THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityRegisterLog in

2000pt Iron Man Tournament

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Aschen
Sybarite
Aschen

2000pt Iron Man Tournament Empty
PostSubject: 2000pt Iron Man Tournament   2000pt Iron Man Tournament I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 01 2013, 20:22

We are having a 2000pt iron man tournament at my shop. The winner gets a new Tau battleforce.

Basically its a normal tournament, but if a model dies during a game, it is lost for the rest of the game (I dont know how they are going to do vehicle damage)

Any ideas?

I was thinking long range firepower via lances/splinter cannons, backed up by a large squad of Incubi for those that get close enough. If I get to bring my corsair allies, was going to take a nightspinner and warp hunter
Back to top Go down
Mushkilla
Arena Champion
Mushkilla

PostSubject: Re: 2000pt Iron Man Tournament   2000pt Iron Man Tournament I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 01 2013, 21:10

Do you get to keep pain tokens between games?

“Even the Black Buzzards thought highly of him, and those maniacs were renowned for hating everyone.” - Tantalus, by Braden Campbell
Back to top Go down
Aschen
Sybarite
Aschen

PostSubject: Re: 2000pt Iron Man Tournament   2000pt Iron Man Tournament I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 01 2013, 21:12

Thats a good question, I should definitely pose it to the organizer. Im also waiting to see if I get to bring my corsairs. Some Barrage would be very nice
Back to top Go down
sgb69
Kabalite Warrior
sgb69

PostSubject: Re: 2000pt Iron Man Tournament   2000pt Iron Man Tournament I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 01 2013, 23:45

Weird and interesting format.

I fully expect the final round to be a wounded HQ in 2+ armor vs 3 Marines.

Wych

PostSubject: Re: 2000pt Iron Man Tournament   2000pt Iron Man Tournament I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 01 2013, 23:49

Methinks Necrons may have a stupid, stupid edge in this, given their propensity to not stay down. Also anything that can be properly horded, like orks or nids. In fact, tervigon spam will be nigh unbeatable. Just spam more gaunts, use them to wear down the enemy. By the last few games an opposing army will have lost stuff, whereas the nid army will likely still be going strong. Also seems very win-more; if you have a crushing victory first game you'll just keep rolling as you face opponents that took a beating in theirs but came out on top. I can't see a way for DE to do well here given their fragility, and I can't see this being a well-balanced event at all.

Sybarite
Aschen

PostSubject: Re: 2000pt Iron Man Tournament   2000pt Iron Man Tournament I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 02 2013, 00:00

Panic_Puppet

While I'd agree, I also think that this edition isnt very tournament friendly in general. Necrons are a pain in any format....

My shop is known for some...relatively unbalanced scenarios, but they are usually fun. We also dont have a lot of competitive UBER lists in our community. Everyone pretty much just has fun. We have a monthly 1000pt tournament which is more often than not kill point based, without any night fighting, secondary objectives, etc.... So Im used to having a little handicap (which is okay, because I win most normal tournaments)

Either way, your post doesnt help me build a list! I wish I had more jetbikes. They are super survivable. I was pondering two fliers, but I have a feeling there will be a lot of mech...
Back to top Go down
Mushkilla
Arena Champion
Mushkilla

PostSubject: Re: 2000pt Iron Man Tournament   2000pt Iron Man Tournament I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 02 2013, 07:14

Yeah I was about to say large jetbike squads with pain tokens have the mobility and survivability to take on a larger force. Just keep them in reserve so they can't get shot up and always get the Alpha strike. Very Happy

“Even the Black Buzzards thought highly of him, and those maniacs were renowned for hating everyone.” - Tantalus, by Braden Campbell
Back to top Go down
Aschen
Sybarite
Aschen

PostSubject: Re: 2000pt Iron Man Tournament   2000pt Iron Man Tournament I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 02 2013, 09:19

yeah, I have 9 reavers, and they will all be in the list. Pondering taking the Duke, to help me get the first turn/give incubi grenades...focus on long range firepower, and put night shields on everything

Now Aegis line, or bastion. Bastion is more survivable. Both are generally ignored, until the drop pods show up in the armies...

Got my answer back on the pain tokens. I dont get to keep them...though depending on how widdled down the opposing armies will be, it could be easy enough to get pain tokens back....

I'm pretty confident that if I get first turn on the first round, I'll have a good leg in

If I get second turn against a long range army, without night fight....I'll be limping along...
Back to top Go down
Shadows Revenge
Hierarch of Tactica
Shadows Revenge

PostSubject: Re: 2000pt Iron Man Tournament   2000pt Iron Man Tournament I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 02 2013, 15:06

harliestar ftw... survivability as well as damage output ftw!!! Plus people will be so scaried, most of your force will live through the matches Wink

Current List:
First 2k GSC List
Back to top Go down
Aschen
Sybarite
Aschen

PostSubject: Re: 2000pt Iron Man Tournament   2000pt Iron Man Tournament I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 02 2013, 17:39

I only have one box of harlies! And no beast packs..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2000pt Iron Man Tournament   2000pt Iron Man Tournament I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2000pt Iron Man Tournament
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Drukhari Tactics
-
Jump to: