THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityRegisterLog in

1500PT DEldar Beatdown???

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Grimm_R'Hun
Slave

1500PT DEldar Beatdown??? Empty
PostSubject: 1500PT DEldar Beatdown???   1500PT DEldar Beatdown??? I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 12 2013, 03:46

https://www.thedarkcity.net/t5767-first-dark-eldar-army-750pts

This was the list I used to play and it was the third Ravager I played with and had luck. Just small games of kill matches, crusade, and the emperors will. I played against Nids, Necrons, and Blood Angels. Some friendly locals that are competitive players and enjoy the casual games outside of thursdays and saturdays. I know at 750pts you can only test your army so much. So after some thought and combing through the pages of The Dark City, this is an idea:

HQ - 265PTS
Archon
w/ Huskblade, Soul Trap, Phantasm Grenade Launcher, Shadowfield - 160PTS

Succubus
w/ Agoniser, Electrocorrosive Whip - 105PTS

Elites - 354PTS
4 Incubi
In Venom w/ Splinter Cannon and Grisly Trophies (9PTS short of the total, just wanted to soak up some of the extras) - 158PTS

7 Bloodbrides
w/ 2 Shardnet and Impaler, Syren w/ Phantasm grenade launcher, venom blade in raider - 196PTS

Troops - 250PTS
(x2) 5 Kabalite Warriors
w/ Blaster in Venom w/ Splinter Cannon - 125PTS

Fast Attack - 312PTS
(x2) 6 Reaver Jetbikes
w/ 2 Heatlances - 156PTS

Heavy Support - 315PTS
(x3) Ravagers - 105PTS

Total - 1496

The idea is based around a simple idea. Assault the baddies and the biggies. The squad of bloodbrides (to be accompanied by Succubus) was obviously taken for the two shardnets and impalers to reduce the number of incoming. Needed the Syren for the PGL, so may as well give her a venom blade, more attacks that always wound on a 2+. This is basically a unit that can cause a massive pause by turn 2 for either a super devastating squad (the baddies) or a way to hunt some IC's or Monsters (the biggies). Incubi are along side the Archon to either help support them crazy wyches or can assault another unit. I know not to take up too much of the battlefield with random assaults here and there, but with strategic assaults both these squads could be effective. Warriors squads (I know they are less points than my HQ) are there to pick up either potential assaulters to my CC squards or find units that may threaten armor. Ravagers, well, they do their thing. Take the scary armor out and work way down. Reavers, whats next on target priority? Can go for tanks, go for heavy infantry,or if they get bored - Bladevane. In theory, no math, play testing, nor a lot of experience with DE, I can see it as a viable list. Any advice, criticism, or changes that i should make (with explanations please) would be most appreciated!!

Edits - For now, to fix some errors. My apologies for the not so great grammar Wink

Klaivex
Massaen

PostSubject: Re: 1500PT DEldar Beatdown???   1500PT DEldar Beatdown??? I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 12 2013, 03:56

Ok, here are some things for you to think about...

@Grimm_R'Hun wrote:
Archon w/ Huskblade, Soul Trap, Phantasm Grenade Launcher, Shadowfield - 160PTS

A fine combo - finding 5pts for haywire grenades is worth it as would 10 points for combat drugs since you are going hard core killer. another 5pts for the venom blade would be awesome as well.

@Grimm_R'Hun wrote:
Succubus w/ Agoniser, Electrocorrosive Whip - 105PTS

So many wasted points! Loose the whip (does nothing) and swap the agoniser for venom blade and haywire grenades.

@Grimm_R'Hun wrote:
4 Incubi In Venom w/ Splinter Cannon and Grisly Trophies 158PTS

With points saved above - add a klaivex to take challenges for the archon. Also, consider nightshields for the venom (better to not get shot then hope for the 5++

@Grimm_R'Hun wrote:
7 Bloodbrides w/ 2 Shardnet and Impaler, Syren w/ Phantasm grenade launcher, venom blade in raider - 196PTS

Swap them for wyches - blood brides are terrible. For the unit of 7 you have i could get 9 wyches, haywire grenades, hekatrix with venom blade or less points. The main difference is you have just 1 more attack then me but i have a higher LD breaking point, threaten vehicles and am scoring!

@Grimm_R'Hun wrote:
(x2) 5 Kabalite Warriors w/ Blaster in Venom w/ Splinter Cannon - 125PTS

Ok - i like to add nightshields to the venoms but thats your call.

@Grimm_R'Hun wrote:
(x2) 6 Reaver Jetbikes w/ 2 Heatlances - 156PTS

fine - i prefer blasters but thats a personal choice

@Grimm_R'Hun wrote:
(x3) Ravagers - 105PTS

These need nightshields

http://objectivesecured.com.au/
Sulphunet
Hellion
Sulphunet

PostSubject: Re: 1500PT DEldar Beatdown???   1500PT DEldar Beatdown??? I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 12 2013, 04:31

Massaen said it all! The main thing you need is the Night Shields, it's amazing how useful these things are.

One thing I would say is maybe some Distintegrator Cannons, but that's a personal choice of mine. I like putting 3 on a Ravager and using the Ravager to destroy units of Terminators (S5 AP2 means you're hitting on 3's and wounding on 3's with no armour for the Terminators). But again, that's a personal choice of mine.

Massaen's point about the Blasters on the Reavers is a really good one, Blasters are always useful at the full 18" range while the Heat Lances have to be within 9" to get the Melta rule working.

Why do we ride atop these elegant craft? The better to hear the screams of our prey as we ride them down, to savour the fear etched on their faces, to taste the tantalising tang of their blood in the air as an appetiser before the feast. But most of all we ride them so that the slaughter may begin as soon as possible.
Back to top Go down
sgb69
Kabalite Warrior
sgb69

PostSubject: Re: 1500PT DEldar Beatdown???   1500PT DEldar Beatdown??? I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 12 2013, 06:01

hmm... I've gotta support you on the Heat Lances. You've got enough Darklight floating around, so some melta may be nice. It's also golden to make the opponent focus on the Reavers rather than your other, squishier stuff.

I'd try to find the points to give the Raider Nightshields and Enhanced Aethersails. Both upgrades are golden for protecting your girls and getting them to the fight in one piece.

Try giving some thought to a Venom Blade on your Succubus. It wounds terminators better than an Agonizer for 1/4th the cost. And if any over your units are going termie hunting, it'll probably be her squad.

Klaivex
Massaen

PostSubject: Re: 1500PT DEldar Beatdown???   1500PT DEldar Beatdown??? I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 12 2013, 06:13

Heat lances make reavers even more of a target in my experience...

Grimm_R'Hun
Slave

PostSubject: Re: 1500PT DEldar Beatdown???   1500PT DEldar Beatdown??? I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 12 2013, 13:39

Thank you all for the input. Ill see what list I can put together. I can see the difference between blasters and heat lances and the big one is 2d6 at 9" vs d6 at 18". Sometimes the 2d6 will have a more positive outcome yet a assault move from that close could just leave them hanging.

As for the bloodbrides - I see your point Massaen. Are they not worth it at all if you set up your charge formation correctly to reduce the number of incoming attacks. Its the only reason, after all, I chose them. Option to carry two shardnets seemed like a way to control cc a little bit more. I'm up for changing the unit, just curious.

Thanks for the Archon w/ Incubi love. Ill see what I can add to them when I'm making the changes.

Ill make the changes to trsnsports and Ravagers, possibly wyches and Succubus. Think the Reavers as well, maybe. Then with the extra points I'll see what can be done to Incubi and Archon.

Thank you again for the input.

Sybarite
Timatron

PostSubject: Re: 1500PT DEldar Beatdown???   1500PT DEldar Beatdown??? I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 12 2013, 16:12

Now, I know the list I've posted just below is far from optimised, in fact it has no Reavers or Ravagers whatsoever, maybe why all the " there is only one way to play DE" bunch on here have not made any comments or replies to my list, can't wrap their narrow minds around the concept of not having 2/3 Ravagers and 12+ Reavers. That notwithstanding, you clearly have not enough troops choices in that list. I hope you don't think I'm having a go at you, just annoys me that no-one on here understands that not everybody can afford to throw away the models they have and invest in 3 Ravagers and 27 Reaver jetbikes. Maybe there are lots of other ways to play effectively with Dark Eldar, unfortunately most of the gamers on here will never know, as they all spend 100's of pounds or dollars to all play the exact same army in the exact same way. Good luck to you all, will never stop me believing there are more combinations that can be used than you will ever know.
Back to top Go down
sgb69
Kabalite Warrior
sgb69

PostSubject: Re: 1500PT DEldar Beatdown???   1500PT DEldar Beatdown??? I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 12 2013, 23:20

@Massaen wrote:
Heat lances make reavers even more of a target in my experience...

Which is a good thing. Don't we want people to shoot at our units that currently have the best saves?

@ Grim: I think that giving the brides some field time would be worthwhile. The main differences you're likely to notice are that assaults with go better with Brides, while Haywire Wyches do a little better against vehicles for similar point values. A very specialized role, vs. a dual role. Give 'em a shot at some point, just to see how they play out on the tabletop.

The thing that gets me about brides... they cost the same as a Chaos Space Marine kitted for melee.

@ Tim: I think you're a little off topic there, friend. Could be interesting material for a new thread though.

Klaivex
Massaen

PostSubject: Re: 1500PT DEldar Beatdown???   1500PT DEldar Beatdown??? I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 13 2013, 00:39

@sgb69 - the change over from blood bride to wyches saves points, makes them scoring and only looses 1(!!!) attack! How will assaults go better? I even get more haywire attacks!

Grimm_R'Hun
Slave

PostSubject: Re: 1500PT DEldar Beatdown???   1500PT DEldar Beatdown??? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 25 2013, 21:34

Sorry for the late reply. Work has been keeping me away from home. Arrived back in front of my codex and did a little adjusting without changing the concept of my list.

HQ - 255PTS
Archon
w/ Combat Drugs, Haywire Grenades, Huskblade, Phantasm Grenade Launcher, Shadow field, Soul-trap, Venom Blade - 180PTS

Succubus
w/ Venom Blade, Haywire Grenades - 75PTS

Elites - 178PTS
3 Incubi, 1 Klavex
in Venom with Nightshields, Splinter Cannon - 178PTS

Troops - 478PTS
(x2) 5 Kabalite Warriors
w/ Blaster in Venom with Nightshields, Splinter Cannon - 135PTS Each

8 Wyches, 1 Hekatrix
w/ Haywire Grenades, Venom Blade, Phantasm Grenade Launcher in Raider with Nightshields, Enhanced Aethersails - 208PTS

Fast Attack - 244PTS
9 Reaver Jetbikes
w/ Arena Champion, Heat Lances - 244PTS

Heavy Support - 345PTS
(x3) Ravager
w/ Nightshields - 115PTS Each

Total Army - 1500PTS

This list is with the idea that I need a third troop choice. If not I could always drop a warrior squad, drop a single wych, and fit in another 6 Reaver Jetbikes. Its not like I need to do that, but it just shows room for the ability to drop a warrior squad and be able to slide something else in there.

As far as Heat Lance to Blaster - I love getting jetbikes (Deffkoptas are what im used to) in the face of opponents armor wether they live or die, they will take fire away from more important units (this is hopefully after they take out that land raider) and hopefully force my opponent to make a move he didn't originally tend for. Plus, it feels like I have the luck of roadkill when it comes to dice rolls. So the more rolls for armor pen the better imho.

Thanks again for the input, hope to hear more soon.

Hellion
Sulphunet

PostSubject: Re: 1500PT DEldar Beatdown???   1500PT DEldar Beatdown??? I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 26 2013, 03:06

That is one expensive Archon, really expensive actually. When he gets to 160pts, most people say that's a lot. I can see why you gave him all of that though, except for the Huskblade AND Venom Blade. Seems a little redundant to me.

You may want to consider 3 Disintegrator Cannons on one of those Ravagers. I find they really help, and I only run two Ravagers. You'll be happy to have them if you see a lot of Terminators.

Why do we ride atop these elegant craft? The better to hear the screams of our prey as we ride them down, to savour the fear etched on their faces, to taste the tantalising tang of their blood in the air as an appetiser before the feast. But most of all we ride them so that the slaughter may begin as soon as possible.
Back to top Go down
Massaen
Klaivex
Massaen

PostSubject: Re: 1500PT DEldar Beatdown???   1500PT DEldar Beatdown??? I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 26 2013, 03:22

The VB lets him eat low save GEQ type targets while the husk blade kills tough stuff or 2+ saves

It just allows him to fight and win against just about any target with ease

Sulphunet
Hellion
Sulphunet

PostSubject: Re: 1500PT DEldar Beatdown???   1500PT DEldar Beatdown??? I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 26 2013, 04:42

Well for an extra 5pts, not a bad idea. It is a cheap way to make him extremely useful.

Back to top Go down
Grimm_R'Hun
Slave

PostSubject: Re: 1500PT DEldar Beatdown???   1500PT DEldar Beatdown??? I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 26 2013, 13:54

The Archon is a lot of points but as Massaen said, he becomes a multi target threat.

As far as the Disintegrator Cannons - I'd just be more worried about losing the three Dark Lances against heavy vehicle armies such as the Blood Angels and Orcs I play against. For the Termies, I love my reavers to pick em off and use my assault move if vehicles are no longer a threat. Plus I can turn my ravagers against them if I have no targets for them. The wyches can be used as a tar pit. Haent faced a heavy terminator army like the dark angels, so only time will tell.

Thank you again for the replies.

PostSubject: Re: 1500PT DEldar Beatdown???   1500PT DEldar Beatdown??? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1500PT DEldar Beatdown???
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Army Lists
-
Jump to: