THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityRegisterLog in

Drazhar's Darting strike

Go down 
AuthorMessage
astagoRRe
Slave
astagoRRe

Drazhar's Darting strike Empty
PostSubject: Drazhar's Darting strike   Drazhar's Darting strike I_icon_minitimeSun May 12 2013, 05:53

I'm reading the rules for Drazhar, and at first it seems that the Darting Strike ability is not that great, but then I realized that you could put Drazhar in the way back of the unit, and then when charging, if you don't get enough charge movement or pile in movement to get Drazhar in base to base contact OR within 2" of a friendly model who is in base to base contact, you can then get him there to add his attack. Is this the whole benefit to the power? Even with this realization, I still don't see much use to the power, at least the way I've been playing, since most of the models in the units I field are not that spaced out, and if I can make the charge, I can definitely make the pile in. Am I misinterpreting this rule?
Back to top Go down
Mngwa
Wych
Mngwa

PostSubject: Re: Drazhar's Darting strike   Drazhar's Darting strike I_icon_minitimeSun May 12 2013, 09:14

As I have understood it, you cant break from the unit during close combat, and if Drazhar would dart away from coherency, it would go against that rule. So I think the darting strike can work best when he is on solo.
Back to top Go down
astagoRRe
Slave
astagoRRe

PostSubject: Re: Drazhar's Darting strike   Drazhar's Darting strike I_icon_minitimeSun May 12 2013, 09:24

From what I read in the codex, he has to move in B2B contact with an enemy model and stay in coherency.
Back to top Go down
Tony Spectacular
Kabalite Warrior
Tony Spectacular

PostSubject: Re: Drazhar's Darting strike   Drazhar's Darting strike I_icon_minitimeSun May 12 2013, 10:33

It's used to snipe in cc. You use it to get b2b with the model you want dead. He has to take the wounds (or LOS) on the model Drazhar is in b2b with. It was more useful in 5th, before challenges and LOS.

Slave

PostSubject: Re: Drazhar's Darting strike   Drazhar's Darting strike I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 16 2013, 03:44

the faq for the darting strike rule stats that's drazar can At the beginning of any
Fight sub-phase in which Drazhar is locked in close combat,
but after any challenges have been issued and accepted or
declined, he may move to any part of the same combat where
there is room to place him. so that is he can decline a challenge and unlike all other IC that I know of can still take part in the combat unless I took a stupid pill.
Back to top Go down
shadowseercB
Wych
shadowseercB

PostSubject: Re: Drazhar's Darting strike   Drazhar's Darting strike I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 16 2013, 04:59

This

@Tony Spectacular wrote:
It's used to snipe in cc. You use it to get b2b with the model you want dead. He has to take the wounds (or LOS) on the model Drazhar is in  b2b with. It was more useful in 5th, before challenges and LOS.

It doesnt matter if he is 2 inch away after the charge because he still counts as being in combat because one model in his squad is in base contact with the enemy and you can move him anywhere as long as you can get him in base contact with the target you want dead.

That's the way I interpret it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Drazhar's Darting strike   Drazhar's Darting strike I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Drazhar's Darting strike
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Rules: Queries & Questions
-
Jump to: