THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityRegisterLog in

1750pt. what do you think?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
colinsherlow
Hekatrix
colinsherlow

1750pt. what do you think? Empty
PostSubject: 1750pt. what do you think?   1750pt. what do you think? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 01 2013, 00:35

this is a 1750 list that I have been thinking about playing. I only own "15" reavers right now, but I'll get the other 3 soon. this list is semi inspired my Mushkilla. Well the Reavers are anyways. C&C please

Here it is. my 1750

Haemonculus w/ shattershard (the great equilizer)

3 Trueborn w/ 2 dark lances

3 Trueborn w/ 2 splinter cannons

9 Wracks w/ liquifier, Arcothyst (to take challanges away from the Haemo or guard unit from combat characters)
Raider w/ Dark lance

5 Wracks w/ liquifer
Venom w/ 2 splinter cannons

5 Kabalite warriors

5 Kabalite warrios

5 Wyches w/ Haywire Grenades

9 Reaver Jetbikes w/ 3 blasters, Champ w/ VB

9 Reaver Jetbikes w/ 3 blasters, Champ w/ VB

Ravanger w/ 3 Dark lances

Ravanger w/ 3 Dark lances

Void Raven Bomber w/ 2 shatterfield missles and flickerfield.

Does this army look competitive? semi? crap? fun (for me and my opponnent)? fun for just me?
let me know what you guys think.

The trueborn are there to be annoying. the lance squad gives me a little extra AT and the Scannon unit is cheap and great for AI.
the units are small and don't seem to threatning so they usually get ignored. and if someone wants to shoot them then go ahead.

The basic idea is that the reavers will usually start in reserve and turbo on and blade something that has been weekends for the pain token. and generally support my army where required. whether that is busting tanks. blocking charges, contesting objectives, blading stuff ect. the haemi joins the large wrack unit to give them a combat buff (furious charge) and getting that 3rd pain token for fearless shouldn't be that hard. the wracks or more of a counter assauly unit, but can obviously move up field if required. this will be made easier with suppord from the reavers.

the small wrack unit or for bunkering down or getting if your face with the liquifier.
the warriors units reserve, but I deploy their venoms.
the wyches are mainly there to kill the odd tanks, plasma grenade something, or charge small assault unit to tie them down once in a while.

the ravangers do what ravangers do best. pop tanks.
the VB is there to primarily for AT as when flying on I can put him where needed. the missles are always useful as they are great AI and good for light armour if desired. the VB also provides a little extra AA which is always nice.

Sybarite
Dogmar

PostSubject: Re: 1750pt. what do you think?   1750pt. what do you think? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 01 2013, 11:14

What strikes me as odd about the list is the splinter-born, because the list has sooooo much AI to begin with, I think it could use some more first turn AT, since the VR and the bikes will not come on until later. In short I'd try to scrap some points to make them lance-born as well.

In terms of strength I'd definitely rate the list as strong, but still fun to play for you and your opponent because of the diversity of units on the table. Your standard venom spam army with just 5 warriors + blaster in venom would be more annoying.

This list could be could for the odd pick up game or a gaming night with friends and still fare decent in a tournament setting if you're good with the playstyle. If you want to win a tournament at all costs and evaporate everything with ease you'd need to tweak the list a bit more, but I for one really don't like that approach.
Back to top Go down
colinsherlow
Hekatrix
colinsherlow

PostSubject: Re: 1750pt. what do you think?   1750pt. what do you think? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 04 2013, 00:27

yeah this list is more of a semi competitive fun list. It's good enough for local tounries and pick up games.

Wych
Crazy_Ivan

PostSubject: Re: 1750pt. what do you think?   1750pt. what do you think? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 04 2013, 16:21

I would drop the reaver squads down to 6 with 2 blasters each, give your trueborn 3 blasters and a venom with dual cannons Smile
Back to top Go down
colinsherlow
Hekatrix
colinsherlow

PostSubject: Re: 1750pt. what do you think?   1750pt. what do you think? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 04 2013, 22:07

@Crazy_Ivan wrote:
I would drop the reaver squads down to 6 with 2 blasters each, give your trueborn 3 blasters and a venom with dual cannons Smile

Noted! :-)

PostSubject: Re: 1750pt. what do you think?   1750pt. what do you think? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1750pt. what do you think?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Army Lists
-
Jump to: