THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityRegisterLog in

1500 DE Competitive Balanced List

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Sheepy
Slave
Sheepy

1500 DE Competitive Balanced List Empty
PostSubject: 1500 DE Competitive Balanced List   1500 DE Competitive Balanced List I_icon_minitimeThu May 16 2013, 11:50

Hi all,
I'm new here on the Dark City and a relatively new DE Player. I've had 5 games in my Meta with DE won 3 lost 2.
This list is too try to address the losses and build on strengths so far.

HQ
Baron

Troops
2 x 10 Warriors in raiders with Lance, Nightshields, Splinter Racks
2 x 5 Warriors in Venoms with 2 SC, Nightshields, Blaster
1 x 5 Wyches in Venom with 2 SC, Nightshields, HWG

Heavy
2 x Ravagers with Lances, Nightshields
1 x Razorwing with Lances, Flickerfield

Fast
Beast Pack
5 Beast Masters
8 Kymera
6 RW Flocks

1501 points

My local game club is running a league as of 31st of May 2013. 1000 point fixed, 500 changeable with next opponent hidden so no list tailoring.

Any advise appreciated.

My 5 games was 3 wins all hard fought, 2 losses. One was close the other i had to hide 3 remaining warriors out of LOS to avoid the humiliation of being tabled.

In my previous list I had no beasts and baron. Had instead 10 Wyches with Aegis (the idea being to give them cover and counter assault capability).Also, take the wyches out of the Venom, put back in a Blaster Archon with 4 blasterborn. That's my previous list.

The reason for changes is based on the blaster born and Archon did very little for alot of points and the Aegis did nothing except make me try too turtle my entire force around it, too drop flyers.

In my losses I got owned by a helldrake, and 3 nightscythes dropping immortals on me.

I reasoned anti-flyer doesn't work. This new list is fast, I hope to be under flyers after they give me a round of pain, then ignore them.

Any thoughts and critique? Also beasts seem contravertial. For people who have used them (not just read the possible mathhammer) have you had success?

Thanks

Last edited by Sheepy on Thu May 16 2013, 15:51; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
bklooste
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: 1500 DE Competitive Balanced List   1500 DE Competitive Balanced List I_icon_minitimeThu May 16 2013, 14:44

If your going to be under the flyers and ignore them ( a good option IMHO) why get the Razorwing instead of another Ravenger.. The ravenger gets 3 shots every round of the game.

The blaster born are situational ie against a vehicle or terminator heavy list they are gold.. and make sure you dont get more than 3 blasters or they get too expensive. Agree on the archon.

Splinter born instead of 1 unit of wyches can put out 24 shots without needing to get close to drop of the wyches. Which will certainly help your other units "get in ".

Not sure of the large beast pack .. i cant see these working well with them 2 x 5 Warriors in Venoms with 2 SC, Nightshields, Blaster. Do you bring the wyches in to assault or do you stay back with the SC . Does the unit fire vs low armoured guys ( SC good) or vs heavy armour ( 1 blaster ok ) - you can only select 1 target. Obviously your other wyches go straight for the heavy stuff with their grenades, in which case you may drop the night shield and SC as your going to take a lot of fire and its more points to loose.
Back to top Go down
Sheepy
Slave
Sheepy

PostSubject: Re: 1500 DE Competitive Balanced List   1500 DE Competitive Balanced List I_icon_minitimeThu May 16 2013, 15:47

Good points.
Re the wyches, in my last game i swapped them for the 2 warrior squad. Then put the warriors in the Aegis. The wyches both performed amazing. Blew up 2 anni barges and locked 10 immortals in a never ending combat.

True comment on the Razor also. I think it's just because my meta is flyer heavy and deepstiking it is great. Sadly if it comes in first is 155 lost points.

If I atempt to 'run' under the flyers I expect to be in or very close to the enemy DZ. Thats my thought on beasts, being able to CC. I am concerned it's LARGE as you say.... it's alot of 40mm bases. hence i would probably have to pack them tight or take half the board up in space. A tau hammerhead or Orbital Bombardment would ruin there day.

Is there another way to be 'safe' when basically rushing the enemy DZ? I know people fear large beast squads, so they may soak up what the ememy is gonna give me for daring to rush there DZ.

Splinter-born, I cant believe I missed that in the codex. what an obvious application in a Venom!

Back to top Go down
bklooste
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: 1500 DE Competitive Balanced List   1500 DE Competitive Balanced List I_icon_minitimeFri May 17 2013, 03:50

Agree the wyches are good , upgrade the warriors to Splinter born ... ( maybe get 2 wych units and only the 10 warriors )..

I think the 3rd Ravenger will benefit you more regardless of what you roll and its cheaper.. learn to avoid his flyers..kill the rest of his army. 3 Ravengers can put 1.5 hits / turn onto air anyway not that its worth it.

Easiest way to rush the enemy whether its in raiders / Venoms or beasts is more dark lances , kill his heavies.. You can then drop the Venoms and Splinterborn 31" from his line and start reducing them . If you dont his heavy fire power will take out your venoms.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1500 DE Competitive Balanced List   1500 DE Competitive Balanced List I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1500 DE Competitive Balanced List
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Army Lists
-
Jump to: