THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityRegisterLog in

2000 pts all-comer list - new player seeking advice

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
aurynn
Incubi

2000 pts all-comer list - new player seeking advice Empty
PostSubject: 2000 pts all-comer list - new player seeking advice   2000 pts all-comer list - new player seeking advice I_icon_minitimeSun May 26 2013, 21:46

Hello everyone,

I am a WFB player who decided to give a shot to W40K. I got a DE army (in bits) from a friend and since my WFB army are High Elves, I quite relished at the irony and decided to make my meta fear the DE! This is my list attempt after many, many hours of reading and discussing tactics with experienced people, but I am still not sure if I am somewhere near the right track. I will be starting assembling the army soon, so I would appreciate if you could give me your best constructive criticism so I know what models to work on.

I am aiming at 2000 pts. Have slightly less and I guess that I am overspending on some upgrades as I do not have much practical experience as to which are good and which are not. Please help me tune it a bit. :-)

Total 1994pts

HQ:
Archon (110pts)
Blaster, Kabalite Armour, Plasma Grenades, Shadow Field, Venom Blade

TROOP:
5x Kabalite Warrior in Venom FF, NS, 2xSC
Wyches in Venom FF, NS, 2xSC, HWG
Wyches in Venom FF, NS, 2xSC, HWG

ELITE:
5x Incubus in Venom FF, NS, 2xSC
4x Kabalite Trueborn in Venom FF, NS, 2xSC, 4x Blaster

FAST ATTACK:
4x Beastmasters, 1x Venom Blade, 4x Khymera, 6x Razorwing Flocks
9x Reavers, 3x Blaster, Arena Champion w. Venom Blade

HEAVY SUPPORT:
Ravager, 3x DL, FF, NS
Ravager, 3x DL, FF, NS
Ravager, 3x DL, FF, NS
Back to top Go down
Crazy_Ivan
Wych
Crazy_Ivan

PostSubject: Re: 2000 pts all-comer list - new player seeking advice   2000 pts all-comer list - new player seeking advice I_icon_minitimeSun May 26 2013, 23:20

Looks like a pretty solid list, although I would drop FF from the ravagers, and drop one incubi from the 5 man squad so your archon can ride with them.
Use the extra points to buff your archon, husk blade, soul trap, PGL, combat drugs will make him a beast in cc.
Alot of folks don't bother with beast unless they run the baron with them but I have no experience of this.
Back to top Go down
aurynn
Incubi

PostSubject: Re: 2000 pts all-comer list - new player seeking advice   2000 pts all-comer list - new player seeking advice I_icon_minitimeMon May 27 2013, 05:53

I know that Beastmasters are not common, but I like them and adding a bit of Tyranid style into otherwise shooty army appeals to me. Especially when I do not have any other CC units save for Incubi. I do not count Wyches. Their purpose is AA and I do not think they will ever be especially good in CC in these numbers and equip.

I was considering CC Archon, but he costs too much for my taste. :-) I hate spending too much on chars. And even if I do pay the points, he will die to any proper, kited CC lord out there, methinks.
Back to top Go down
Caranthir987
Hellion
Caranthir987

PostSubject: Re: 2000 pts all-comer list - new player seeking advice   2000 pts all-comer list - new player seeking advice I_icon_minitimeMon May 27 2013, 23:08

Personally I would drop the flickerfields from the Ravagers - just put them out of LOS 1st turn if possible or somehow give them a cover save even if its just behnd the Venoms, then you'll always have at least a 5+ cover aside from the small amount of weapons that ignore cover (as long as you move for a jink).

I would echo running the Baron with those beasts, though I have no experience with the beast units. Just that Baron is such an awesome utility character

http://annihilatedsouls.blogspot.co.uk/
Back to top Go down
aurynn
Incubi

PostSubject: Re: 2000 pts all-comer list - new player seeking advice   2000 pts all-comer list - new player seeking advice I_icon_minitimeTue May 28 2013, 14:29

I realized that FF are redundant already. But thanks anyway.
I never considered special characters as an option. my meta usually plays without them in WFB and I am used not to even think about the Specials. Will have a look at the Baron and devise a revised list.
Back to top Go down
aurynn
Incubi

PostSubject: Re: 2000 pts all-comer list - new player seeking advice   2000 pts all-comer list - new player seeking advice I_icon_minitimeTue May 28 2013, 14:41

Well now looking at Sliscus, do you think it is worth Deep Striking the army?

Also does his bonus to poisoned weapon count to the Venom's Splinter Cannon if the venom is the dedicate transport for the chosen unit?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2000 pts all-comer list - new player seeking advice   2000 pts all-comer list - new player seeking advice I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2000 pts all-comer list - new player seeking advice
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Army Lists
-
Jump to: