THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityRegisterLog in

Building themed Haemonculi - feel free to post pics

Go down 
+8
Aroshamash
Local_Ork
Venkh
Fleshmoulder_Greiil
Radium
Foo
Xelkireth
Ciirian
12 posters
AuthorMessage
Ciirian
Sybarite
Ciirian

Building themed Haemonculi - feel free to post pics Empty
PostSubject: Building themed Haemonculi - feel free to post pics   Building themed Haemonculi - feel free to post pics I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 14 2011, 05:14

I mentioned this in another post briefly but thought the question should be brought here.

One of the coolest aspects of the Haemonculi (in my opinion) is the 3 for 1 HQ slot. This gives a person a chance to make multiple unique looking characters. Those characters, especially Haemonculi, can look very varied and personalised with tons of their own wargear.

One of the things that drew me to the Dark Eldar army is that it is almost entirely plastic - which means tons of extra parts for conversions. I like to make my characters and squad leaders look unique. Plan on even giving them names and short backstories if I can develop suitable skills. But it would be for more individuality amongst the army and much more personality.

With all that being said, I wanted to ask what other cool weapon options people liked for their Haemonculus. Now, please take into mind Im not nessicarily asking point cost; I'm asking what do you think works well together and from the descripion in the book would look cool?

The Haemon I posted below came from the idea of me wanting to make a Haemonculi with a strong 'Squid' like look. The characters Doctor Octopus from Spider man and the extremly awesome Octupus lady in Metal Gear Solid 4 are where I got my inspirations for it.
Building themed Haemonculi - feel free to post pics IMG_1971
He does look like a real regular Haemon as well which works pretty cool.

I found this picture on the internet somewhere (Not sure where, sorry for original artist, it is awesome!) Building themed Haemonculi - feel free to post pics Olivierledroit3
It made me want to make a Dark Eldar character, and am thinking of makeing a Haemonculi with spider-like arms coming out of its back. Perhaps the upper ones have sharp blades for stabbing.

Another inspiration for the one in my head ATM is the Spider Transformer "Black Archnia" (think thats her name)
Building themed Haemonculi - feel free to post pics Blackarachnia
Tho I am trying to think of specialized equipment for this one, it may just become WWP, Venomblade, Liquifier

The last one I had thought of inspired me from both the Talos kit and my own "Count as Wracks" in my storyline, (they will be soldiers created for my Archon as a personal order for obediant warriors, aka pure combat "Wracks") I figure one Haemon should resemble this look and my idea is a floating Haemon similiar to a Talos with Scissorhands and a Liquifer Gun looping around like a Scorpion tail. Not sure how the rules work with the Scissorhands tho, so if someone could explain the extra CC detail that would be great.

Anyway, those are my ideas and was wondering if anyone had any others for their own specialized combat Haemon. I figure since they are Independent Characters and add Paintonkens for units, why not have them personalized for the forces their joined. So has anyone else thought along these lines of different combos?
Back to top Go down
Xelkireth
In Exile

PostSubject: Re: Building themed Haemonculi - feel free to post pics   Building themed Haemonculi - feel free to post pics I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 14 2011, 11:13

I want mine to look unique as well. I'm planning to do a conversion on the Finecast haemonculus and the Urien model. I'll never use Urien, so might was use the model, right? As to what I'll do with them, I have no idea yet. I'm torn between the hexrifle and the liquidfier. I'll be scratch building my own hexrifles if I go with them though. We don't need Rambo haemies running around.

Building themed Haemonculi - feel free to post pics RamboWrack
Back to top Go down
Foo
Kabalite Warrior
Foo

PostSubject: Re: Building themed Haemonculi - feel free to post pics   Building themed Haemonculi - feel free to post pics I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 14 2011, 14:51

I wish M-16s had ornate detailing like that. It'd be boss.
Back to top Go down
Radium
Kabalite Warrior
Radium

PostSubject: Re: Building themed Haemonculi - feel free to post pics   Building themed Haemonculi - feel free to post pics I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 14 2011, 15:11

How about that, I actually like the Rambo-styled Hexrifle on the Wrack. They are supposed to be incredibly strong and full of steroids, right?

But given that I don't plan on using Haemonculi for a good while yet, I haven't really given them much thought conversionwise.

My Archon's latest trapped soul: Kairos Fateweaver
Back to top Go down
Fleshmoulder_Greiil
Hellion
Fleshmoulder_Greiil

PostSubject: Re: Building themed Haemonculi - feel free to post pics   Building themed Haemonculi - feel free to post pics I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 14 2011, 15:24

As many of you know, I am a Clive Barker fan, and used Hellraiser as my inspiration for Haemonculi, and my soon to be wracks. This is my two current Haemons, a male and a female. Feel the creative juices flow my friends! Let's make pain and suffering look good!

Building themed Haemonculi - feel free to post pics Haemon10

Building themed Haemonculi - feel free to post pics Haemon11

Building themed Haemonculi - feel free to post pics Haemon12

Building themed Haemonculi - feel free to post pics Haemon13

Kabalite Warrior
Venkh

PostSubject: Re: Building themed Haemonculi - feel free to post pics   Building themed Haemonculi - feel free to post pics I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 14 2011, 22:05

Heres an offering from me. No great greenstuff work just a bundle of bits stuck together.

Any hints or tips gratefully accepted

Building themed Haemonculi - feel free to post pics DSCF2015

Building themed Haemonculi - feel free to post pics DSCF2014

Building themed Haemonculi - feel free to post pics DSCF2007

Building themed Haemonculi - feel free to post pics DSCF2006
Back to top Go down
Local_Ork
Fleshsculptor
Local_Ork

PostSubject: Re: Building themed Haemonculi - feel free to post pics   Building themed Haemonculi - feel free to post pics I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 14 2011, 22:10

Need some sort of backpack (made from one of Talos spare gauntlets?) to ballance whole thing. And maybe GS near waist.

Venkh
Kabalite Warrior
Venkh

PostSubject: Re: Building themed Haemonculi - feel free to post pics   Building themed Haemonculi - feel free to post pics I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 14 2011, 22:24

Good points, ill work on it later in the week.
Back to top Go down
Ciirian
Sybarite
Ciirian

PostSubject: Re: Building themed Haemonculi - feel free to post pics   Building themed Haemonculi - feel free to post pics I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 15 2011, 03:51

I like the floating look. Was thinking of doing it for a Haemon that I wanted to resemble a Talos. What did you use for the torso, I like the look of it.

Here is my new one. She is equiped with WWP, Venomblade and Liquifier. Think I can still keep two swords on the model? I was going to make a wwp hanging at the belt. If I use the two venomblades I was thinking of doubling her as a count-as Duke, being that shes a Spider and makes poisons. Anyway, here she is, curious to thoughts about her.

Building themed Haemonculi - feel free to post pics IMG_8481

Building themed Haemonculi - feel free to post pics IMG_8206

Building themed Haemonculi - feel free to post pics IMG_1388

Building themed Haemonculi - feel free to post pics IMG_0227
Back to top Go down
Venkh
Kabalite Warrior
Venkh

PostSubject: Re: Building themed Haemonculi - feel free to post pics   Building themed Haemonculi - feel free to post pics I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 15 2011, 07:16

Thanks!

The torso is an old dark eldar warrior one.

The nice thing about it is that it has two circular plugs on the back that alomst allow you to attach extra arms without modification.

SpiderHam looks great.

I going to pass on the official Haemo. Converting one just looks so much better.
Back to top Go down
Ciirian
Sybarite
Ciirian

PostSubject: Re: Building themed Haemonculi - feel free to post pics   Building themed Haemonculi - feel free to post pics I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 15 2011, 20:59

I agree, modeling your own Haemo is so much fun and so far all I've seen on here look better then the official one. He looks to be serving hugs instead of death.

I've been doing more GS on my Spider Haemon. Think the sword in each hand is alright, even tho shes equipped with Liquifer, Venomblade, WWP. I made a WWP hanging from her belt and figure the needle-bit could maybe be a liquifier? I wish my greenstuff skills were good enough to make her have tiny mandables.
Back to top Go down
Aroshamash
Sybarite
Aroshamash

PostSubject: Re: Building themed Haemonculi - feel free to post pics   Building themed Haemonculi - feel free to post pics I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 18 2011, 18:54

Since my Coven is the Coven of the Dragon Ascendant, I plan to get a Urien model, remove the legs, and add a Chronos tentacle for a tail, while adding some Scourge bat-wings to the hump instead of some of the arms. Of course, he'll also be equipped with a Liquifier "gun".

Sybarite
Ciirian

PostSubject: Re: Building themed Haemonculi - feel free to post pics   Building themed Haemonculi - feel free to post pics I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 20 2011, 04:02

That Dragon-Haemon sounds awesome. Cant wait to see him.
Back to top Go down
Aroshamash
Sybarite
Aroshamash

PostSubject: Re: Building themed Haemonculi - feel free to post pics   Building themed Haemonculi - feel free to post pics I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 29 2011, 09:29

Ok, I've finally managed to get my hands on a Urien Rakarth model and another box of Scourges (for the wings), but his waist is proving annoying to cut away, as are the last remnants of the legs. Expect a picture in the next few days, hopefully.

Wych
Nomic

PostSubject: Re: Building themed Haemonculi - feel free to post pics   Building themed Haemonculi - feel free to post pics I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 30 2011, 16:46

I'm totally going to steal Venkh's idea and build a Haemie out of spare Talos bits, Wytch torsos I have lying around after I replaced the Venom gunner torsos with Warrior ones and a Chronos tentacle arm. Going to cut the Tentacle off the arm and use it as a lower body/tail, creating a naga/lamia-like look. Altho I still have figure how to make the torso and the lower body join in a way that looks good.

Xelkireth
In Exile

PostSubject: Re: Building themed Haemonculi - feel free to post pics   Building themed Haemonculi - feel free to post pics I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 01 2011, 05:35

@Nomic wrote:
Going to cut the Tentacle off the arm and use it as a lower body/tail, creating a naga/lamia-like look.
This would be an amazing idea. The Naga part. I don't care much for lamia.
Back to top Go down
Local_Ork
Fleshsculptor
Local_Ork

PostSubject: Re: Building themed Haemonculi - feel free to post pics   Building themed Haemonculi - feel free to post pics I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 01 2011, 05:45

Wait, arent they nearly exactly same thing?

Xelkireth
In Exile

PostSubject: Re: Building themed Haemonculi - feel free to post pics   Building themed Haemonculi - feel free to post pics I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 01 2011, 05:59

I Lamia are more centuar-esque, in the degree of four legs (I'm going off of D&D references here). Naga are centuar-esque in the the manner of an animal bottom and a humanoid torso. In my opinion, no. They aren't the same thing.
Back to top Go down
Aroshamash
Sybarite
Aroshamash

PostSubject: Re: Building themed Haemonculi - feel free to post pics   Building themed Haemonculi - feel free to post pics I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 01 2011, 12:47

Well, going by the legend, Lahmia was just a Greek vampire, basically, so I don't think she even looked that different.

Also, we'll have to compare shots of finished models. I'm considering simply cutting the Urien model in half at the waist, to hollow out the cloak, as it's proving damn annoying doing it with him complete...

Wych
Nomic

PostSubject: Re: Building themed Haemonculi - feel free to post pics   Building themed Haemonculi - feel free to post pics I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 01 2011, 16:40

From what I understand, the mythological Nagas were snakes with humanoid heads, and the Lamia closer to the "modern" Naga (reptilian monsters with humanoid torsos and snake tails instead of legs). I'm going for the latter look.

Saintspirit
Court of Cruelty
Saintspirit

PostSubject: Re: Building themed Haemonculi - feel free to post pics   Building themed Haemonculi - feel free to post pics I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 04 2011, 10:31

How would this new guy work:
Building themed Haemonculi - feel free to post pics M1850193a_99070201001_WoCSorcerorLord01_445x319

Painted: 2263pts

shamroll wrote:
Dang! I was hoping Tyranids followed the Pokemon naming idea. A big Carnifex running around just yelling "Carnifex! Carni-Carnifex!" followed by a squad of termagants all saying "Termagant" to each other.
Back to top Go down
speedfreek
Sybarite
speedfreek

PostSubject: Re: Building themed Haemonculi - feel free to post pics   Building themed Haemonculi - feel free to post pics I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 04 2011, 10:38

I was thinking one of the others might work even better.
Building themed Haemonculi - feel free to post pics M1850199a_99070201002_TzeentchSorcerer_873x627

The armour is more like the Dark Eldars and he already has additional limbs.

Hellion
Sedarofe

PostSubject: Re: Building themed Haemonculi - feel free to post pics   Building themed Haemonculi - feel free to post pics I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 04 2011, 11:44

Both work, but you have to get rid of the symbols of chaos to start.Personally i found the empire wizard more viable
Back to top Go down
Nomic
Wych
Nomic

PostSubject: Re: Building themed Haemonculi - feel free to post pics   Building themed Haemonculi - feel free to post pics I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 13 2011, 15:42

Building themed Haemonculi - feel free to post pics Hpim0810

My scratchbuild Haemonculus next to the Finecast one. I tried to sculpt it a coat or a robe, but after spending an hour failing at it I just went for a flesh apron like the one Urien has (I wanted something to cover the seam between the tail and the torso).

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Building themed Haemonculi - feel free to post pics   Building themed Haemonculi - feel free to post pics I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Building themed Haemonculi - feel free to post pics
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

LOW COMMORRAGH - THE WORKSHOPS

:: Painting & Modelling Discussion
-
Jump to: