THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityRegisterLog in

Which list is much better

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
PainReaver
Sybarite

Which list is much better Empty
PostSubject: Which list is much better   Which list is much better I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 20 2013, 14:31

List 1

HQ
Archon- 150
Huskblade, Soul Trap, Venom Blade, Shadow Field, Combat Drugs

ELITES
Trueborn- 171
4 Trueborn, 4 Blasters, Venom with 2x Splinter Cannons

Trueborn- 121
3 Trueborn, 2 Splinter Cannons, Venom with 2x Splinter Cannons

TROOPS

Wyches- 203
9 Wyches, with Haywire Grenades, 1 Wych has Hydra Gauntlets, Hekatrix with Venom Blade and Phantom Grenade Launcher, Raider with Disintegrator Cannon and Flickerfield

Wyches- 125
5 Wyches, with Haywire Grenades, Venom with 2x Splinter Cannons

Kabalite Warriors- 125
5 Warriors, with Blaster, Venom with 2x Splinter Cannons

FAST ATTACK
Reavers- 258
9 Reavers, with 3 Blasters, Arena Champion with Venom Blade

HEAVY SUPPORT
Ravager- 115
3x Dark Lance, Flickerfield

Ravager- 115
3x Dark Lance, Flickerfield

Ravager- 115
3x Disintegrator Cannon, Flickerfield

List 2

HQ
Archon- 115
Shadow Field, Blaster, Venom Blade, Haywire Grenades

Elites
Kabalite Trueborn- 185
4 Trueborn, 4x Blasters, 4x Haywire Grenades, 4x Plasma Grenades, Venom with 2x Splinter Cannons

TROOPS
Kabalite Warriors (Venom)- 125
5 Warriors, Blaster, Venom with 2x Splinter Cannons

Kabalite Warriors (Venom)- 125
5 Warriors, Blaster, Venom with 2x Splinter Cannons

Wyches (Venom)- 125
5 Wyches, Haywire Grenades, Venom with 2x Splinter Cannons

Wyches (Venom)- 125
5 Wyches, Haywire Grenades, Venom with 2x Splinter Cannons

Fast Attack
Reaver Jetbikes- 177
6 Reavers, 2x Blasters, Arena Champion with Venom Blade

Reaver Jetbikes- 177
6 Reavers, 2x Blasters, Arena Champion with Venom Blade

Heavy Support
Ravager- 115
3x Dark Lances, Night Shields,

Ravager- 115
3x Dark Lances, Night Shields

Ravager- 115
3x Dark Lances, Night Shields

Back to top Go down
Silverglade
Wych
Silverglade

PostSubject: Re: Which list is much better   Which list is much better I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 20 2013, 15:31

I would go with the first list.

With the second list, as tempting as it is to have 4 trueborn with blasters plus an archon with a blaster, you end up becoming a huge magnet. If you opponent takes that unit out, it has killed 3 units (venom, trueborn, Archon) plus getting the slay the warlord secondary objective.

On the first list however, why did you take both a huskblade and a venom blade for your archon? you can only use one or the other.

I would consider using night shields rather than flickerfields on your ravagers on your first list. (very interested to know why you did flickerfields on one list and night shields on the other). You can get the 5+ cover save from Jink as long as you move your ravager.
Back to top Go down
PainReaver
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Which list is much better   Which list is much better I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 20 2013, 15:54

I need to build a list that can stand up to Tau. (note stand up, not necessarily win)

As for huskblade/venom blade, so i can choose depending on situation.
Back to top Go down
Brom
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Which list is much better   Which list is much better I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 21 2013, 00:38

I like list 2 better due to less trueborn, no disi ravager and more expendable reaver squads. Mushkilla did well with his bikes against tau apparently but on paper they look pretty bad in that matchup IMO.

Personally I would lean away from trueborn and towards a combat unit, something resilient that can deliver the archon against their static firebase units. Also some flame templates would be welcome.

I havent faced off against the new tau yet but the games are coming soon. Ive recently added night shields to everything, prior to taus release, but I dont see myself removing them anytime soon since ive really enjoyed the flexibility and protection they bring. I would say they are near mandatory if considering tau matchup since SMS and markers are both 30" and 36" range respectively, and markers are heavy weapons to boot. With NS only kroot guns, riptides, hammerheads and rail broadsides have enough ranged presence to touch us initially, and of course infiltrators. Seems like alot when listed out but I believe many people will not take railsides or even hammerheads so the onboard threat shouldnt be that much...either way though its better than the entire army.
Back to top Go down
smiteey
Slave

PostSubject: Re: Which list is much better   Which list is much better I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 21 2013, 03:47

@Brom wrote:
I like list 2 better due to less trueborn, no disi ravager and more expendable reaver squads. Mushkilla did well with his bikes against tau apparently but on paper they look pretty bad in that matchup IMO.

I think it doesn't actually seem half bad. If you have your bikes run over a squad of Fire Warriors, they can't overwatch you and hopefully you'll take the squad out. They'll probably be temped to kill them but and if they do, who cares, that's less shots at your more important units, if they don't, then you take out another squad next turn and make them want to kill the bikes that much more.

Maybe I'm completely wrong, I only just played my first game with DE today but, I like to think I am somewhat smart when it comes to stuff like this. I've always been really good at building competitive Yugioh decks, and the game in general, topped a few regionals, maybe some of that transferred to this game?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Which list is much better   Which list is much better I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Which list is much better
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Army Lists
-
Jump to: