THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityRegisterLog in

wych hord

Go down 
AuthorMessage
PaulT
Kabalite Warrior

wych hord  Empty
PostSubject: wych hord    wych hord  I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 18 2013, 07:08

I have 20 wyches in my army, and 10 Kabalites, also 10 true born, but back to the wyches, so I ordered 20 more wyches so I'll have 40. I was thinking ten in two raiders and five in 4 Venoms as tank hunters. Wyches must be one of our most versatile troops but Jesus they just evaporate under fire or exploding vehicles. So I thought put a lot more on the table. Is this a good tactic you think?
Back to top Go down
DingK
Sybarite
DingK

wych hord  Empty
PostSubject: Re: wych hord    wych hord  I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 18 2013, 07:39

You're maxing out your troop choices, which isn't necessarily bad, but expect those two Raiders to draw a lot of fire if there is no bigger threat to lure enemy shooting away from it. Like you've said, Wyches aren't the most resilient, and when those Raiders blow...

How about sticking those Trueborn and Kabalites in the Venoms, combining their AI power, and spending the 200ish points on some Reavers to get in your opponents face?
Back to top Go down
PaulT
Kabalite Warrior

wych hord  Empty
PostSubject: Re: wych hord    wych hord  I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 18 2013, 10:18

Yeah I have 9 reavers, I never shoot them but use their bladevanes to take out infantry, they're pretty awesome. What about 4 units of ten wyches coming out of a webway?
Back to top Go down
DingK
Sybarite
DingK

wych hord  Empty
PostSubject: Re: wych hord    wych hord  I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 18 2013, 10:46

Only if you can be sure to drop the WWP far enough and in cover, otherwise they'll get shot to pieces the moment they arrive. You can't assault the turn you arrive anymore, so they'll be sitting ducks close to enemy lines.
Back to top Go down
PaulT
Kabalite Warrior

wych hord  Empty
PostSubject: Re: wych hord    wych hord  I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 18 2013, 11:00

Yeah 6th ed really made a difficult army to play even more so, with that WWP rule and FNP now a 5+ instead of a 4+. I started my 4k points of Dark Eldar army in 6th ed and I am really having a tough time winning with them. They are gorgeous models, and my army looks great but its a hard slog out there on the battle field against other armies. Ive allied with Eldar which has helped, I have Eldrad manning a quad gun, path finders and 3 war walkers backing him up and I now have some pretty awesome psychic abilities in my army too thanks to him, but its that f@#king 3 & 2+ save marines have that make them so resilient.

Ive heard no army hits as hard as Dark Eldar but we are so fragile, I think too much so just quietly....
Back to top Go down
DingK
Sybarite
DingK

wych hord  Empty
PostSubject: Re: wych hord    wych hord  I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 18 2013, 11:20

Dark Eldar are a glass hammer. Yes, we can hit hard, but we need to get out of there fast so they can't hit us back.

4000 points is a mighty high threshold to start an army off with, though, especially a finesse army like DE. I would suggest starting smaller; 500, 750, 1k, 1250 at the most. Get a feel for what works and, perhaps more importantly, what you find fun to play.

It's also important to match a unit's strenghts to an enemy's traits. High T, low saves? Splinterfire. Armorsaves? Get some AP or armor ignoring CCW in there. Multiple wounds? We've got ID weaponry.

Put two wych squads against one squad of Marines. Exert pressure on a small part of his army, with the full bearing of your own force. Don't divide and conquer; gang up and squash.
Back to top Go down
darthken239
Kabalite Warrior
darthken239

wych hord  Empty
PostSubject: Re: wych hord    wych hord  I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 18 2013, 12:49

yeah unfortunately small squads of wyches in venoms now just suck ass in assaults against troops. even average overwatch shooting will knock off 1 or 2 models.

still good at tank hunting though, gota love those haywire grenades. an it is easier to hit vehicles in CC.

if your theme is a wych kabal might i suggest a squad of beastmasters.
Back to top Go down
DominicJ
Wych

wych hord  Empty
PostSubject: Re: wych hord    wych hord  I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 18 2013, 13:09

Quote :
yeah unfortunately small squads of wyches in venoms now just suck ass in assaults against troops. even average overwatch shooting will knock off 1 or 2 models.

Wyches are there to mop up survivors or suicide a tank.
Leave wrecking big units to the elites.

5 Wyches in a Venom borders on the abusive
6 of them is just unbelievable.

Cavash
Lord of the Chat
Cavash

wych hord  Empty
PostSubject: Re: wych hord    wych hord  I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 18 2013, 18:48

I you drop them out of a WWP with some Pain Engines or Parasite Engines to provide Pain Tokens you should be fine. The Engines can help soften things up before charging at them and they will be a great distraction.

wych hord  YiVCUio
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

wych hord  Empty
PostSubject: Re: wych hord    wych hord  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

wych hord
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Drukhari Tactics