HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityRegisterLog in

Commision Angron - Now with finished pics!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Massaen
Klaivex
Massaen

Commision Angron - Now with finished pics! Empty
PostSubject: Commision Angron - Now with finished pics!   Commision Angron - Now with finished pics! I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 24 2013, 13:03

Ok, no WIP for the most part but here it is.

About 2 weeks ago i was supplied this model assembled and undercoated for painting... and while the assembly could have been better (mould lines still on the model) the client wanted me to just paint it... and so i have.

The Base...

Commision Angron - Now with finished pics! CompletedBase

Commision Angron - Now with finished pics! DisplayBase

Commision Angron - Now with finished pics! MainBase

No transfers on the marines (i don't have any for the ultramarines!) but otherwise its done.

Angron...

Commision Angron - Now with finished pics! Angron2

Commision Angron - Now with finished pics! Angron1

Commision Angron - Now with finished pics! Cape

I need to finish the blood effects on the axes but otherwise he is done...

Feedback welcome Cool

Last edited by Massaen on Mon Feb 25 2013, 12:11; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://objectivesecured.com.au/
Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

PostSubject: Re: Commision Angron - Now with finished pics!   Commision Angron - Now with finished pics! I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 24 2013, 18:39

I have no interest in this new HH series myself, but they are absolutely beautiful models and you have certainly done this one justice Massaen. The colours, the degree of weathering, edging, it all looks fine to me. You could, perhaps, introduce a little bit more colour to the base with a simple blood spatter or two, or a spatter and some blood from the fallen Beakie leaking on to the ground next to him, a trail to where he finished up?

Or add some heavily weathered and faded colours to some of the metal scraps lying around? But these are just suggestions.

I never get why people don't pay more attention to mold lines, such a quick and easy fix that completely ruins the look and feel of a model if left untouched. It's OK if you are a spray'n'play type hobbyist, but if you are actually putting any decent effort into them, then it costs you nothing to do this. Same with drilling yer barrels.

Well done mate, and thanks for sharing.

Last edited by Gobsmakked on Mon Feb 25 2013, 01:18; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Massaen
Klaivex
Massaen

PostSubject: Re: Commision Angron - Now with finished pics!   Commision Angron - Now with finished pics! I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 25 2013, 00:15

I agree with your suggestions re the base gobsmakked but thought I would wait until the big guy were on the base to see what it looked like. I agree its lacking something but until I can be sure it won't detract from angron....

I agree on the mould lines and barrel drilling!!! It's a pet hate of mine and this was agony for me to not go back and prep it properly. That said, it was supplied so all I had to do was paint it and for the charge I agreed on, painting it was the only request

Massaen
Klaivex
Massaen

PostSubject: Re: Commision Angron - Now with finished pics!   Commision Angron - Now with finished pics! I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 25 2013, 12:07

Here he is - finished!

Commision Angron - Now with finished pics! Complete2

Commision Angron - Now with finished pics! Complete1

Commision Angron - Now with finished pics! Complete3

Commision Angron - Now with finished pics! Complete4

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Commision Angron - Now with finished pics!   Commision Angron - Now with finished pics! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Commision Angron - Now with finished pics!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

LOW COMMORRAGH - THE WORKSHOPS

:: Distractions
-
Jump to: