THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityRegisterLog in

how should i distinguish between my coven and kabal?

Go down 
+4
MasterofPuppets
SebastionSynn
Lay_Ayanesha
snilbog
8 posters
AuthorMessage
snilbog
Hellion
snilbog

how should i distinguish between my coven and kabal? Empty
PostSubject: how should i distinguish between my coven and kabal?   how should i distinguish between my coven and kabal? I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 21 2013, 16:53

my kabal armour scheme is:
-stegadon scale green
-highlight lothern blue
-extreme highlight space wolves grey

i also use screamer pink for flags/dome heads and thought that might look quite cool if it was used as a highlight colour instead of the blue

only and idea
snilbog Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Lay_Ayanesha
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: how should i distinguish between my coven and kabal?   how should i distinguish between my coven and kabal? I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 21 2013, 20:06

Maybe you could post a picture of your warriors, because I can't really imagine them.
Back to top Go down
snilbog
Hellion
snilbog

PostSubject: Re: how should i distinguish between my coven and kabal?   how should i distinguish between my coven and kabal? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 22 2013, 07:50

I'm going to get a picture of one of them for my picture asap

Back to top Go down
snilbog
Hellion
snilbog

PostSubject: Re: how should i distinguish between my coven and kabal?   how should i distinguish between my coven and kabal? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 24 2013, 18:28

I've got a picture of my Arena Champion as my profile picture, but my camera skills are still in the early stages and therefore the quality isn't great. Then again, neither is the painting. No

Back to top Go down
SebastionSynn
Hellion
SebastionSynn

PostSubject: Re: how should i distinguish between my coven and kabal?   how should i distinguish between my coven and kabal? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 25 2013, 11:29

@snilbog wrote:
I've got a picture of my Arena Champion as my profile picture, but my camera skills are still in the early stages and therefore the quality isn't great. Then again, neither is the painting. No

post what you, your never going to learn or improve without some constructive criticism and advice. you can watch videos all day, but actually doing something and then getting the feedback on how to do it better or easier is worth more than a few vids. also NEVER forget, that even the greatest of painters started out with stuff that looks(ed) like crap, so don't worry about your painting skills not being good enough, they will improve with time.
Back to top Go down
snilbog
Hellion
snilbog

PostSubject: Re: how should i distinguish between my coven and kabal?   how should i distinguish between my coven and kabal? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 25 2013, 16:28

Thank you for that, it has been much more positive and thoughtful that most of my other replies, and it has encouraged me to paint more of the units in my army and also to do it with more enthusiasm-painting should be fun, and you have helped me to appreciate it much more. Smile

Back to top Go down
MasterofPuppets
Hellion
MasterofPuppets

PostSubject: Re: how should i distinguish between my coven and kabal?   how should i distinguish between my coven and kabal? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 25 2013, 17:06

I use different colors for my Kabal and Cults, in my mind they are 2 different entities working towards one goal of slave raiding. For example, my Kabal is painted Blue with purple highlights, whereas my wyches and reavers are painted Boltgun metal and Flaming red hair. It also helps with not getting bored with painting, different colors in an army always can make it stand out quite well! Hope this helps!
Back to top Go down
snilbog
Hellion
snilbog

PostSubject: Re: how should i distinguish between my coven and kabal?   how should i distinguish between my coven and kabal? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 25 2013, 17:18

Great advice, but I've just realised that I have already painted my Talos' arms with blue highlights. Oh well, there's always ideas for trueborn that would be greatly appreciated.

Back to top Go down
Khain mor
Sybarite
Khain mor

PostSubject: Re: how should i distinguish between my coven and kabal?   how should i distinguish between my coven and kabal? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 29 2013, 16:36

I use similar shemes for Cult and KAbal, with some differences, but they can be completely different, in any Kabal, Wyches, Kabal and Coven units all do form an alliance, but they're a faction on their own.
My Coven has no color sheme, their their vehicles are all black, most people paint Coven stuff black. Heamonculus are known to be very individualistic being, they're not reallty the follwing others type, they do their own stuff. They dresse in whatever they want, nobody tells them how to live. An archon merely asks them for favors, but that's it. Wracks, grots and other working for them have no rights, they dress them up quickly.

The Biggest Kabal ever, be sure to check it out if you haven't, old and new units.
The Biggest Dark Eldar Apocalypse force you'll find on the net.

My Eldar Facebook Page, feel free to join. All Eldar factions allowed!
Back to top Go down
http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=254489
mikezealous
Slave
mikezealous

PostSubject: Re: how should i distinguish between my coven and kabal?   how should i distinguish between my coven and kabal? I_icon_minitimeWed May 15 2013, 22:36

You could realistically do the Reavers in whatever scheme you want, as the Codex shows different examples of Reaver gangs that participate in the Commorite arenas all the time. For example, I was lookin at doing the Cobalt Vipers gang for Reavers. You could even do the Reavers as a detachment of the Wych Cult, due to the fact that the Reavers and the Beastmasters are splinter organizations of the Cults that operate in the Commorite games alongside the Wyches.

What I did for my army was a different scheme for the Coven, Kabal and Cult, with the overall paint schemes incorporating elements of each other somewhere into the scheme. All of the hair in the army is Trollblood Blue highlighted up to Arcane blue for example, and the weapons are all Coal Black with Gehenna Gold for the barrels.

Honestly man, you can do whatever you want and be easily justified in terms of fluff. The cool thing bout DE is their ranging scale of individualism to conformity and how it can be represented on the tabletop.

I do like your Reaver! Your army sounds like its pretty awesome looking already.
Back to top Go down
Ben_S
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: how should i distinguish between my coven and kabal?   how should i distinguish between my coven and kabal? I_icon_minitimeThu May 16 2013, 10:07

I did my Kabal blue with red/pink guns then for the Wych Cult I just reversed the colour scheme (i.e. red/pink suits with blue guns). That way they're clearly two different factions yet when seen together the army still looks kind of unified.

I haven't decided what to do with my Coven yet myself. I can't really incorporate either the blue or red/pink without looking rather similar to one of the existing factions. Perhaps I should have chosen two out of three colours in rotation (e.g. blue and red, red and green, green and blue). But as Khain mor says, Haemonculi/Covens are probably less likely to have any clear colour scheme anyway.
Back to top Go down
GAR
Dread Pirate
GAR

PostSubject: Re: how should i distinguish between my coven and kabal?   how should i distinguish between my coven and kabal? I_icon_minitimeSun May 19 2013, 02:19

Howdy,

I think the first two color choices are OK together, not so sure about the space wolves grey...

I know some folks are scared to death of trying it, but I always like to encourage painters to try mixing colors.

for your extreme highlight, you could add a little white to the highlight color and go from there. It does not really matter if the colors aren't consistent, once they are painted up, and since it is an extreme highlight, it will show up as brighter, which is all you are looking for.

For the Coven, black and bloody is pretty typical, so really anything you do along that lines will be fine. I did mine in a dark dark brown and dark reds and it looks pretty good against the burning desert golds I have for my army ( its desert themed BTW)

how should i distinguish between my coven and kabal? Youdaamrg
Back to top Go down
http://garness.blogspot.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: how should i distinguish between my coven and kabal?   how should i distinguish between my coven and kabal? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

how should i distinguish between my coven and kabal?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

LOW COMMORRAGH - THE WORKSHOPS

:: Painting & Modelling Discussion
-
Jump to: