THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityRegisterLog in

2000 point Wrack Canivale.

Go down 
+6
Kinnay
zergavas
Mushkilla
SleepyPillow
Evil Space Elves
Cavash
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Cavash
Lord of the Chat
Cavash

2000 point Wrack Canivale.  Empty
PostSubject: 2000 point Wrack Canivale.    2000 point Wrack Canivale.  I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 21 2013, 08:08

Thoughts on this list would be greatly appreciated. I just wanted to see how many Liquifier Guns I could pack into one army as I could, so I've done just that! And yes, I know, Mandrakes. I had some points left so I decided to spend them pointlessly. XD
I think the point behind them was let the infiltrate in and try to do something while everything else gets in place to start doing real damage.

Wrack Carnivale.

3 Haemies.
3 Venom Blades.
2 Liquifier Guns.
Acothyst.
Agoniser.
6Wracks .
Liquifier Gun.
Raider. 355

3 Haemies.
3 Venom Blades.
2 Liquifier Guns.
Acothyst.
Agoniser.
5Wracks .
Liquifier Gun.
Raider. 355

Duke Sliscus .
4 Kabalite Trueborn .
2 Splinter Cannons.
2 Shardcarbines.
Venom.
Extra Cannon. 275

7 Mandrakes. 105

7 Mandrakes 105

5 Wracks.
Liquifier.
Venom.
Extra SC. 115

5 Wracks.
Liquifier.
Venom.
Extra SC. 115

5 Wracks.
Liquifier.
Venom.
Extra SC. 115

5 Wracks.
Liquifier.
Venom.
Extra SC. 115

Ravager.
Night Shields. 115

Ravager.
Night Shields. 115

Ravager.
Night Shields. 115

2000 point Wrack Canivale.  YiVCUio
Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: 2000 point Wrack Canivale.    2000 point Wrack Canivale.  I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 21 2013, 08:10

I'm thinking that those Mandrakes could easily be replaced with a couple of Taloi with TL Liquifiers Twisted Evil

My Dark Eldar Project Log
Back to top Go down
Cavash
Lord of the Chat
Cavash

PostSubject: Re: 2000 point Wrack Canivale.    2000 point Wrack Canivale.  I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 21 2013, 08:17

I like that idea very much, ESE.

Wrack Carnivale.

3 Haeimies.
3 Venom Blades.
2 Liquifier Guns.
Acothyst.
Agoniser.
6Wracks .
Liquifier Gun.
Raider. 355

3 Haeimies.
3 Venom Blades.
2 Liquifier Guns.
Acothyst.
Agoniser.
5Wracks .
Liquifier Gun.
Raider. 355

Duke Sliscus .
4 Kabalite Trueborn .
2 Splinter Cannons.
2 Shardcarbines.
Venom.
Extra Cannon. 275

5 Wracks.
Liquifier.
Venom.
Extra SC. 115

5 Wracks.
Liquifier.
Venom.
Extra SC. 115

5 Wracks.
Liquifier.
Venom.
Extra SC. 115

5 Wracks.
Liquifier.
Venom.
Extra SC. 115

Ravager.
Night Shields. 115

Ravager.
Night Shields. 115

Ravager.
Night Shields. 115

Talos Pain Engine.
T.L Liquifier. 105

Talos Pain Engine.
T.L Liquifier. 105

This is how it looks now. Plenty of Marine smashing/dice rolling goodness! Very Happy

Back to top Go down
SleepyPillow
Kabalite Warrior
SleepyPillow

PostSubject: Re: 2000 point Wrack Canivale.    2000 point Wrack Canivale.  I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 21 2013, 08:20

I actually don't know what all the fuss is about with mandrakes. Sure they aren't thaaaaaaaat good but what does that matter, depending on whom you play against. They're all fine n good in a friendly environment were no one brings maxed lists but always some "losers" of their codex.

Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: 2000 point Wrack Canivale.    2000 point Wrack Canivale.  I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 21 2013, 08:21

I'm thinking that you could ditch the Duke and Co. and apply those points to beefing up the Wrack squads, putting them in Raiders, and adding more liquifiers Twisted Evil

Back to top Go down
Cavash
Lord of the Chat
Cavash

PostSubject: Re: 2000 point Wrack Canivale.    2000 point Wrack Canivale.  I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 21 2013, 08:24

Pillow: Well, they haven't served me too badly in the past, but there are better options than Mandrakes, and in this case the Talos seems favourable, just for those Liquififers.
I only play in my kitchen in a friendly environment, so you don't get the kind of jerks that use completely unreasonable lists.

ESE: But I loves my Duke! I take his unit in every list I play, I just find it useful. I will consider it, though.

Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: 2000 point Wrack Canivale.    2000 point Wrack Canivale.  I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 21 2013, 08:46

@Cavash wrote:

ESE: But I loves my Duke! I take his unit in every list I play, I just find it useful. I will consider it, though.
I'm just saying that the Duke doesn't have a liquifier gun. Razz I'm not sure what he brings to this list (aside from style points) aside from giving deep strike to the Wrack Venoms, though I usually take him for the drug re-roll.

Back to top Go down
Cavash
Lord of the Chat
Cavash

PostSubject: Re: 2000 point Wrack Canivale.    2000 point Wrack Canivale.  I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 21 2013, 08:59

But... but the eyeliner!

Now that you've pointed out the drug thing it has made me reconsider. That's what I normally use him for, other than all of those deadly 3+ poisoned shots he gives his squad. I'll write up a version without him, now.

Cheers.

Back to top Go down
Mushkilla
Arena Champion
Mushkilla

PostSubject: Re: 2000 point Wrack Canivale.    2000 point Wrack Canivale.  I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 21 2013, 09:38

I would drop the squad liquifier guns and give them to the haemonculus without a liquifier that way the liquifier will last longer (2+ look out sir and 2W). My experience with liquifiers is you need to get the model to the front to use them, and then the next turn they just get shot, so having a 2+ look out sire on the liquifiers is a big deal in my eyes.

Also why the agonisers? The arcos are better off with cheaper venom blades. If you want a poweer weapon why not give one of the haemies an axe it's only 10pts! And will be wounding guard on 2s and marines on 3s with furious charge, not to mention it's AP2 and the haemies get more attacks. If you want to be really cheaky, you could drop the arcos alltogether and use the points to upgrade one haemi in each squad to a ancient, that gives you WS5 and an extra attack as well as LD9 for the squad, he would be the perfect model for the power axe.

So a quick recap:

1 Ancient, liquifier, power axe
2 haemies, liquifier, venom blade
7 Wracks
Raider

Gives you three liquifiers with 2+ look out sire, LD9, furious charge, fearless and FNP, 5 WS5 S5 AP2 attacks, 8 WS4 2+ poison attacks.

Personally I would run as it;s more pain token efficient:

1 Ancient, liquifier, power axe
1 Haemi, liquifier, venom blade
1 Acothyst, venom blade
7 Wracks , liquifier
Raider

As the acothyst is just as combat effective as a haemi, but cheaper, that being said you lose the look out sir on the third liquifier. Either way the ancient upgrade is well worth the cost, as it gives you LD9 and has the same damage output as two regular haemies with power axes due to the extra attack and WS5. He also gives the squad I5 for sweeping advance,

Hope that helps. Very Happy

“Even the Black Buzzards thought highly of him, and those maniacs were renowned for hating everyone.” - Tantalus, by Braden Campbell
Back to top Go down
Cavash
Lord of the Chat
Cavash

PostSubject: Re: 2000 point Wrack Canivale.    2000 point Wrack Canivale.  I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 21 2013, 12:13

I Can't give the Haemies another Liquifier, Mush. It's arcane Wargear and so it's only two per three Haemies.

I chose the Agonisers because they had Venom Blades but I need something to make it up to 2000 points, and being lazy and wanting to make a list quickly I didn't look around for other options.

I did consider the Ancient upgrade, but I didn't have enough points to upgrade one at the end. I wanted as many Venom BVlades as possible. I also didn't provide Power Weapons because I couldn't find my rulebook and am still stuck knowing 5th ed things. Razz

Thank you for the advice, though. I shall take it all into account and try to work it into my list and see how it does.

Cheers!

Back to top Go down
Mushkilla
Arena Champion
Mushkilla

PostSubject: Re: 2000 point Wrack Canivale.    2000 point Wrack Canivale.  I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 21 2013, 12:35

@Cavash wrote:
I Can't give the Haemies another Liquifier, Mush. It's arcane Wargear and so it's only two per three Haemies.

That's per haemonculus. Not for all three. At least as far as I understand it.

“Even the Black Buzzards thought highly of him, and those maniacs were renowned for hating everyone.” - Tantalus, by Braden Campbell
Back to top Go down
Cavash
Lord of the Chat
Cavash

PostSubject: Re: 2000 point Wrack Canivale.    2000 point Wrack Canivale.  I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 21 2013, 13:04

Oh, I always thought it was per squad. It doesn't say to replace anything with them or that it's per Haemie as it specifies upgrades per number for other units, like 1 heatlance per 3 Reavers, so I thought it was per unit.

Back to top Go down
zergavas
Kabalite Warrior
zergavas

PostSubject: Re: 2000 point Wrack Canivale.    2000 point Wrack Canivale.  I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 21 2013, 14:00

The Haemis dont come as a squad, you can just take three of them as one HQ choise.

Our skimmers are armored with wet cardboard, our men are wrapped in tissue paper armor and most of our ICs and special characters live in abject terror at the thought of a Str 6 weapon that can insta-kill them, We are the Dark Eldar Fear us!
Back to top Go down
Kinnay
Wych
Kinnay

PostSubject: Re: 2000 point Wrack Canivale.    2000 point Wrack Canivale.  I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 21 2013, 14:27

Yes, it is in fact two artifacts per Haemonculus. So you can have a Haemo with Liquifier and Dark Gate, but none with an additional Shattershard and Animus Vitae, even if the points would allow it. Feel free to give all your Haemonculi Liquifiers, though. Smile

Cavash
Lord of the Chat
Cavash

PostSubject: Re: 2000 point Wrack Canivale.    2000 point Wrack Canivale.  I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 21 2013, 15:29

Yes, I know it doesn't mean as squad, I was just refering to the collective three Haemies as a squad.

Ah, wonderful! It seems like I have been cheating myself out of Liquifiers in the past, then! I shall have to rectify this!

Back to top Go down
zergavas
Kabalite Warrior
zergavas

PostSubject: Re: 2000 point Wrack Canivale.    2000 point Wrack Canivale.  I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 21 2013, 15:48

A thousand apologies, i meant not to point out that they weren't a squad. Merely that sense it's not a squad why treat it as such in the options.

Our skimmers are armored with wet cardboard, our men are wrapped in tissue paper armor and most of our ICs and special characters live in abject terror at the thought of a Str 6 weapon that can insta-kill them, We are the Dark Eldar Fear us!
Back to top Go down
Cavash
Lord of the Chat
Cavash

PostSubject: Re: 2000 point Wrack Canivale.    2000 point Wrack Canivale.  I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 21 2013, 15:55

No need to apologise, no offence was taken. Smile

New version of list will be up tomorrow.

Back to top Go down
Irakunar Thrax
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: 2000 point Wrack Canivale.    2000 point Wrack Canivale.  I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 23 2013, 05:34

a cool themed list Smile how hard would it be to make this list WYSIWYG Razz
Back to top Go down
Mngwa
Wych
Mngwa

PostSubject: Re: 2000 point Wrack Canivale.    2000 point Wrack Canivale.  I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 23 2013, 07:18

Thats a lot of wracks and haemonculi Surprised
Would really like to see a BR with this list
Back to top Go down
Cavash
Lord of the Chat
Cavash

PostSubject: Re: 2000 point Wrack Canivale.    2000 point Wrack Canivale.  I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 23 2013, 07:38

I have no idea what WYSIWYG or BR mean. I am not one for acronyms.

Writing up next version of list now, stuff got in the way yesterday.

Edit: New version of list:

Wrack Carnivale.

1 Ancient. (Warlord)
Liquifier Gun.
Venom Blade.
2 Haeimies.
3 Venom Blades.
2 Liquifier Guns.
Acothyst.
Agoniser.
5Wracks .
Liquifier Gun.
Raider. 360

1 Ancient.
Liquifier Gun.
Venom Blade.
2 Haeimies.
3 Venom Blades.
2 Liquifier Guns.
Acothyst.
Agoniser.
5Wracks .
Liquifier Gun.
Raider. 360

Haemie
Liquifier Gun.
4 Grots.
Raider 260

5 Wracks.
Liquifier.
Venom.
Extra SC. 115

5 Wracks.
Liquifier.
Venom.
Extra SC. 115

5 Wracks.
Liquifier.
Venom.
Extra SC. 115

5 Wracks.
Liquifier.
Venom.
Extra SC. 115

Ravager.
Night Shields. 115

Ravager.
Night Shields. 115

Ravager.
Night Shields. 115

Talos Pain Engine.
T.L Liquifier. 105

Talos Pain Engine.
T.L Liquifier. 105

Last edited by Cavash on Sat Feb 23 2013, 07:49; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kinnay
Wych
Kinnay

PostSubject: Re: 2000 point Wrack Canivale.    2000 point Wrack Canivale.  I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 23 2013, 07:46

WYSIWYG means "what you see is what you get", meaning little to no "counts-as" in your army.

BR though, I have no idea.

Mngwa
Wych
Mngwa

PostSubject: Re: 2000 point Wrack Canivale.    2000 point Wrack Canivale.  I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 23 2013, 07:49

BR= Battle report. Think I have seen it used here a few times, so I took it up
Back to top Go down
Cavash
Lord of the Chat
Cavash

PostSubject: Re: 2000 point Wrack Canivale.    2000 point Wrack Canivale.  I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 23 2013, 07:51

Ah, I see. Cheers, Kinnay. I doubt I have enough money to get that many Wracks. XD

If I get around to having a game with this (I should, soon) then I'll do a Battle Report for you.

I just edited the new list into my last post before you posted, so feel free to take a look. Smile

Back to top Go down
Irakunar Thrax
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: 2000 point Wrack Canivale.    2000 point Wrack Canivale.  I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 23 2013, 12:39

wysiwyg = what you see is what you get. In other words, how hard would it be to get your hands on that many liquifier guns to put on all of those units.
Back to top Go down
Irakunar Thrax
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: 2000 point Wrack Canivale.    2000 point Wrack Canivale.  I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 23 2013, 12:40

BR, i guess that will mean Battle Report.

Edit: Sorry, didn't see those other posts.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2000 point Wrack Canivale.    2000 point Wrack Canivale.  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2000 point Wrack Canivale.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Army Lists
-
Jump to: