THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityRegisterLog in

The Razorwing - why did I take dark lances?

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Niiai
Hellion

The Razorwing - why did I take dark lances? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Razorwing - why did I take dark lances?   The Razorwing - why did I take dark lances? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 17 2013, 14:37

Missiles are included among the 4. You want the missiles.
Back to top Go down
GorlanVance
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: The Razorwing - why did I take dark lances?   The Razorwing - why did I take dark lances? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 28 2013, 06:59

Are troops disembarked from a vehicle after a shooting attack destroys the transport, or after the model is finished firing all its weapons? If the first instance is correct, could you not launch a pair of missiles at a transport, have your lances resolved first, the troops disembark and are then caught in the blast of your missiles? They would have been centered on the transport of course, but would that work? Or is it the second case that is correct?
Back to top Go down
DominicJ
Wych

PostSubject: Re: The Razorwing - why did I take dark lances?   The Razorwing - why did I take dark lances? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 28 2013, 07:27

In the rules, all hits are resolved before wounds, so when your missiles hits are resolved, the tank as yet to be popped.

Azdrubael
Incubi
Azdrubael

PostSubject: Re: The Razorwing - why did I take dark lances?   The Razorwing - why did I take dark lances? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 28 2013, 08:56

Lets face it, Razorwing is a crap dogfighter. 2 Lances, even at full BS is just 2 lances. They can miss, they can roll bad on damage table. And those same Vendettas will screw it 90% of the time. So, why bother with AA role at all? And its not even with us at turn 1, so AV damage from those lances are not that important.

It is, however, a good infantry killer, why not stick it to its role? It maybe crap dogfighter, but its really good at staying alive to the rest of the game, and at the end of the game there is some things needed to be done like kill those enemy troops, destroy clumped up squad etc. Thats where its good it, and thats well actually the reason to take it at all.

My advice - dont take lances, if you wanna have meaningfull AA take Voidraven. Lance Razorwing is a trap.

Back to top Go down
Vasara
Incognito assault marine
Vasara

PostSubject: Re: The Razorwing - why did I take dark lances?   The Razorwing - why did I take dark lances? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 28 2013, 09:09

What happened to the "take the load out YOUR list needs to be filled" choice?

There is no single best choice here. And that's a good thing. sunny
Back to top Go down
Azdrubael
Incubi
Azdrubael

PostSubject: Re: The Razorwing - why did I take dark lances?   The Razorwing - why did I take dark lances? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 28 2013, 09:12

Thats exactly the point Vasara, Razorwing is not effective nor cost effective in generalist role. Just 2 missiles per turn isnt meaningfull AI, 2 lances is bad AV and AA. Better do one job good, then 2 bad.

You can take it, but it will be handicap for you in points and alternative units that you will not have for your list.

P.S. And did you see the name of new Tau Flyer? Razorshark. )) So much for imagination. I fully expect something like Razorkilla from Orks and Void Serpent from Tyranids.
Back to top Go down
Nomic
Wych
Nomic

PostSubject: Re: The Razorwing - why did I take dark lances?   The Razorwing - why did I take dark lances? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 28 2013, 10:40

Void Serpent sounds more like an Eldar flyer. Considering they already have the Void Dragon battleship and Wave Serpent tank (tho rumour says their flyers will be called Lamia and Moon Siren).

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Razorwing - why did I take dark lances?   The Razorwing - why did I take dark lances? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Razorwing - why did I take dark lances?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Drukhari Tactics
-
Jump to: