THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityRegisterLog in

My 1850 Tournament list

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Nighthawk
Hellion

My 1850 Tournament list Empty
PostSubject: My 1850 Tournament list   My 1850 Tournament list I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 28 2013, 15:39

I have an 1850 tournament on March 2nd. The last time I was at a tournament at this shop, there was a max-starcannon Eldar army, an Orc gun-line army, a bunch of drop-pod marine lists, and then a smattering of other marines. I was GK last time and didn't do so well (my list had its own problems). This time I'm planning on bringing DE, as they tend to do well against MEQ-heavy metas. Let me know what you think, this is my "standard" 1850 list.

HQ
Baron
Haemonculi (Liquifier, Venom blade)
Haemonculi (Liquifier, venom blade)

Elite
4x Trueborn (4x Blaster, 4x Haywire), Venom (2x Splinter Cannons, Flickerfield, Night Shields)

Troop
10x Hellions (Hellarch w/ Stunclaw)
9x Wracks (Acothyst w/ Mindphase Gauntlet, 1x Liquifier Gun), Raider (Dark Lance, Night Shields)
9x Wracks (Acothyst w/ Mindphase Gauntlet, 1x Liquifier Gun), Raider (Dark Lance, Night Shields)
10x Warriors (Splinter Cannon, Blaster), Raider (Dark Lance, Night Shields, Splinter Racks)
10x Warriors (Splinter Cannon, Blaster), Raider (Dark Lance, Night Shields, Splinter Racks)

Fast Attack
9x Reaver Jetbikes (Arena Champion w/ Venom Blade, 3x Heat Lance)

Heavy Support
Ravager (3x Dark Lance, Night Shields)
Ravager (3x Dark Lance, Night Shields)
Back to top Go down
sgb69
Kabalite Warrior
sgb69

PostSubject: Re: My 1850 Tournament list   My 1850 Tournament list I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04 2013, 01:19

How did the tournament go?

Hellion

PostSubject: Re: My 1850 Tournament list   My 1850 Tournament list I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04 2013, 16:42

I got 3 wins and could have won, but then weirdness happened.

The tournament organizer, unbeknownst to anybody, was giving 5 points for wins, 1 point for a loss (dunno how many for a tie). Also he had people score their opponent 0-5 points each round on sportsmanship. That score was added to the battle points for each round, meaning sportsmanship was nearly 50% of the total point value for the tournament (I think painting was 0-5 points total).

Anyway, my last game was against a Necron list with 3 units of Wraiths and 3 Night Scythes. The player was from out of town. The mission was Emperor's Will with Vanguard deployment. I was very careful to keep my raiders out of his 24" range guns, blew up his 3 barges on turn 1 with only 5 dark lance shots, and eventually won 4-3 with each of us having our own objective and I with first blood. That's when it got weird and he started accusing me of not knowing my codex, having to look up too many things, and stalling the game. The only thing I had to look up was the strength bonus for Hellions/Baron on the charge - they usually end up shooting and not much assaulting. Anyway, we turn in our forms and he ended up giving me a 0 for sportsmanship. I ended up 4 points behind the 1st place person, meaning if my last opponent had given me a 5 sportsmanship (like my other 2 opponents who had no problems with the speed I played) I would have won. Incidentally, 2nd and 3rd places were 2 and 1 points ahead of me also. So, screwed out of first place (and $40 of store credit) by a sore loser.

The Tournament Organizer and I had a chat after the tournament and he apologized and said they'd never had somebody act like that before and we talked about ways to keep sportsmanship important but to limit the affect somebody like that can have on the overall results in the future.
Back to top Go down
Axel115
Hellion
Axel115

PostSubject: Re: My 1850 Tournament list   My 1850 Tournament list I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04 2013, 17:24

Wow! i can't put into words on how that makes me feel...
Back to top Go down
Nighthawk
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: My 1850 Tournament list   My 1850 Tournament list I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04 2013, 18:11

I did. After I saw him give me the zero I told him I thought he was being an ass and a sore loser.
Back to top Go down
sgb69
Kabalite Warrior
sgb69

PostSubject: Re: My 1850 Tournament list   My 1850 Tournament list I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04 2013, 20:24

Well, I'm glad that you did well.

Did the mindphase gauntlets ever become relevant? That's kind of an uncommon selection.

My store generally scores victory points for 1/3rd of the prize pool, painting for 1/3rd of the prize pool, and sportsmanship for 1/3rd (best rated with the tiebreaker being lowest place at the tournament).

Hellion

PostSubject: Re: My 1850 Tournament list   My 1850 Tournament list I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04 2013, 20:44

Mindphase gauntlets helped a lot in game 2. I had a Wrack squad locked in combat with a shot-up unit of choppas. He had his warboss with a power claw in that unit. I challenged with my unit champion with the mindphase gauntlet and he rolled a 5 on his strength test 2 rounds in a row. That kept his unit's damage to a minimum for an entire game turn, which kept his unit from wiping out my Wracks, which kept the choppas away from an objective. That pretty much won the game for me.

Also, as they do not replace a poisoned weapon in order to take the gauntlet, you can choose to use the gauntlet or the 2 poisoned weapons.

Although now that I'm reading it more closely it only works on IC's and MC's, not unit champions. It's never come up since I started taking them, but part of the reason I had it was for Space Marines with a power fist or thunder hammer, so maybe I might look at something else. Smile
Back to top Go down
Shadows Revenge
Hierarch of Tactica
Shadows Revenge

PostSubject: Re: My 1850 Tournament list   My 1850 Tournament list I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05 2013, 14:44

Ive had that happened to me as well, sadly the guy accused me for slowing the game down because I kept questioning him on his army... and he was the one that was wrong everytime...

Glad to hear you did well though. Keep it up and just keep tweaking your list to your playstyle.

Current List:
First 2k GSC List
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My 1850 Tournament list   My 1850 Tournament list I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My 1850 Tournament list
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Army Lists
-
Jump to: