THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityRegisterLog in

1750 all commers list

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Niiai
Hellion

1750 all commers list Empty
PostSubject: 1750 all commers list   1750 all commers list I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 11 2013, 13:29

Here is a rough estemate of a 1750 all commers list. Some of the points might be a bit off.

Howerver, I do think I am having way to many points in one bascet at the moment. I am considering shortening down on the beast pack and the razorwing to get more stuff on the board. I have a 3 unit of reavers with a meltalance I would like to add and I have a nicely painted bastion with a lasscannon. Also, a war walker would not be to bad. (I could buy and build one.) Sugestions would be appreaciated:

Roughly estemate for a 1750 all commers list:

Baron Satonyx 105

4 Blasterborn
Venom, Venom Cannon 177
4 Blasterborn
Venom, Venom Cannon 177

5 Kabalite Warriors, Blaster
Venom, Venom Cannon 125
10 Kabalite Warriors, Venom Cannon
Raider, Splinter Rack 175

5 Beastmasters, 15 Khymera, 4 Razorwing Flocks 300

Ravager 105
Ravager 105
Razorwing jetfighter, Venom Cannon, Flickerfield 165

Allies:
Farseer 140 Jetbike Bike, Rune of witnessing, rune of warding, one psykick power 140
3 Eldar Bikes, Shuriken Cannon 76
5 Rangers 95

Back to top Go down
Niiai
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: 1750 all commers list   1750 all commers list I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 11 2013, 22:29

OK, I have a new updated a rightly priced version of the list:

I have 30 points left. 10 more if I am going to ditch the sprinter rack (it always explode very fast). I also think my beastpack unit is too big as this is where both independent characters go. I would like to add something more but I do not know what. Another war walker perhaps? For the sake of good sportsmanship I do not want to add another ravager. It is quite booring to meat. 4 Scooring units. To little and to small?

Baron Satonyx 105 105

4 Kabalite Trueborn, 4 Blasters
Venom, Venom Cannon 173

4 Kabalite Trueborn, 4 Blasters
Venom, Venom Cannon 173

5 Kabalite Warriors 45

10 Kabalite Warriors, Venom Cannon
Raider, Splinter Rack 180

5 Beastmasters, 15 Khymera, 4 Razorwing Flocks 300
3 Reavers, Heat Lance 78

Ravager 105
Ravager 105

Detachments:
Bastion, Icarus Lascannon 110

Allies:
Farseer Jetbike Bike, Rune of witnessing, rune of warding, Mind War 130
3 Eldar Jet Bikes, 66
5 Rangers 95
War Walker, Scatter Laser, Eldar Missile Launcher 65

Back to top Go down
Dogmar
Sybarite
Dogmar

PostSubject: Re: 1750 all commers list   1750 all commers list I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 11 2013, 22:52

Hey Niiai,

I like the general idea of the list. It has something of everything. Strong anti tank, some anti flyer, some harrassment and an assault element in form of the beasts.

However, you're severely lacking troop choices - and by severely I mean you really need "moar" troops.

As it stands now you have 1 full unit of kabalites and an almost suicidal 5 man squad on foot. Even if you factor in allies, 3 guardian jetbikes hardly add a lot of survivability to your troops section. Since 5/6 games are about objectives you want more units to be able to hold them. Mind you, I'm not saying you should try to make your troops durable by any means and just sit on the objective all game, but when the end of the game draws near you have to have some units that can go out there and claim them. Doing so you have to factor in our fragility and that some or even most of your troops are going to die before that point. Hence you need more.

I'd try to take out the reavers since 3 aren't going to do much other than annoy your opponent anyway, then trim a beast master and 5 khymerae from your beast unit and take out the rangers. If that is not enough to net you at least another unit of 5 kabalites with blaster in a double cannon venom get rid of 1 trueborn each. Also get those 5 warriors already in the list a blaster and a double cannon venom. This makes your troops more mobile and adds anti infantry firepower.

Seeing that you might want to stick those 5 warriors in the bastion for the icarus, well even in a bastion those 5 warriors are not too survivable and that 1 shot of the icarus won't do much against flyer spam at 1750 so I'd get rid of it as well unless you have a sweet model for it and really want to keep it. That would net you another troop choice to claim objectives.

Wow, that post got longer than expected. Don't think your list was inherently bad, it absolutely wasn't, I just felt it necessary to elaborate why I'd make certain changes to it.

Hope this helps,

Cheers
Back to top Go down
Niiai
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: 1750 all commers list   1750 all commers list I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 11 2013, 23:08

Yes thank you. :-)

I am a dysletctic so that puts the roar on moar. ;-) I would like to point out that the rangers are troops as well, although a very little mobile one. It goes against the creed of the dark eldar. I have a basion with some sweet battle damadge on it, so I want to keep it. Also, the reavers are the only unit that is 100% painted so they are in.

What I am considering could be trimming blaster born. I could grab 27 per head and then take some khymeras.

The way this list will play is to use superior firepower to take out his long ranged weapons and then "dance" him after that. He needs to deal with that beastpack fast as well also.

For scoring I will put the eldar jetbikes in reserves and they will som onto the table and claim objectives. I will try to put the rangers on another objective and hope they will be allowed to sit there. If I am allowed to place objectives myself I will put one in front of the door to the bastion. Last turn the small cabalite warriors will walk down an claim an objective. The once in the boat hopefully will survive.

I can drop 2 blasterborn, the splinter rack, one beastmaster and khymera to grab a venom with 5 warriors with a blaster in. But then I am trimming the beastpack slimmer then I would like. I gain a venom though.
Back to top Go down
Dogmar
Sybarite
Dogmar

PostSubject: Re: 1750 all commers list   1750 all commers list I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 12 2013, 15:03

Just a quick idea. If you want to get most of your bastion, give it a quadgun and put some dark reapers with exarch inside. These guys make the quadgun brutal.

Other than that, well yeah, if you like the units, play them. You might want to invest in another 3 Reavers one day, as they tend to work better in units of 6 or 9.
Back to top Go down
Niiai
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: 1750 all commers list   1750 all commers list I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 12 2013, 21:34

I have another 3 reavers, but seing as I gave it a heatlance I consider it somewhat of a sueside unit. 9" range vs 18. :-/

I like to see some heatlance action that is all. I would love to field some dark reapers but the war walker is assembeled and halfway painted. I know a lott of people use the elite fire dragons behind an aegis gunline though.
Back to top Go down
Niiai
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: 1750 all commers list   1750 all commers list I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 13 2013, 18:39

*bump* Any other comments anyone? :-) To few scoring units?
Back to top Go down
sgb69
Kabalite Warrior
sgb69

PostSubject: Re: 1750 all commers list   1750 all commers list I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 14 2013, 02:27

You can save some points and make the beast unit killier by trading out 5 to 10 of those Khymera for 2 to 4 more Razorwing Flocks. This would save you 30 to 60 points.

I think you could get away with these 4 scoring units, so long as you're excessively careful about it.

Usually with Warwalkers people like to give them just Scatter Lasers or just Shuriken Cannons.

Hellion

PostSubject: Re: 1750 all commers list   1750 all commers list I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 14 2013, 12:47

The shuriker cannon has sutch a short range. I can do double scatterlaser but only one came in the pack. :-/
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1750 all commers list   1750 all commers list I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1750 all commers list
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Army Lists
-