THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityRegisterLog in

another question on venoms

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Jaboigan
Hellion

another question on venoms Empty
PostSubject: another question on venoms   another question on venoms I_icon_minitimeFri May 24 2013, 09:40

Ok so this is probably been asked 10000 times before

How many shots does the venom get if you give it the splinter cannon upgrade (which is a no brainer)

Obviously 6 shots from the venom cannon

But the mounted gun on back does it take the assault shots or the heavy shots?

Is there anything i can quote from rule book or codex to back up my claims that it is 12 shots from the 2 rather then 10 shots

Also the models inside can they fire at seperate unit to the venom (i argued that they can due to venom being a unit on it's own)

Please dont start talking about putting trueborn this or warriors that into it, just really wanna know if the people at club dont know the rules or i am the one that wrong (they played game for many many years i am less then 1 year into the game)
Back to top Go down
Saintspirit
Court of Cruelty
Saintspirit

PostSubject: Re: another question on venoms   another question on venoms I_icon_minitimeFri May 24 2013, 09:44

Check page 58, at the rules for Splinter Weapons. There, it says that vehicles with Splinter Cannons always use the Heavy option.

Painted: 2263pts

shamroll wrote:
Dang! I was hoping Tyranids followed the Pokemon naming idea. A big Carnifex running around just yelling "Carnifex! Carni-Carnifex!" followed by a squad of termagants all saying "Termagant" to each other.
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: another question on venoms   another question on venoms I_icon_minitimeFri May 24 2013, 10:00

I suspect you're getting confused because the weapon is manned by a gunner. It is still a vehicle weapon, not a passenger weapon and as such always fires 6 shots. Venoms have 12 shots. Always*

*unless you work in the GW Design Studio in which case you are the only person in the mutliverse who doesn't pay the extra 10 points for the second Splinter Cannon

Mushkilla
Arena Champion
Mushkilla

PostSubject: Re: another question on venoms   another question on venoms I_icon_minitimeFri May 24 2013, 10:01

@Jaboigan wrote:
Also the models inside can they fire at seperate unit to the venom (i argued that they can due to venom being a unit on it's own)

Yes they can fire at a seprate unit to the venom (see page 78 of the main rule book).

“Even the Black Buzzards thought highly of him, and those maniacs were renowned for hating everyone.” - Tantalus, by Braden Campbell
Back to top Go down
tlronin
Wych

PostSubject: Re: another question on venoms   another question on venoms I_icon_minitimeFri May 24 2013, 10:07

Page 71: "Vehicles always have the Relentless special rule."

Page 41: "Relentles models can shoot with Heavy..."

Page 83: Fast vehicles & Skimmers

Both splintercannons are for gamepurposes on the vehicle like Count Adhemar said.

This means you' ll never use the Assault 4 of the Splinter Cannon on a Venom and always fire at full BS. You can ignore it.

Hope this helps.

Last edited by tlronin on Fri May 24 2013, 10:08; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Jaboigan
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: another question on venoms   another question on venoms I_icon_minitimeFri May 24 2013, 10:08

thank you guys this is exactly what i needed.

will keep the references on piece of paper should they argue with me again!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: another question on venoms   another question on venoms I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

another question on venoms
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Rules: Queries & Questions
-
Jump to: