THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityRegisterLog in

Hellions: Are they even worth it?

Go down 
+2
Skyboard surfer
ShamPow1999
6 posters
AuthorMessage
ShamPow1999
Hellion

Hellions: Are they even worth it? Empty
PostSubject: Hellions: Are they even worth it?   Hellions: Are they even worth it? I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27 2013, 18:08

Are Hellions even worth it? Our army seems to have units that are better in close combat, and who can put out more poisoned shots. What is the purpose of these Dark Eldar gansters? how do you use them in your army?
Back to top Go down
Skyboard surfer
Kabalite Warrior
Skyboard surfer

PostSubject: Re: Hellions: Are they even worth it?   Hellions: Are they even worth it? I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27 2013, 18:51

In truth there are probably better things that do the things Hellions do - Wychs in venoms for a start...

But they are a lot of fun to use and look so damn cool. I sling a squad of them at something I want to hold up, and either shoot them up with splinter pods and grenades or assault them in a blaze of death and glory. Actually they usually do pretty well for me and my reavers get splattered every time. If I was entering a serious comp (which will probably never happen) I might well leave the Hellions at home.

So its a personal choice really.

Wych

PostSubject: Re: Hellions: Are they even worth it?   Hellions: Are they even worth it? I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27 2013, 19:49

I think all of our fast attacks suffer from the same problem.
Our HQs cant be be given jetbikes/skyboards/wings.

Reavers are the most popular solely on the grounds that they come with the battleforce.

That said, Hellions are the most awesome models ever

Skyboard surfer
Kabalite Warrior
Skyboard surfer

PostSubject: Re: Hellions: Are they even worth it?   Hellions: Are they even worth it? I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27 2013, 20:04

@DominicJ wrote:
I think all of our fast attacks suffer from the same problem.
Our HQs cant be be given jetbikes/skyboards/wings.

Reavers are the most popular solely on the grounds that they come with the battleforce.

That said, Hellions are the most awesome models ever

The Baron rides a skyboard and makes Hellions much more viable but he is not cheap - see ongoing discussion on this board!

And yes they are the most excellent models in the 'verse.

Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Hellions: Are they even worth it?   Hellions: Are they even worth it? I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27 2013, 21:00

They suffered a lot in the change to 6th edition. A big blob with the baron used to be very competitive, but with the nerfing of cover and the addition of focus fire they are sure to die before they have any impact on the game.
Back to top Go down
average joe
Kabalite Warrior
average joe

PostSubject: Re: Hellions: Are they even worth it?   Hellions: Are they even worth it? I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27 2013, 21:18

@ShamPow1999 wrote:
What is the purpose of these Dark Eldar gansters? how do you use them in your army?

I'm still very much learning the DE/sixth edition ropes and am no longer a competitive player, but I offer the following.
What purpose do they serve? Variety. As noted they are not the optimal unit in the army for anything, but they do give you a change of pace in playstyle. The one scenario and the Baron make them a scoring unit which create even more possibilities for change of pace when playing.
Also if you play with them enough you'll see them hit their max. strength via a combination of hellglaive, combat drugs, and pain tokens. I don't play much, but it's already happened in one of my games when I fielded my Hellions. It was entertaining when it happened. My only regret was there wasn't any vehicles left on the table to go and make into pin cushions.
Back to top Go down
doomseer11b
Sybarite
doomseer11b

PostSubject: Re: Hellions: Are they even worth it?   Hellions: Are they even worth it? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 28 2013, 00:44

i like them because i dont field less then 15. I would assume to extrememly experienced players this may not be intimidating. However, with my games and friends, they always seem to focus a lot on them as it really is a LARGE blob coming at them quickly. I try to keep them in some kind of cover (obviously) and like to soften up units as i move across the board for my wyches to clean up. They have actually done pretty well for me as well, the only problem is they lack punch in a fight. So generally i just rush as quick as possible for a perceived threat and back off and shoot, hopefully soaking up lots of fire so they dont shoot at my raiders. Might not be a viable threat unit, but i think its a good psychological one.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hellions: Are they even worth it?   Hellions: Are they even worth it? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hellions: Are they even worth it?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Army Lists
-
Jump to: