THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityRegisterLog in

1200pt list with batrep

Go down 
AuthorMessage
DominicJ
Wych

1200pt list with batrep Empty
PostSubject: 1200pt list with batrep   1200pt list with batrep I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 29 2013, 12:18

5 wyches with haywires in venoms with extra cannon
x4

Archon
Huskblade, shadowfield, drugs, soul.
4 Incubi
Klaivex
Venom/splinter cannon

Two Ravagers with Night shields

Razorwing with dizzies and night shields.

Its a bit more normal than my last list was Smile

Last edited by DominicJ on Thu Apr 04 2013, 21:13; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
DominicJ
Wych

PostSubject: Re: 1200pt list with batrep   1200pt list with batrep I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 04 2013, 20:57

Made a few last minute changes, swapped two wyches for blasterites and gave the Razor Lances.

Sick.
Sickening, filthy filthy filthy.

Enemy was Vanilla Marines, three tactical squads, Librarian, Dread.
Scenario was Two Objectives.
I rolled night fighting as my trait, and +1WS drugs.

6 Lances blow the dreadie, and my venoms chew up marines.
His return fire stripped two HPs

I finish off a squad of marines, debuss a kabalite squad from my wounded venom on to an objective.
He kills four kabalites

I wipe out the tactical squad holding his objective with splinter fire, assault his librarian squad with my Archibi. Overwatch buckles the shadow field
Libby accepts challenge and eats three instant deaths, incubi kill 5 marines and lose the klaivex.
Marines hold, then four die, and they run in their turn

I seize his objective, and his lone tac marine gets charged by my S6 Archon and shredded.
Turn 4 table with both objectives.

FILTH

Dogmar
Sybarite
Dogmar

PostSubject: Re: 1200pt list with batrep   1200pt list with batrep I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 04 2013, 22:31

Naw, I wouldn't say filth, but it's close to the strongest thing you could field in a marine heavy meta (read, everywhere). Maxed heavies and lots of troops in venoms at 1,2k is strong. Good job on chumping the marines. I'll say though that his list was not very strong. I'd at least expect 1 flyer and/or Thunderfire Cannon at that point level which would have made the matchup a bit tougher for you.

Still congratulations. Was there anything you particularly liked about the list? Was the playstyle fun to you? Are there things you would change since they did not perform the way you wanted?
Back to top Go down
Brom
Wych

PostSubject: Re: 1200pt list with batrep   1200pt list with batrep I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 04 2013, 22:47

Nice. Ya id call the list close to the strongest DE of capable of, barring 3 man wracks. I agree the marines seem a little friendly.

Did the wyches do anything? Im really struggling to see their worth compared to the other troops options.
Back to top Go down
DominicJ
Wych

PostSubject: Re: 1200pt list with batrep   1200pt list with batrep I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05 2013, 10:30

Arghh, just lost my post!!!

Quote :
Was the playstyle fun to you?
It was just a bit boring.
I need an "at risk" unit. Something I can put up as a target the other side can hit. No as a favour or anything, I just need them to come forward so I can butcher them Smile.
My venoms could just flit around at bolter range until I had pulled him forward enough to get my Archibi in to charge range, but he only came forward out of habit.

Quote :
Are there things you would change since they did not perform the way you wanted?
The soul trap and the drugs stand out.
The soul trap worked, but was pointless. There were 5 marines left alive by the time it was functional.
Its only ten points, and there are a few nid players, but even with the charge, an archon is only a little over 65% on for the kill, without it, he aint going to survive a Carnifex hitting back.

His drugs were a bit of a waste too. Twice now, and I've had a 1 and a 2, both pretty much pointless.

Its only 20pts, but thats 1.667% of my army.

Quote :
Did the wyches do anything?
Looked like sexy naked chicks....
They are there to take objectives by force, or run down already mauled units (that can be ran down)

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1200pt list with batrep   1200pt list with batrep I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1200pt list with batrep
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Army Lists
-
Jump to: