THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityRegisterLog in

1500 Pts. Dark Eldar.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Irakunar Thrax
Kabalite Warrior

1500 Pts. Dark Eldar.  Empty
PostSubject: 1500 Pts. Dark Eldar.    1500 Pts. Dark Eldar.  I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 24 2013, 00:36

Allright, i posted a similar list to this earlier this year and i went to the workbench for trimming and shaving of points here and there,
this is what i came up with in the end. It has seen some changes all over in general.

Let me just say in advance, there are no Ravagers, and i don't want to field them however good they are Razz

HQ:
Baron Sathonyx 105 Pts.
Archon w/ Phantasm Grenade Launcher, Venom Blade 90 Pts.

Troops:
Kabalite Warriors(10) w/ Splinter Cannon, Raider(DC) + NS+SR 180 Pts.
Kabalite Warriors(10) w/ Splinter Cannon, Raider(DC) + NS+SR 180 Pts.
Wyches(5) w/ 5x Haywire Grenades, Venom + SC 125 Pts.
Wyches(5) w/ 5x Haywire Grenades, Venom + SC 125 Pts.

Elites:
Grotesques(5) w/ Liquifier Gun, Aberration, Flesh Gauntlet 215 Pts.
Kabalite Trueborn(3) w/ 3x Blasters, Venom + SC 146 Pts.

Fast Attack:
Beastmasters(3) w/ 5 Khymera, 5 Khymera, 2 Razorwing Flocks 186 Pts.

Heavy Support:
Voidraven Bomber 145 Pts.

Total: 1497 Pts.

I am quite torn between having the Archon or changing him out with an Haemonculus to attach to the grotesques.

The reason why i have Disintegrators on my Raiders is because i have a meta that contains quite a deal of MEQ armies.

I guess the Grotesques could easily be changed out with incubi and use some leftover points to beef up an archon to suit the role as a killy character to put with them.

I'm kind of stuck between those at least. critique of any kind is very appreciated Smile

Back to top Go down
mug7703
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: 1500 Pts. Dark Eldar.    1500 Pts. Dark Eldar.  I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 24 2013, 02:58

I'm not sure of the function of your Archon, Who does he go with? You probably don't need a second major HQ choice at this many points. The Baron will more than suffice. Also I think the Grots need a Raider if they're not being joined by a Haemon. If they are you should get them a raider and drop them to 4.

I'd get some more Heavy Support as well. Maybe some Ravagers. Certainly take Ravagers before taking Blasterborn. Ravagers do the same job at longer range for less points.
Back to top Go down
http://www.trevelyanharper.co.uk
Leobruno
Slave

PostSubject: Re: 1500 Pts. Dark Eldar.    1500 Pts. Dark Eldar.  I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 24 2013, 09:26

[Let me just say in advance, there are no Ravagers, and i don't want to field them however good they are ]

Cool. However, what do you use to replace them? In your list it looks like you are just giving your opponent the first strike. In a list without ravagers I would use lanceborn to give me some first turn AV bite. Scrouges could help too with haywire to finish off wounded armor or blasters with 30in effective (expensive) range.

[I am quite torn between having the Archon or changing him out with an Haemonculus to attach to the grotesques.]

I like the Archon for the PGL but there could be some fun builds for the haemy (dark portal delivery system would be kinda funny) Is 5 Grots on foot durable enough to make it to the fight? (haven't used them yet but kinda want to)
Back to top Go down
Irakunar Thrax
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: 1500 Pts. Dark Eldar.    1500 Pts. Dark Eldar.  I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 24 2013, 13:34

@mug: The grotesques need an HQ to babysit them or else they go yeti hunting or something like that.

Phantasm grenade launcher is for giving grenades to the entire squad.

@Leobruno: Thing is, i can't really find anything to replace the ravagers entirely, but i don't really like ravagers as a model.kind of funny since i love Raider gunboats.

i haven't tried using grots before, but i think the optimal number of grotesques would be 8 for slogging over the table... with a little shaving here and there, i could fit in a raider for them and only have them at 4, it would still be a decent unit.

Back to top Go down
mug7703
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: 1500 Pts. Dark Eldar.    1500 Pts. Dark Eldar.  I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 03 2013, 20:22

You have three spare points so give the Trueborn plasma grenades. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.trevelyanharper.co.uk
Irakunar Thrax
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: 1500 Pts. Dark Eldar.    1500 Pts. Dark Eldar.  I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 03 2013, 21:21

hehe, why the heck not Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1500 Pts. Dark Eldar.    1500 Pts. Dark Eldar.  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1500 Pts. Dark Eldar.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Army Lists
-
Jump to: