THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityRegisterLog in

I could use a little advice, Archons.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Haemonculus
Hellion
Haemonculus

I could use a little advice, Archons. Empty
PostSubject: I could use a little advice, Archons.   I could use a little advice, Archons. I_icon_minitimeSun May 12 2013, 05:35

So in my 1500 point list I have 4 Squads of kabalites in raiders with Splinter Cannons and blasters. One squad has the Archon armed with a blaster in place of a Cannon, all the raiders have some upgrades. 2 Ravagers and a Squad of Reaver Jetbikes.

I need someones opinion.

If I cut points down on unneeded upgrades I can either have a 3rd Ravager or a 5th squad of kabalites armed the same as the other four.

I know this seems pretty trivial, but which do you think I should choose?
Back to top Go down
Crazy_Ivan
Wych
Crazy_Ivan

PostSubject: Re: I could use a little advice, Archons.   I could use a little advice, Archons. I_icon_minitimeSun May 12 2013, 06:16

Personally a third ravager, turn 1 AT Is massively important for us. Also invest in at least a couple of venoms.
Back to top Go down
Cavash
Lord of the Chat
Cavash

PostSubject: Re: I could use a little advice, Archons.   I could use a little advice, Archons. I_icon_minitimeSun May 12 2013, 12:16

A third Ravager never goes amiss You have plenty of AI there, so I'd also recommend that you take Blasters or Heat Lances on your Reavers if you're not already doing so. Smile

I could use a little advice, Archons. YiVCUio
Back to top Go down
Haemonculus
Hellion
Haemonculus

PostSubject: Re: I could use a little advice, Archons.   I could use a little advice, Archons. I_icon_minitimeSun May 12 2013, 17:26

Thanks Archons. A Third Ravager is probably what I'll do. I bought a Ravager box a few days ago and only thought about it because i had spare Dark elves to convert some warriors and could also make a raider with the box.

@Cavash - Generally I take blasters on my Reavers anyway, but I've never used heat lances before. I should take a second glance at them.

@Crazy_Ivan - I dunno, I'm personally not a fan of Venoms. Call me old fashioned, but Raider squads were always my favorite.
Back to top Go down
Cavash
Lord of the Chat
Cavash

PostSubject: Re: I could use a little advice, Archons.   I could use a little advice, Archons. I_icon_minitimeSun May 12 2013, 19:59

I agree, the Raider with Warrior, Splinter Rack and Splinter Cannon is my favourite layout, I just think sacrificing one Raider Squad is good for a Ravager.

I could use a little advice, Archons. YiVCUio
Back to top Go down
Sheepy
Slave
Sheepy

PostSubject: Re: I could use a little advice, Archons.   I could use a little advice, Archons. I_icon_minitimeThu May 16 2013, 13:52

I'll vote for the Ravager too!

With the heat lance, it's just a little cheaper and with reavers coming in at 22 pnts each it helps not too tip over multiples of 10, so hence makes a difference. IE 3 reavers and blaster = 81. 3 Reavers and HL = 78. How often do you find a list to = 1502 points?

Also with the HL, obviously has melta status, so you would be unlucky too roll a 1 or 2 to = or be misus re strength Vrs the blaster
Back to top Go down
The_Burning_Eye
Trueborn
The_Burning_Eye

PostSubject: Re: I could use a little advice, Archons.   I could use a little advice, Archons. I_icon_minitimeFri May 17 2013, 09:55

If I were you I'd maybe think a little about the loadout for your kabalite squads, do you really want a blaster and a splinter cannon in the same squad? Shooting at vehicles you're wasting the SC, shooting at infantry the blaster doesn't do that much more damage than a splinter rifle. I'd be inclined to take blasters in 5 man squads with no other upgrades, and cannons in ten man squads.

That's where the venoms suggested come in handy, as you can stick a 5-man blaster squad in the back and the cannons have the range to still hit infantry.

I'm not usually a fan of taking three identical units of anything (personal preference) so have you considered the voidraven or a razorwing? Unless your opponent is rocking skyfire they can draw a lot of fire before taking damage, because people are so afraid of the missiles (particularly horde armies as their save tends to be rubbish)

My Blog - The Burning Eye Blog (check it out - comments always welcome)

My Project Log - Visions of the Burning Eye

My Gaming Log - Chronicles of the Burning Eye

My Club - MAD Wargaming

My Fluff - Kabal of the Burning Eye, Cult of the Shadowed Blade and Coven of Distorted Perfection
Back to top Go down
http://theburningeye.blogspot.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I could use a little advice, Archons.   I could use a little advice, Archons. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I could use a little advice, Archons.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Army Lists
-
Jump to: