THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityRegisterLog in

FMC and grounding test

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
gunnerboy1607
Kabalite Warrior
gunnerboy1607

FMC and grounding test Empty
PostSubject: FMC and grounding test   FMC and grounding test I_icon_minitimeSat May 11 2013, 15:22

Am i understanding this rule correctly?

If a FMC gets hit (with anything, which includes markerlights right?) while swooping, it must take a grounding test.
Ok, so this is where my friend started confusing me, is it just one dice for ALL the hits? or is it one test PER hit? from what i thought it was for ALL of the hits...
also another thing that came up, can this only ever occur once in a shooting phase? (eg. like a LD test for morale)...or is it everytime a new unit hits it? so lets say a venom hits a DP and it takes a test, and passes....then another venom hits it....does he take another test for the second venom hit?

Cheers

Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: FMC and grounding test   FMC and grounding test I_icon_minitimeSat May 11 2013, 15:24

It's one grounding test per unit that hits.
Back to top Go down
gunnerboy1607
Kabalite Warrior
gunnerboy1607

PostSubject: Re: FMC and grounding test   FMC and grounding test I_icon_minitimeSat May 11 2013, 15:32

ahhh perfect! cool thanks for that reply! Very Happy

Okay then another thing! Do FMC still have to take grounding tests when they get vector striked?

I merged this post with your next; try not to doublepost in the future.
/Your friendly mod SS

Hierarch of Tactica
Shadows Revenge

PostSubject: Re: FMC and grounding test   FMC and grounding test I_icon_minitimeSat May 11 2013, 16:25

yes, any type of hit causes a grounding test

Current List:
First 2k GSC List
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: FMC and grounding test   FMC and grounding test I_icon_minitimeSat May 11 2013, 17:01

@Shadows Revenge wrote:
yes, any type of hit causes a grounding test

Actually, only shooting attacks.

Quote :
If a Flying Monstrous Creature that is Swooping suffers one or more hits from a unit's Shooting attack, it must take a Grounded test immediately after that Shooting attack has been resolved.

gunnerboy1607
Kabalite Warrior
gunnerboy1607

PostSubject: Re: FMC and grounding test   FMC and grounding test I_icon_minitimeSun May 12 2013, 00:33

So in that case, they wouldn't need to take one...right?

Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: FMC and grounding test   FMC and grounding test I_icon_minitimeSun May 12 2013, 02:32

Correct.

Vector striking is neither a close combat nor a shooting attack. it's an attack in the movement phase. As such, it wouldn't trigger the Grounded Test which only triggers via Shooting Attacks.

Back to top Go down
gunnerboy1607
Kabalite Warrior
gunnerboy1607

PostSubject: Re: FMC and grounding test   FMC and grounding test I_icon_minitimeSun May 12 2013, 06:59

ahhh perfect! thanks again

PostSubject: Re: FMC and grounding test   FMC and grounding test I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

FMC and grounding test
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Rules: Queries & Questions
-
Jump to: