THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityRegisterLog in

blending paints on vehicles

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Raoiley
Hellion

blending paints on vehicles Empty
PostSubject: blending paints on vehicles   blending paints on vehicles I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 05 2013, 15:51

i'm a bad painted but I'm working on learning. I've got a scheme of dark purple fading up to bright red. looking for some pointers. I do not have an air brush and dont want to buy one right now. I HAVE procured a GW paint sprayer from a friend to try to get the base purple on smooth and then highlight the rest. blending paints on vehicles Imag0211
Back to top Go down
Lay_Ayanesha
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: blending paints on vehicles   blending paints on vehicles I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 05 2013, 16:46

Oh, it doesn't look bad. I like the the colors.
But I can clearly see four different colors and the edges between them. I would try to wetblend the transition area between two colors. I've never tried it on a vehicle, just on power weapons.
Back to top Go down
Raoiley
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: blending paints on vehicles   blending paints on vehicles I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 05 2013, 22:31

Can you explain wet blending?
Back to top Go down
Lay_Ayanesha
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: blending paints on vehicles   blending paints on vehicles I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 05 2013, 23:17

I learned it with videos on youtube.
here you go:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktOhIu3R_IY
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: blending paints on vehicles   blending paints on vehicles I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

blending paints on vehicles
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

LOW COMMORRAGH - THE WORKSHOPS

:: Painting & Modelling Discussion
-
Jump to: