THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityRegisterLog in

Specialized 1750

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Tony Spectacular
Kabalite Warrior
Tony Spectacular

Specialized 1750 Empty
PostSubject: Specialized 1750   Specialized 1750 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 28 2013, 22:16

So my flgs runs monthly tournaments, usually with some manner of twist. Here are the rules for March:

Round 1
Mission: the Emperor’s Will (pg. 130)
Deployment: Hammer and Anvil (pg. 119)
Bonus Points: 1 bonus point if you have more units on each half of the table than your opponent at the end of the game (dedicated transports and independent characters count separately), 1 bonus point if your opponent has no HQs on the table at the end of the game.

Round 2
Mission: Purge the Alien (pg. 127)
Deployment: Vanguard Strike (pg. 119)
Bonus Points: 1 bonus point if you have at least one unit within 12” of each of the two table corners that are not part of either deployment zone at the end of the game, 1 bonus point if your warlord is still on the table at the end of the game.

Round 3
Mission: Big Guns Never Tire (pg. 128) with a fixed 4 Primary Objectives
Deployment: Dawn of War (pg. 119)
Bonus Points: 1 bonus point if you get Victory Points for Slay the Warlord, First Blood, AND Linebreaker, 1 bonus point if your opponent has fewer than half of his or her starting number of units on the table at the end of the game (dedicated transports and independent characters count separately).

Given that information, here's what I'm thinking I'll run (all Venoms have the 2nd cannon):

Succubus
Agonizer, HWG

Haem
Liquifier, VB

4x Blasterborn
Venom

3x 5x Warriors
Blaster, Venom

8x Wyches
HWG, Hek (Agonizer, PGL)
Raider
Trophies

2x 9x Reavers
Champ, VB
3 blasters

2x Ravagers
NS

Talos
TL Liquifier

TheTalos sticks out like a sore thumb, but since I know already that one round is Big Guns, I figure that he can be an extra strong objective holder, and will at least draw fire in the other missions. I would never normally take only 4 troop choices in 1750, but they only really matter in the 3rd round, in which case I have 7 objective holding units. I'm debating dropping the Agonizer on the Hekatrix down to a VB and running 3 groups of 6 Reavers instead of 2 groups of 9, in which case I'll probably run one with HLs. I know that running only 6 makes them more fragile, but since endgame unit placement is significant in all 3 missions, I feel like I might be better served with the extra unit.

My local meta is very varied. I know I'll be facing Necrons, DA, Chaos, Daemons, and Nids, and the rest of the armies could be anything, really. Besides, I'll tailor a list to an event, but not to an opposing army.
Back to top Go down
Mushkilla
Arena Champion
Mushkilla

Specialized 1750 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Specialized 1750   Specialized 1750 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 01 2013, 07:12

If you do end up going for units of 6 reavers, save some points and drop the champions.

“Even the Black Buzzards thought highly of him, and those maniacs were renowned for hating everyone.” - Tantalus, by Braden Campbell
Back to top Go down
Tony Spectacular
Kabalite Warrior
Tony Spectacular

Specialized 1750 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Specialized 1750   Specialized 1750 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 01 2013, 14:21

Keeping the units on the table is important to me, so I think I'll keep the Champs, but I might drop their VBs, as putting them in combat would be exactly the opposite of what I want.

If you had a few extra points, what would you add to this list?

Specialized 1750 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Specialized 1750   Specialized 1750 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Specialized 1750
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Army Lists
-
Jump to: