THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityRegisterLog in

Grudging allies DE + CSM 2k

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Caranthir987
Hellion
Caranthir987

Grudging allies DE + CSM 2k Empty
PostSubject: Grudging allies DE + CSM 2k   Grudging allies DE + CSM 2k I_icon_minitimeWed May 01 2013, 13:09

So I know grudging allies are hardly the greatest, but I've been building and painting my CSM helldrake this week so I fancy using it at a tournament on satudray. Plus, I feel that combat aside dark eldar have trouble in removing things from cover that have went to ground

What you say?

DE Primary

Haemo, Liqufier 60
Archon of fail, venom blade, PGL, shadowfield, combat drugs 130 (warlord)

Wracks/x2 SC Venom 95
Wracks/x2 SC Venom 95
Wracks/x2 SC Venom 95
Wracks/x2 SC Venom 95
8 haywire wyches heka venom blade Raider NS + AS 186
8 haywire wyches heka venom blade Raider NS + AS 186

Trueborn x3, x2 splinter cannons, venom x2 splinter cannons 121
6 Incubi, Raider NS AS 207

Voidraven, x2 shatterfield missiles, flickerfield, x2 void lances, fail bomb 175

Allies - Chaos Space Marines

Daemon Prince of Slaanesh, power armour, wings, spell familiar, mastery level 2 - 280
Helldrake, flamer 170
Mutilator 55
10 cultists 50

http://annihilatedsouls.blogspot.co.uk/
Back to top Go down
Blutvogt
Hellion
Blutvogt

PostSubject: Re: Grudging allies DE + CSM 2k   Grudging allies DE + CSM 2k I_icon_minitimeWed May 01 2013, 14:35

In your 2000 points are only 3 Dark Lances and 2 Voidlance, that hardly bring you anywhere imo.
Back to top Go down
Shadows Revenge
Hierarch of Tactica
Shadows Revenge

PostSubject: Re: Grudging allies DE + CSM 2k   Grudging allies DE + CSM 2k I_icon_minitimeWed May 01 2013, 18:02

@Blutvogt wrote:
In your 2000 points are only 3 Dark Lances and 2 Voidlance, that hardly bring you anywhere imo.

His AT comes in the form of a helldrake, mutilator, and flying DP, and maybe spells

Im surprise at no MoN, Black Mace flying DP??? its so good its almost always taken. heck I would even drop the trueborn for the extra points to put into him

Current List:
First 2k GSC List
Back to top Go down
Caranthir987
Hellion
Caranthir987

PostSubject: Re: Grudging allies DE + CSM 2k   Grudging allies DE + CSM 2k I_icon_minitimeThu May 02 2013, 09:35

Thanks for feedback guys.

I am not too worried about anti-tank tbh. 1st turn I don't have a lot of ranged AT to be sure, but once the fliers arrive and the DP + wyches have moved up the board I feel I should be ok. May drop an upgrade or two to make the mutilator an Obliterator instead

Black mace DP is certainly awesome, though I want to keep the DP as a psyker so + the mace he's well over 300 pts with it, and as he is, as long as he zooms about for a couple of turns looking cool and getting shot at instead of my raiders and venoms then I'm finel with that.

On a personal note though - CSM were my first army, and the new CSM codex has come out whilst I was in my 4th year of university so not had much time to mess about with it but I almost always play mono Slaanesh, with an irrational hatred of all things Nurgle! So at some point the DP may have a mace, but will never be Nurgle ha!

http://annihilatedsouls.blogspot.co.uk/
Back to top Go down
Shadows Revenge
Hierarch of Tactica
Shadows Revenge

PostSubject: Re: Grudging allies DE + CSM 2k   Grudging allies DE + CSM 2k I_icon_minitimeThu May 02 2013, 15:41

my problem with the slaanesh flying DP is making him slaanesh is useless except for the spells he has access to (which really arent that great). Since his power for the extra 3" run is useless since your flying. The point of the Nurgle DP is when you dodge shooting, he gets a 2+ to that 5+ coversave, making it a 3+. Then while you can only snapshot things, you can drop him to ground mode, and assault something instead. Its actually the only viable tactic imho of getting a DP into combat.

But if you really want to stick with it, better hope your psy powers do enough to make back his points before he goes up in smoke

Current List:
First 2k GSC List
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Grudging allies DE + CSM 2k   Grudging allies DE + CSM 2k I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Grudging allies DE + CSM 2k
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Army Lists
-
Jump to: