THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityRegisterLog in

Uniformity between my Kabal and those it hires?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Komodo_Kai
Slave
Komodo_Kai

Uniformity between my Kabal and those it hires? Empty
PostSubject: Uniformity between my Kabal and those it hires?   Uniformity between my Kabal and those it hires? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 09 2013, 14:57

Hi folks,

I've decided that its time to reboot my DE! I'm going for a full re-imagining - Title, fluff, colour schemes, everything!

My Kabal is going to be primarily a deep orange and black, with orange being the primary colour for the armour. The issue I want to discuss though is uniformity between my Kabal and the various wyches, hellion and reaver gangs, etc, that they are going to be hiring for their excursions into real space! I love the idea that the gangs I bring with me each have a strong individual identity and feeling of competitiveness towards their rivals (Think opposing reaver gangs gathered in a poorly light bar in the depths of Commoragh, goading each other and making wagers on who can bring back a planetary governors head!), but I am concerned that I am in danger of making my DE look like a mess on the board.

So I pose this problem to you, the overlords of Commoragh: In what ways would you suggest showing a strong emphasis on the individuality of the gangs, without making my army look an utter chaotic mess? Then again, in a culture consisting of innumerable sub-cultures, gang warfare and countless collectives claiming no allegiance to anyone but themselves... perhaps DE are an Army that can justify aesthetic chaos?

Thanks in advance for any input Smile Much love!
Back to top Go down
DingK
Sybarite
DingK

PostSubject: Re: Uniformity between my Kabal and those it hires?   Uniformity between my Kabal and those it hires? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 09 2013, 15:11

Back to top Go down
Yllithian
Slave
Yllithian

PostSubject: Re: Uniformity between my Kabal and those it hires?   Uniformity between my Kabal and those it hires? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 09 2013, 22:35

I would say that they probably can, but it may be taking a risk before you think for a while of how to aproach it correctly. It works very well fluff-wise but yet again what you see and precive is another thing that might be hard to get working well.

You have deamons of chaos, here it works very well for example. And some craftworld armies with a lot of different aspect warriors.

And I think it could work well for you too. The key is the colors you choose, or should I say, more the theme to get it dark and not too bright. I would choose colors that are opposing each other on the color wheel and colors that are not to close to each other, for example red and purple that can easily split. Opposite colors on the color chart with a dark theme could be your way in my opinion Smile

https://www.google.se/search?q=opposing+colors+on+the+color+wheel&hl=sv&safe=off&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=aYlkUci9DoWk0QWOm4CoDQ&sqi=2&ved=0CHoQsAQ&biw=1920&bih=952 A quick guide Smile
Back to top Go down
Archon Farath Mure
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Uniformity between my Kabal and those it hires?   Uniformity between my Kabal and those it hires? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 10 2013, 06:07

Well, here's how I do it. My Kabal, the primary part of my army, wears orange-tinted black with orange and yellow trim. Their hair and plumes are dyed green. My wych cult is inverted. Their armor is green, and their hair is orange. Skin tones, bodysuits, and metals remain the same on both forces.

(11/5/2013: A few things have been added to the Kabal's fluff, most notably shifting their base of operations into the Webway, sort of, and adding an alliance with the Alpha Legion, or at least a few heads of the hydra.)
Back to top Go down
Komodo_Kai
Slave
Komodo_Kai

PostSubject: Re: Uniformity between my Kabal and those it hires?   Uniformity between my Kabal and those it hires? I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 12 2013, 09:06

Thanks very much for the input guys, sorry for the delay I've been bogged down with work as usual.

The colour charts are great, especially for a colour blind soul like myself (red is red, I see little to no difference in shade - which is fun for painting Mad )

Im hoping to start a log up soon so I am looking forward to showing you some of the prototype models Very Happy

Thanks again!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Uniformity between my Kabal and those it hires?   Uniformity between my Kabal and those it hires? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Uniformity between my Kabal and those it hires?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

LOW COMMORRAGH - THE WORKSHOPS

:: Painting & Modelling Discussion
-
Jump to: