THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityRegisterLog in

Master Haemonculus ugrade for Grotesques

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Grumpy Kwi
Nightmare Doll on the Loose
Grumpy Kwi

Master Haemonculus ugrade for Grotesques Empty
PostSubject: Master Haemonculus ugrade for Grotesques   Master Haemonculus ugrade for Grotesques I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 17 2011, 17:07

I have seen this a couple times but can someone tell me the reason why an Aberration would not benefit from Urien's Master Haemonculus upgrade?

I would think that an Aberration is a grotesque, no?
Back to top Go down
Local_Ork
Fleshsculptor
Local_Ork

PostSubject: Re: Master Haemonculus ugrade for Grotesques   Master Haemonculus ugrade for Grotesques I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 17 2011, 17:14

Because people are dumb and can't get the memo that ALL members must take "all models must take" upgrades?

Because guys that make Army Builder databases take massive dump on their customers heads and morons think that AB is Codex equivalent?

Your call...
It's kinda like saying that Hekatrix don't get Haywire Grenades.

Grumpy Kwi
Nightmare Doll on the Loose
Grumpy Kwi

PostSubject: Re: Master Haemonculus ugrade for Grotesques   Master Haemonculus ugrade for Grotesques I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 17 2011, 22:39

I have seen it elsewhere, not just Army Builder (unless they were following Army Builder too).

No worries, didn't mean to excite anyone

I was the Dark Eldar Data file editor for Army Builder back in 4th edition, my file (the one that you use to build an army on Army Builder) was flawless.

Easy enough for me to change it using the editor - heck, the file probably still uses my old coding to begin with!

"is that it ?" ....
Back to top Go down
Local_Ork
Fleshsculptor
Local_Ork

PostSubject: Re: Master Haemonculus ugrade for Grotesques   Master Haemonculus ugrade for Grotesques I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 17 2011, 22:44

New AB files are horrible, really. 50 point WWP, screwed Scourges upgrades, some "basic math" problems...

Damn.

Radium
Kabalite Warrior
Radium

PostSubject: Re: Master Haemonculus ugrade for Grotesques   Master Haemonculus ugrade for Grotesques I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 18 2011, 08:14

@Local_Ork wrote:
AB is horrible

Fixed that for you.

AB is a fine program to try out some builds to see what point total they (roughly) add up to. But you should always check the totals with a codex, and make sure it's a legal list yourself. I really don't get why a lot of people push AB as much as they do, and say it is the way to write lists and make sure they're correct, given all the errors I've found so far in pretty much every file.

My Archon's latest trapped soul: Kairos Fateweaver
Back to top Go down
SinisterPlank
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Master Haemonculus ugrade for Grotesques   Master Haemonculus ugrade for Grotesques I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 24 2011, 12:09

If anyone else should whine, just point at the wording of the rule. It says "Any unit of Grotesques" wich would imply all members of the unit type "Grotesques". An abberation, wether it's an actual grotesque or not, is still part of the Unit of Grotesques, sience it's listed in the entry.
Back to top Go down
furyan
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Master Haemonculus ugrade for Grotesques   Master Haemonculus ugrade for Grotesques I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 30 2011, 08:28

hmm.. the abberation is an upgrade option to a grotesque to make it a character, which btw still makes it a grotesque. hence the master haemonculus also affects him since he is just an "upgraded" grotesque.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Master Haemonculus ugrade for Grotesques   Master Haemonculus ugrade for Grotesques I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Master Haemonculus ugrade for Grotesques
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Rules: Queries & Questions
-
Jump to: