THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

1850 Wych List for a tournament tomorrow.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Skulnbonz
Hekatrix
Skulnbonz

1850 Wych List for a tournament tomorrow. Empty
PostSubject: 1850 Wych List for a tournament tomorrow.   1850 Wych List for a tournament tomorrow. I_icon_minitimeFri May 10 2013, 20:01

My List and their basic deployments:

Duke S.
10 Warriors 1 w/ splinter cannon

Baron S.
3 Beastmasters
14 Khymerae

4 units of:
5 wyches/ 1 a hekatrix w/venom blade/ 1 with hydra/ all with haywire
In Venoms w/ additional Splinter Cannon

1 Ravager with triple disintegrators

2 units of:
Voidraven Bombers with 2 shatterfield missles and flickerfields.

Farseer w/ runes of warding and Prescience

5 dire avengers

1 aegis w/ icarus lascannon

OVERVIEW:
There will be 15-16 people, and I would say there will be about 12-14 helldrakes in total. More necron flyers than that, so I have to go heavy anti air. There will also be nids, demons and sorcerers around, so I had to have anti psyker as well.

The Aegis will hide the warriors, duke, farseer and dire avengers. If possible, i will be placing an objective here. The cannon will be touched by both the duke and farseer, so a high BS shot is assured.

I feel the STRENGTHS of this army are:
Decent anti flyer, decent anti psyker, very good hand to hand.

What it LACKS is:
On the table long range anti tank.

So pretty much, if I am facing land raiders, and they dont come at me, I will have to turbo to him, nullifying the venoms, or wait until the ravens show up.

My Original list had jetbikes. The thought of helldrakes stopped that.
My second list had 2 units of incubi in venoms. Ditto

this list seemed the most balanced.

So... think i have a shot? i will post results on monday!

Skulnbonz
Hekatrix
Skulnbonz

PostSubject: Re: 1850 Wych List for a tournament tomorrow.   1850 Wych List for a tournament tomorrow. I_icon_minitimeMon May 13 2013, 15:53

Well, I went...
If you want to see how it turned out, you can see the results here:

https://www.thedarkcity.net/t6514-1850-tournament-wych-cult#70596

Xacatecas
Slave

PostSubject: Re: 1850 Wych List for a tournament tomorrow.   1850 Wych List for a tournament tomorrow. I_icon_minitimeMon May 13 2013, 18:36

Hey thanks for the report, it's always good to see how a theoretical lists turns out!! And more importantly congrats on the win!

I guess you rate Wyches over Warriors, is this just the haywire grenades, or did they overperform because you weren't forced to face things like Orks/Nids?

With the beast packs, why Baron S when you're already pretty set on the 4++? Wouldn't a jetbike farseer be a lot more fun for fortune?
Back to top Go down
Skulnbonz
Hekatrix
Skulnbonz

PostSubject: Re: 1850 Wych List for a tournament tomorrow.   1850 Wych List for a tournament tomorrow. I_icon_minitimeMon May 13 2013, 19:35

Xacatecas wrote:

I guess you rate Wyches over Warriors, is this just the haywire grenades, or did they overperform because you weren't forced to face things like Orks/Nids?

With the beast packs, why Baron S when you're already pretty set on the 4++? Wouldn't a jetbike farseer be a lot more fun for fortune?

No, I normally prefer warriors in venoms, but I really really wanted to give the wyches a chance. I think people pass on the wyches due to overwatch (which is deadly, i lost an entire unit of 5 to that this tournament) but forget what they bring to the table.

Combat drugs- cant beat em.
Plasma grenades. I am amazed at how many DE players forget that they can throw a grenade at STR 4 AP 4 before charging. So I used 4 pistols and a template before almost every charge. if I was charging a walker or tank... throw a haywire and take a point off before you even get there. Stand and shoot with haywires is great too. And why not chuck haywires at fliers? If they are in range, you never know!
Better CC skills
4+ in HTH

Wyches are the epitome of deadly but frail.
I would never think of charging warriors or even haywire armed trueborn at a defiler, but I did not hesitate with the wyches.

As for the dogs, Baron s gave them assault and defensive grenades, as well as hit and run! I don't think i will ever take beasts without the baron anymore.

And they FAQ'd that farseers cant fortune Dark Eldar units.

Xacatecas
Slave

PostSubject: Re: 1850 Wych List for a tournament tomorrow.   1850 Wych List for a tournament tomorrow. I_icon_minitimeMon May 13 2013, 20:35

Doom is probably still worth it!

And he can target himself as he is an Eldar unit within 6 inches of himself, but I guess it would come down to a judge call in practice.

I think I might give the whole tactic a try though, thanks!
Back to top Go down
Sky Serpent
Adrenalight Junkie
Sky Serpent

PostSubject: Re: 1850 Wych List for a tournament tomorrow.   1850 Wych List for a tournament tomorrow. I_icon_minitimeMon May 13 2013, 21:56

I like the list and congratulations on your win. Smile

Your list has obviously worked for you and some of it is unconventional but it's great to see that people can win without spam.

The things that I would change is drop all the Hekatrix's and Hydras - I understand why you've taken them but I think your Wyches are more about the haywire and picking off small, dying squads which the normal girls can do.

I'm a fan of lances on my Ravager so I'd change that.

I've run Duke in so many ways but since he started going with 9 guys in a splinter racked Raider I have never looked back.

Have you tried the MSU GJB unit? For 66pts they're fantastic for taking objectives.

Administrator of The Dark City - Please message me any suggestions, improvements or problems
Back to top Go down
https://www.thedarkcity.net
Bibitybopitybacon
Wych
Bibitybopitybacon

PostSubject: Re: 1850 Wych List for a tournament tomorrow.   1850 Wych List for a tournament tomorrow. I_icon_minitimeTue May 14 2013, 21:49

I need you to do something for me Skulnbonz. You did fantastic in your tournament and made amazing use of hit and run. I want to see a full Beast pack with 5 beast masters and 25 dogs along with the baron. the things you could do with a blob that big would be amazing. Lock them in combat and then use the unengaged models as cover like the old hellion blobs of old.
sure it would be insanely hard to make work but I have faith in you Very Happy the urine stains on your opponents pants when he see your list would be worth it all on it's own.
Back to top Go down
Skulnbonz
Hekatrix
Skulnbonz

PostSubject: Re: 1850 Wych List for a tournament tomorrow.   1850 Wych List for a tournament tomorrow. I_icon_minitimeWed May 15 2013, 12:45

Lol.. 1 step ahead of you... I already have the list made and getting ready for a tournament on June 1!

Bibitybopitybacon
Wych
Bibitybopitybacon

PostSubject: Re: 1850 Wych List for a tournament tomorrow.   1850 Wych List for a tournament tomorrow. I_icon_minitimeWed May 15 2013, 15:28

Skulnbonz wrote:
Lol.. 1 step ahead of you... I already have the list made and getting ready for a tournament on June 1!
You are my hero. One internets to you good sir.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1850 Wych List for a tournament tomorrow.   1850 Wych List for a tournament tomorrow. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1850 Wych List for a tournament tomorrow.
Page 1 of 1