions I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 03 2013, 04:00

I know this is mainly a Dark Eldar thread, but I think it would be a good idea to get an Eldar FAQ combolations thread going like the one Mush did for Dark Eldar that was great. And we can all send GW an email about questions that we have to get a proprer FAQ for Eldar soon.
Of course this wont be near as large and Mush's Dark Eldar thread that he got going a while ago to fix reaver jetbikes blade attacks.
but it would be nice to get something started.

here are a few things that I have thought of and seen on here and other forums so far.
I will compile everything I can for the next 4-5 days and then send it to GW and get you guys to do the same if you feel so inclined.

SO! what questions or rules do you think need clarifying in the new Codex Eldar.

1. on pg 63 under the rules for Monofilament is says that "if the target's majority Initiative is 3 or lower, or the take has NO initiative value, the the hits from a weapon with the is special rule are at +1ST.
Does this mean that Monofilament weapon are +1St against vehicles as they do not have an Initiative value?

Also under the rules for monofilament it says that if a 6 is rolled to wound with this weapon, the target is wounded automatically and the wound is resolved at AP1.
does this apply to armour pen rolls as well? so if I roll a 6 to pen armour the shot counts as AP1?

also about the wounded automatically part. does this mean that Monofilament weapons and weapons with the Bladestorm special rules can wound models that they would not normally be able to wound? example. A model is shooting a Shuriken Cannon at a model with Toughness 10 and would not normally be allowed to wound a model that tough. but with the Autowound Bladestorm/Mono rules it says that they Auto wound on a roll to wound of a 6.

2. war walkers. scatter lasers and target lock...

3. infiltrating characters and infiltrating units without the infiltrate special rule.

Sorry I will Edit this more later and Deff add to 2 and 3. I have to go out for a bit so will update more later

what would you guys like added?

Sybarite
doomseer11b

PostSubject: Re: Eldar FAQ questions   Eldar FAQ questions I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 03 2013, 04:06

If anyone would like to donate a book I would gladly take part in this thread Smile jk. Good idea tho colinsherlow. I will hopefully be gettin one soon, be nice to have these answered or at least debated when I do.

Massaen
Klaivex
Massaen

PostSubject: Re: Eldar FAQ questions   Eldar FAQ questions I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 03 2013, 04:43

@colinsherlow wrote:
1. on pg 63 under the rules for Monofilament is says that "if the target's majority Initiative is 3 or lower, or the take has NO initiative value, the the hits from a weapon with the is special rule are at +1ST.
Does this mean that Monofilament weapon are +1St against vehicles as they do not have an Initiative value?

Also under the rules for monofilament it says that if a 6 is rolled to wound with this weapon, the target is wounded automatically and the wound is resolved at AP1.
does this apply to armour pen rolls as well? so if I roll a 6 to pen armour the shot counts as AP1?

also about the wounded automatically part. does this mean that Monofilament weapons and weapons with the Bladestorm special rules can wound models that they would not normally be able to wound? example. A model is shooting a Shuriken Cannon at a model with Toughness 10 and would not normally be allowed to wound a model that tough. but with the Autowound Bladestorm/Mono rules it says that they Auto wound on a roll to wound of a 6.

Yes - a vehicle has no Initiative value and thus the monofilament rule steps in.

No - it specifies to wound rolls, not AP rolls so no AP 1 vs vehicles

Yes - as the target is automatically wounded, on a 6 you can indeed hurt targets otherwise immune.

@colinsherlow wrote:

2. war walkers. scatter lasers and target lock...

easy - reread the laser lock rules - no rerolls essentially for other scatter lasers - its very clear

@colinsherlow wrote:

3. infiltrating characters and infiltrating units without the infiltrate special rule.

Tough one - Shrike has permission via the FAQ to do this and sets a precedent via the wording for it to apply to any other character. The main issue is when you join a unit - if its pre deployment (as per shrikes FAQ over ride) then yes you can use an IC to infiltrate other units. Otherwise, the only benefit would be to outflank via reserves

http://objectivesecured.com.au/
colinsherlow
Hekatrix
colinsherlow

PostSubject: Re: Eldar FAQ questions   Eldar FAQ questions I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 03 2013, 05:48

thing is with target lock is that the rules says that if you fire the weapon with this special rule first. if it hits then you may fire the other weapons and they count as twin linked. thing is if you have duel scatter laser they both have this special rule.

These are not necessarily rules I need clarification on, but rather rules that people in general may need because it seems a lot of gamers don't read rules clearly.

I am with you entirely Massaen

this is about what do you think may need a errata or if a good FAQ questions for the masses

Trueborn
The_Burning_Eye

PostSubject: Re: Eldar FAQ questions   Eldar FAQ questions I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 03 2013, 08:36

You've answered your own question. you fire the weapon with this special rule first. As both have the rule, then you fire them at the same time, and thus can't gain any benefit from being twin-linked. At least that's how I'd interpret it until it's FAQ'd otherwise. The rule does say later on that weapons are fired simultaneously, which backs up this viewpoint.

My Blog - The Burning Eye Blog (check it out - comments always welcome)

My Project Log - Visions of the Burning Eye

My Gaming Log - Chronicles of the Burning Eye

My Club - MAD Wargaming

My Fluff - Kabal of the Burning Eye, Cult of the Shadowed Blade and Coven of Distorted Perfection
Back to top Go down
http://theburningeye.blogspot.com
Massaen
Klaivex
Massaen

PostSubject: Re: Eldar FAQ questions   Eldar FAQ questions I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 03 2013, 09:13

It even says one or more weapons with this rule... its very clear

http://objectivesecured.com.au/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Eldar FAQ questions   Eldar FAQ questions I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Eldar FAQ questions
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Rules: Queries & Questions