THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityRegisterLog in

Raiding Party

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Miasma
Slave

Raiding Party Empty
PostSubject: Raiding Party   Raiding Party I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 23 2013, 12:27

Greetings one and all,

I am a new player of 40K having not even seen how the 6th edition rules actually work (i know my first task blah blah) and have not been active in grim dark since 2nd edition. However after a long hiatus from 40K I have decided that it is probably a good time to reinvest myself in the game.

I own the Rulebook and the Codex so have a theoretical understanding of how the game should work

I know my playstyle from other games, I love to misdirect, divide and conquer and hit and run with my forces. I am also more of a collector, modeller and painter then a gamer both of these instantly pointed me towards the Dark Eldar, however like many of you I am sure I will be attempting to keep to a strict budget so would like my first army list of 1000 points to consist of many of the building blocks for my future forces.

Right then here is what I have planned

Total Roster Cost: 999

HQ: Archon - 110 pts
Venom Blade, Blaster, Shadow Field

Troops: 10 Kabalite Warriors - 180 pts
Splinter Cannon,
Raider, Splinter Racks, Night Shields

Troops: 9 Kabalite Warriors - 161 pts
Raider, Splinter Racks, Night Shields

Troops: 5 Wyches - 125 pts
Haywire Grenades
Venom, Splinter Cannon

Troops: 5 Wyches - 115 pts
Haywire Grenades
Venom

Fast Attack: 3 Reavers - 78 pts
Heat Lance

Heavy Support: Ravager - 115 pts
3 Dark Lances, Night Shields

Heavy Support: Ravager - 115 pts
3 Dark Lances, Night Shields

I believe that with the above list I have covered all bases in the army building:

Range
Combat
Anti Infantry
Anti Armour
Anti Tank
Mobility
Numbers

Although it won't survive well in a war of attrition, that it up to me to ensure that I don't get bogged down or allow my opponant to dictate the pace of the game
Back to top Go down
Miasma
Slave

Raiding Party Empty
PostSubject: Re: Raiding Party   Raiding Party I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 16 2013, 23:28

No suggestions at all?
Back to top Go down
Shadows Revenge
Hierarch of Tactica
Shadows Revenge

Raiding Party Empty
PostSubject: Re: Raiding Party   Raiding Party I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 17 2013, 14:52

I think you are on the right track with the army. The best advice I would say is drop the nightshields on the 10 man warrior squad to get the second cannon on the second venom. Its a way better spending of 10 pts than nightshields (and I am a huge perponent for nightshields)

Current List:
First 2k GSC List
Back to top Go down
Skyboard surfer
Kabalite Warrior
Skyboard surfer

Raiding Party Empty
PostSubject: Re: Raiding Party   Raiding Party I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 17 2013, 15:45

Assuming you are not looking for your HQ to mix it in combat (since they will be with the kabalites?) you could look for a cheaper option rather than the tooled-up archon and spend the points on the 2nd Venom splinter cannon and maybe a sybarite to accept any unfortunate challenges. Just a thought.

In any event it looks a pretty solid list to me.

Wych

Raiding Party Empty
PostSubject: Re: Raiding Party   Raiding Party I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 17 2013, 18:12

Its an ok list, which will teach you a lot.
Splinter cannons on the Venom are *NOT* optional

Archons are bad matches for Kabalites
You've be better putting him with blood brides in a venom.

Night shields are awesome, in the right place.
They dont work so well on splinter raiders, because you need to be in close to use them.

Its hard to comment on because its a bit unfocused, and it depends what you want.
I post a new one every week, with a link to the old one, a bat rep, and bit of an explanation of what I'm looking for.

If you havent bought it yet, I'd be careful with the Raiders/Ravagers
I've got three Raiders converted to Ravagers, and see no reason to have Raiders at 1200pts, Venoms are way better.
But at 1800pts, could use my three converted Ravagers and two raiders.

So yeah, masses of Battleforces may or may not be appropriate

Shadows Revenge
Hierarch of Tactica
Shadows Revenge

Raiding Party Empty
PostSubject: Re: Raiding Party   Raiding Party I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 17 2013, 19:19

@DominicJ wrote:

Archons are bad matches for Kabalites
You've be better putting him with blood brides in a venom.

See I disagree with you here. The Archon is amazing for a BS7 Blaster. Any other HQ is superfluous in such a low list. The Succubi would be more out of place as she cant contribute to shooting, and the haemie only contribution is a pain token and maybe a template, but why would you want to get that close??? The Archon fits well. Plus you can always throw him at something and keep it held up.

Quote :
Night shields are awesome, in the right place.
They dont work so well on splinter raiders, because you need to be in close to use them.

Again I disagree. Nightshields are made for being close. It lowers the effectiveness of rapid fire weapons so they wont drop you down in one turn of shooting. Also it helps to help dodge shots from supporting elements that could of stranded your warriors in enemy territory. The reason I suggested to drop it off the other raider is it is most likely going to spend most of its time at the 36" range mark, where most weapons that could hit it outrange it even with the -6"

Current List:
First 2k GSC List
Back to top Go down
Sydonia
Slave
Sydonia

Raiding Party Empty
PostSubject: Re: Raiding Party   Raiding Party I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 18 2013, 00:06

I completely agree with Shadows Revenge here.

I like the list very much as well. I'm not a fan of splinter racks (personally, if they work for you...huzzah and all that.) though as it gives me the feeling that the warriors will be inside the raider until it blows.

Would like to know how the list performs though!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Raiding Party Empty
PostSubject: Re: Raiding Party   Raiding Party I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Raiding Party
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Army Lists
-