Lords and Ladies, Mistresses and Masters, denizens one and all,The Dark City
will be celebrating our second anniversary on May 14th, 2013. We have doubled in membership since our first awards in 2012, and to help us celebrate once again our tremendous success in plundering the Mon-keigh’s interweb, we would like to recognise those who have contributed the most over the past year to helping Commorragh’s spires stand tall and proud, and to helping keep our dungeons full!
The site awards that will result from this process will be based solely on the recognition of your peers, your fellow denizens here in the webway. You could be a complete noob to TDC, or even to 40K, or a wily veteran. Your conduct and standing as a member of this community will be the basis for both your nomination to a particular category, or categories, and also the subsequent forum-wide voting that will decide each final recipient.
We are now asking you to send in your nominations
over the next two weeks, by 11:59 PM PDT (Pacific Daylight Time) on Saturday, April 20. Please nominate one person only for each category
, using their forum name. If you cannot decide on just one person, flip a coin!The categories are as follows:Best Work of Fluff
– this denizen has contributed an outstanding, original piece of writing, or series of writings, relating to our beloved True Kin in either the Stories & Art section of the forum, the background to their army, roleplaying in the Arena, or any other section. Perhaps even an exceptional battle report.Best Quote
– what the best line of the past year and who authored it? Who made the most profound observation, offered the sagest advice, or provided the loudest guffaw? Thatcheresque, Pythonesque or Shakespearean, who were they and what did they say?Best Strategist
- this denizen is always willing to provide excellent advice to other members on their army lists, individual units and how they may best be used, and they always do so in a respectful manner. She or he can advise equally on fluffy and competitive lists, and do not promote cheese. Or perhaps their knowledge and skill has allowed them to win a tournament or two by consistently using their own forces to full effect.Best Rules Interpreter
– which member has benefited the forum’s members the most with their interpretations of GW’s byzantine rules and mechanics, both rules as written (RAW) and as intended (RAI)? This denizen has not only provided the wisest counsel, but has also done so consistently in a gracious manner, regardless of rank and experience.Best Battle Report
– who has the most entertaining or the most informative when writing up the latest outrages they have inflicted whilst raiding? Perhaps it was just one standout battle, or perhaps it was part of a larger campaign, or a tournament? Did they simply have a gift for written reports, or do they also employ audio-visual means?Best Painter
– the denizen nominated for this award has created a true masterpiece, or a collection of works, that enchanted all who gazed upon it. Their talent has created an imaginative palette or near-flawless execution, a life-like resemblance, or stunning tabletop presence that has captured and held your eye.Best Conversion
– which product of the covenly workshops impressed our denizens the most over the past 12 months? The nominee for this award has contributed a truly unique and imaginative model, or squad of models, that conforms fully to the ethos of the True Kin. Oozing character and beautifully crafted, it was the product of their own hand. Best Moderator
– this award shall go to the Architect, Patron, Muse or Mod who has consistently demonstrated a fair and balanced approach to all denizens and all situations, has provided a solid presence throughout the community, and has helped to promote the forum and Dark Eldar in general as much as possible to fellow gamers and hobbyists around the world.Best Overall Member
- this denizen may not be the best hobbyist, nor may they ever win a tournament, but he or she has a great presence on the site and has contributed greatly to its overall success and to your immense enjoyment of it! They exemplify kindness and encouragement towards all other members – very un-Dark Eldar-ish, I know.
that this category is not open to any member of the Moderating/Admin team.What to nominate for?
We encourage you to nominate for as many categories as possible. If you cannot think of someone to nominate in a particular category, take the time to do some research. For example, take a look at the Commorragh Tactica section of the forum to see who has been posting interesting battle reports, offering useful tactical advice and helping others with their army lists? These should help you come up with a nominee.
We also strongly encourage you to supply the reasons for your nominations, context is always very valuable.How to Nominate
Please e-mail your nominations to gobsmakked at thedarkcity.net
, using the subject line ‘Dark City Award nominations’. Please do not PM
them to any of the mods, as our inboxes cannot handle the volume of messages.Nominations should include this:
Award Name -
Denizen’s Name -
A brief description of the contribution that should be recognised and why you think it should be recognised.
The nominations received by the April 20 deadline will be tallied and ranked. The top 5 members for each category will then be sent a PM asking them to either accept or reject their nomination by Wednesday, April 24. If they accept they will then become an official nominee.
If a member rejects their nomination, it will then be offered to the person with the 6th highest votes, and so on. This may mean that if a lot of people reject nominations, or there are not enough people nominated in a category, there may only be 1 or 2 people to vote for (or potentially none).
If a person does not reply to the PM, we will work on the assumption that they want it and it will automatically be accepted.
We will not tell each nominee how many other nominees there are. Nor will we reveal who the nominees are prior to the next post that announces the official voting.
The final nominees' names will then be prepared in separate polls for all to vote on beginning Saturday, April 27. After this there will be a 2-week public poll to decide the winners, with 11:59 PM PDT (Pacific Daylight Time) Saturday, May 11 being the deadline for you to vote.Exempt Members
Please note that any denizens with warnings outstanding, or members who have previously been banned, will not be given the opportunity to accept a nomination. We will not discuss any of this with the community at large as this is only pertinent to the Muses and the member(s) in question.
If you have any questions, just ask any of the Admin team. Send your nominations in as soon as you can!
Thank you very much.