THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityRegisterLog in

Flayed Skin Army List

Go down 
+6
Evil Space Elves
Balisong
Count Adhemar
Drev
Kinnay
Sky Serpent
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Sky Serpent
Adrenalight Junkie
Sky Serpent

Flayed Skin Army List Empty
PostSubject: Flayed Skin Army List   Flayed Skin Army List I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 22 2013, 14:55

As some of you are aware, the Throne of Skulls tournament at Warhammer World has a competition for best army list - most importantly, the best army list settles any ties for best in race.

Here is my flayed skin army list:

Flayed Skin Army List BC7B55CE-8286-4DFF-90F8-BF7DEEBBA37F-5868-000001844C34C235

It started life as a piece of A4 plain paper, coffee, water, old bronzed flesh and vallejo carmine red went into it. It was dried with a hair dryer and then ironed flat. I used a border made by Eye of Error and typed up my army list in an italic, red font to look like blood. Paper went into the printer and vects your uncle. To finish up it was cut into and then stitched together - aiming for sections that were a different shade and hue so that it looks like an amalgamation of different skin.

(I have to confess, the ideas were mine but the execution was my girlfriends, I mean me.... sew.....?)

Administrator of The Dark City - Please message me any suggestions, improvements or problems
Back to top Go down
https://www.thedarkcity.net
Kinnay
Wych
Kinnay

PostSubject: Re: Flayed Skin Army List   Flayed Skin Army List I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 22 2013, 15:13

That is insane. Insane as in 'insanely cool'! The only thing I could have thought of to make it even better, is to actually write the list with dark red ink and by hand. The computer font does take away a little of its credibility, if I'm honest.

But that's not to say that the whole concept isn't super creative and well done. If I ever go to a tournament, this is what I'll do! Smile

Drev
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Flayed Skin Army List   Flayed Skin Army List I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 22 2013, 15:29

Looks fantastic!!! Everything looks good, but I think the stitching is the real icing on the cake. I've seen coffee stained paper and the like before but the stitching...brilliant idea and execution. The print could be a darker red (blood dries dark) to make reading easier; but it may just be the photo or my monitor that makes the printing look light. Another thought may be a faded background tattoo on the 'skin', but really not necessary and it may actually be distracting so...
I can't imagine other submissions topping this. Hope it goes well for you.
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Flayed Skin Army List   Flayed Skin Army List I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 22 2013, 16:03

In the event of a tie I'm going to put my money on that list to swing it for you! ABSOLUTELY SUPERB!

Balisong
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Flayed Skin Army List   Flayed Skin Army List I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 24 2013, 02:24

That Fricking Rocks!
Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: Flayed Skin Army List   Flayed Skin Army List I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 24 2013, 05:38

You are a sick, sick man...with either too much free time or a ton of awesomeness Razz

My Dark Eldar Project Log
Back to top Go down
Archon Farath Mure
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Flayed Skin Army List   Flayed Skin Army List I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 24 2013, 05:54

I think that only one common Internet phrase will serve here: Epic win.

(11/5/2013: A few things have been added to the Kabal's fluff, most notably shifting their base of operations into the Webway, sort of, and adding an alliance with the Alpha Legion, or at least a few heads of the hydra.)
Back to top Go down
Sky Serpent
Adrenalight Junkie
Sky Serpent

PostSubject: Re: Flayed Skin Army List   Flayed Skin Army List I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 24 2013, 22:16

Thanks very much everyone for the compliments - it didn't win best army list, someone had made a ton of imperial artefacts etc which were awesome.

I'll probably do it again for the next one, could go all out and do it in the style of one of the tabards.

Administrator of The Dark City - Please message me any suggestions, improvements or problems
Back to top Go down
https://www.thedarkcity.net
Tony Spectacular
Kabalite Warrior
Tony Spectacular

PostSubject: Re: Flayed Skin Army List   Flayed Skin Army List I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 25 2013, 12:00

That's gorgeous! If I may be so bold as to recommend an improvement to an artifact I could never have managed on my own, if you have the patience and the steady hand for it, you could go over the printed text with a little darker brownish red in order to make it look more like dried blood and more hand written.

Wych

PostSubject: Re: Flayed Skin Army List   Flayed Skin Army List I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 25 2013, 12:46

That looks pretty sweet! Top marks for you sir, definitely one of the best ToS lists I've seen

Hellion
Archon Darkanis

PostSubject: Re: Flayed Skin Army List   Flayed Skin Army List I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 31 2013, 19:14

That is an awesome list man! Hats off to ya.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Flayed Skin Army List   Flayed Skin Army List I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Flayed Skin Army List
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

LOW COMMORRAGH - THE WORKSHOPS

:: Painting & Modelling Discussion
-
Jump to: