THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityRegisterLog in

Fledgling Kabal (1500pt)

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Venerate
Slave
Venerate

Fledgling Kabal (1500pt) Empty
PostSubject: Fledgling Kabal (1500pt)   Fledgling Kabal (1500pt) I_icon_minitimeWed May 29 2013, 13:32

So looking at the pile of boxes on my desk at the moment I have come up with a somewhat lose idea of what I want to get out of the army. Generally I like my fluff and try to play along a certain theme for a force or have a mini story in mind when creating them.

My idea for this force is to keep everything cheap and cheerful in order to have as many boots on the ground as I can. However as I have not yet played DE (and in fact not even assembled them!) I would appreciate any input! I have stuck mostly to basic units in order to first learn the playstyle of the army without having to worry about all the extra book keeping so here goes:

HQ

Archon - Combat drugs, huskblade, PGL, shadow field, splinter pistol - 160 pts
(will travel with incubi in venom)

Elites

4 x Incubi
Venom - Flicker field, splinter cannon - 153 pts

Troops

10 Kabalite Warriors, Sybarite, Splinter cannon
Raider splinter racks - 180 pts

10 Wyches, Hekatrix (PGL) Hydra gauntlets (x2),, Haywire grenades
Raider - 220 pts

Fast Attack

6 x Reaver jetbikes - 132 pts

Heavy Support

Ravager - Flickerfield, 3 x DL - 115 pts

Voidraven Bomber - Flickerfield, Monoscythe, Necrotoxin, 2x VL, VM - 175 pts

TOTAL - 1495 Pts
Back to top Go down
bazdakka
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Fledgling Kabal (1500pt)   Fledgling Kabal (1500pt) I_icon_minitimeWed May 29 2013, 13:37

I'd have a look at the comments made about my 1500pt list below yours!
Back to top Go down
Sheepy
Slave
Sheepy

PostSubject: Re: Fledgling Kabal (1500pt)   Fledgling Kabal (1500pt) I_icon_minitimeWed May 29 2013, 13:46

Looks good.

A few mistakes that most make when we write an early DE list.

Swapping sybarites for nightshields is good. Your warriors go splat when the raider goes boom. The nightshield hence keeps em alive better than 1LD point to stop em running off the board.

Wyches in a raider really really go splat when it goes boom. 5 HWG wyches in venoms and better. you wont cry when 130ish points die rather than 220.

You will probably find the voidraven does little, but the whole 2 ravagers, 1 flyer Vrs 3 ravagers is a big debate
Back to top Go down
Skyboard surfer
Kabalite Warrior
Skyboard surfer

PostSubject: Re: Fledgling Kabal (1500pt)   Fledgling Kabal (1500pt) I_icon_minitimeWed May 29 2013, 15:10

Personally I'd keep the sybarite and swap the splinter racks for the night shields but that is personal preference.

Slave
Venerate

PostSubject: Re: Fledgling Kabal (1500pt)   Fledgling Kabal (1500pt) I_icon_minitimeWed May 29 2013, 16:29

@Sheepy wrote:
Looks good.

Swapping sybarites for nightshields is good. Your warriors go splat when the raider goes boom. The nightshield hence keeps em alive better than 1LD point to stop em running off the board.

Wyches in a raider really really go splat when it goes boom. 5 HWG wyches in venoms and better. you wont cry when 130ish points die rather than 220.

You will probably find the voidraven does little, but the whole 2 ravagers, 1 flyer Vrs 3 ravagers is a big debate

That makes sense I suppose, I don't really envisage any of them getting into CC so I doubt they would need the character, I splinter racks are there because I pretty much just wanna race around the board shooting stuff while playing power metal ballads in my head.

I really like the look of the DE flyer so wanted to include one in the list, on that note then would you swap it out to the razorwing and try to find the points elswhere to split the wyches into two units of 5 in two separate venoms?
Back to top Go down
Sheepy
Slave
Sheepy

PostSubject: Re: Fledgling Kabal (1500pt)   Fledgling Kabal (1500pt) I_icon_minitimeWed May 29 2013, 21:27

[/quote]That makes sense I suppose, I don't really envisage any of them getting into CC so I doubt they would need the character, I splinter racks are there because I pretty much just wanna race around the board shooting stuff while playing power metal ballads in my head.

I really like the look of the DE flyer so wanted to include one in the list, on that note then would you swap it out to the razorwing and try to find the points elswhere to split the wyches into two units of 5 in two separate venoms?[/quote]

If you change the 220 point raider wyches to 2 5man venoms with only HWG. 1 task AA. its 135 x 2 = 270

needing 50. maybe drop the void to the raven with standard missiles, saves 20. Droping the PGL saves 25 and you had 5 spare anyway.

Supose you just gotta be careful not too charge into cover.

I have the flyer just for aesthetics also. But it's never worked for me personally.

Back to top Go down
Venerate
Slave
Venerate

PostSubject: Re: Fledgling Kabal (1500pt)   Fledgling Kabal (1500pt) I_icon_minitimeWed May 29 2013, 21:50

Looks like sound advice! The Wyches are purely there for if something goes wrong and I need to sacrifice a tar pit to something that could throw a spanner in the works. Or tank hunting funness. My main effort will just be zipping round the board shooting at stuff and cackling maniacally.

Hierarch of Tactica
Shadows Revenge

PostSubject: Re: Fledgling Kabal (1500pt)   Fledgling Kabal (1500pt) I_icon_minitimeThu May 30 2013, 15:09

First off I would look at switching the huskblade for an agoniser for the simple fact that incubi have enough AP2 in their squad, that extra wounding for the archon will turn the tied more. Also to keep him safe from challenges when a 2+ character does come rolling up, take a Klaivex.

Drop the sybarites from the warriors. You can use those points elsewhere. Also I rarely run my raider squads in my raiders anymore, so I find no use for splinter racks... but to each their own.

Get a weapon on that Hekatrix. Even a venomblade makes her damage output rise drastically.

I would lose the reavers for another ravager. You already have enough AI in the field with the warrior squads. The Ravager gives you more AT (which you lack) and more T1 AT (which is even better)

Drop the missiles off the void raven. It should always be hunting tanks regardless, and the missiles make it want to shoot at infantry. If you really want missiles with some AT/AA fire, take a razorwing and keep the dark lances on it. That way you still have some AT/AA, yet get 4 missiles for free.

Current List:
First 2k GSC List
Back to top Go down
Venerate
Slave
Venerate

PostSubject: Re: Fledgling Kabal (1500pt)   Fledgling Kabal (1500pt) I_icon_minitimeThu May 30 2013, 17:25

Thanks for the advice!

Ive been taking another look at the list and fiddled a few things round here and there and I'm liking the way it's looking now. When i finally decide for certain Ill post up what I end up with!

PostSubject: Re: Fledgling Kabal (1500pt)   Fledgling Kabal (1500pt) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fledgling Kabal (1500pt)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Army Lists
-
Jump to: