THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityRegisterLog in

Variable sized blast

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Aschen
Sybarite
Aschen

Variable sized blast Empty
PostSubject: Variable sized blast   Variable sized blast I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 06 2013, 06:11

I have the corsairs army book... Not sure whether this is a rules question for this forum, or something for the mercenaries page

But in the Corsairs book, the Sonic Torpedo's type is D6+6" blast. How exactly do you measure this?

And on a side note, is a 5" blast the large blast?
Back to top Go down
tlronin
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Variable sized blast   Variable sized blast I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 06 2013, 07:31

"And on a side note, is a 5" blast the large blast?"

Not to be annoying or anything, but haven't you ever measured the diameter of the large blast? I did, when I saw this in the FW book and discovered that indeed the large blast is 5". So... yes.

"Sonic Torpedo's type is D6+6" blast. How exactly do you measure this?"

6" + D6" is the diameter again. So I guess the easiest way would be to play the large blastmarker as normal and then get your measuring tape and try to work out how many models are under the additional inches.

Last edited by tlronin on Wed Mar 06 2013, 08:00; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Crazy_Ivan
Wych
Crazy_Ivan

PostSubject: Re: Variable sized blast   Variable sized blast I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 06 2013, 07:34

Make some cardboard circles in all the sizes you may need.
Back to top Go down
tlronin
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Variable sized blast   Variable sized blast I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 06 2013, 07:50

Yeah, I was thinking he could make a 12" transparant blastmarker with markings on it per inch or something.

Crazy_Ivan
Wych
Crazy_Ivan

PostSubject: Re: Variable sized blast   Variable sized blast I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 06 2013, 07:57

Would be quite easy to get some clear Perspex from a local hardware store
Back to top Go down
Shadows Revenge
Hierarch of Tactica
Shadows Revenge

PostSubject: Re: Variable sized blast   Variable sized blast I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 06 2013, 14:01

or you just play like how it says.

so place a marker (a dice works nicely) and roll for scatter. Once it is placed, set it, and then roll the extra D6. figure out the distance (7~12") and then pull out your tape measure and measure in a circle around to see how many you hit. Its not that difficult guys, and its used in other codex's (like the deathstrike missile from guard)

Current List:
First 2k GSC List
Back to top Go down
Kinnay
Wych
Kinnay

PostSubject: Re: Variable sized blast   Variable sized blast I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 06 2013, 14:07

Shadow has it right, there isn't a need for producing new markers just for that, really.

tlronin
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Variable sized blast   Variable sized blast I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 06 2013, 14:23

What the... Could you 2 (Shadows Revenge + Kinnay) read before commenting please.

I said in my 1st response:
Quote :
6" + D6" is the diameter again. So I guess the easiest way would be to play the large blastmarker as normal and then get your measuring tape and try to work out how many models are under the additional inches.

I said the same as Shadows Revenge, so indeed it's 'not that difficult'. We never said it was... My solution is even more simple, you don't use the dice as a marker, but your large blastmarker. Saves some trouble.

Crazy Ivan and I were just passing some idea's. Our idea's make it easier than doing it with the tape measure, can't deny that...

Kinnay
Wych
Kinnay

PostSubject: Re: Variable sized blast   Variable sized blast I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 06 2013, 16:37

Oh I've read your posts, don't worry. Smile

I was just saying that I don't think it'd be easier to make blast markers "in all the sizes you may need", rather than just using the tape measure. And your idea with the large blast marker is good, but I imagine it to be cumbersome to actually do. You'd be holding the marker in one hand, the tape measure in the other, while trying not to move at all so you and your opponent can figure out which models are inside the blast radius. Your marker and tape measure would be overlapping and seperating all the time, as well as moving awa from the impact point, as you wouldn't have a way of stabilising your hands on the table.

Don't you think the tape measure method would be easier, as you'd just press the 0" part to the ground were it scattered to and extend the tape to the desired distance? There wouldn't be an doubts in what's affected and what not, either!

tlronin
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Variable sized blast   Variable sized blast I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 06 2013, 16:59

no, cause my opponent always helps me.

Kinnay
Wych
Kinnay

PostSubject: Re: Variable sized blast   Variable sized blast I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 06 2013, 17:06

Fair enough, then it seems to be a good alternative. If this is what works best for you, then great! No one said all of us have to do it the same way. Wink

tlronin
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Variable sized blast   Variable sized blast I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 06 2013, 17:12

me neither, thats why ur reactions suprised me.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Variable sized blast   Variable sized blast I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Variable sized blast
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Rules: Queries & Questions
-
Jump to: