THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.



 
HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityRegisterLog in

 

 Hammer of wrath and challenges

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Vasara
Incognito assault marine
Vasara

Posts : 1160
Join date : 2012-08-22
Location : Vantaa

Hammer of wrath and challenges Empty
PostSubject: Hammer of wrath and challenges   Hammer of wrath and challenges I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 02 2013, 11:21

Squad of Reavers with arena champion charges a character that is alone. How are HoW hits played when there is a challenge? Is it only AC:s HoW that counts?

What if there are a squad with character that gets charged and a challenge occurs. AC HoW is resolved for the character and the rest to the rest of his squad?
Back to top Go down
Mushkilla
Arena Champion
Mushkilla

Posts : 4017
Join date : 2012-07-16
Location : Toroid Arena

Hammer of wrath and challenges Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hammer of wrath and challenges   Hammer of wrath and challenges I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 02 2013, 13:24

@Vasara wrote:
Squad of Reavers with arena champion charges a character that is alone. How are HoW hits played when there is a challenge? Is it only AC:s HoW that counts?

Only the HoW from the arena champion will hit. As challenges are declared before initiative steps, and models in a challenge only count as being in base to base contact with each other. Tactically in this case it's almost always better to refuse the challenge.

@Vasara wrote:
What if there are a squad with character that gets charged and a challenge occurs. AC HoW is resolved for the character and the rest to the rest of his squad?

The arena champion would resolve his hit against the character in the challenge. The rest of the reavers would resolve their hits against the rest of the characters squad.

Hope that clears it up. Smile

_________________
Latest Report: BR4: The Repugnant Ramblers Vs Imperial Knights - 1250pts
Pragmatic Realspace Raider Series


“Even the Black Buzzards thought highly of him, and those maniacs were renowned for hating everyone.” - Tantalus, by Braden Campbell
Back to top Go down
1++
Hekatrix
avatar

Posts : 1036
Join date : 2011-06-27
Location : Sydney

Hammer of wrath and challenges Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hammer of wrath and challenges   Hammer of wrath and challenges I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 02 2013, 22:38

A little tactical advice if I may.

When charging (or being charged for that matter) by a single character on his own, and unless you don't have the tools to kill him, you should deny the challange. In this case, your AC wouldnt fight, but then the rest of the unit would make the hits and hopefully clean him up.

And if you won on the turn you charged, you would still have your cover save (Jink + Skilled Rider)


_________________
"I'm alive from this pain!"
Back to top Go down
Balisong
Sybarite
avatar

Posts : 324
Join date : 2012-09-05

Hammer of wrath and challenges Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hammer of wrath and challenges   Hammer of wrath and challenges I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 03 2013, 00:14

@1++ wrote:
A little tactical advice if I may.

When charging (or being charged for that matter) by a single character on his own, and unless you don't have the tools to kill him, you should deny the challange. In this case, your AC wouldnt fight, but then the rest of the unit would make the hits and hopefully clean him up.

And if you won on the turn you charged, you would still have your cover save (Jink + Skilled Rider)


It's good advice, but as 1++ says, situational.

If you are facing a high toughness opponent such as a MC or HQ your AC might be better off accepting depending on the weapon they are using. Especially if a Venom Blade or Agonizer.
Back to top Go down
1++
Hekatrix
avatar

Posts : 1036
Join date : 2011-06-27
Location : Sydney

Hammer of wrath and challenges Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hammer of wrath and challenges   Hammer of wrath and challenges I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 03 2013, 04:29

@Balisong wrote:
@1++ wrote:
A little tactical advice if I may.

When charging (or being charged for that matter) by a single character on his own, and unless you don't have the tools to kill him, you should deny the challange. In this case, your AC wouldnt fight, but then the rest of the unit would make the hits and hopefully clean him up.

And if you won on the turn you charged, you would still have your cover save (Jink + Skilled Rider)


It's good advice, but as 1++ says, situational.

If you are facing a high toughness opponent such as a MC or HQ your AC might be better off accepting depending on the weapon they are using. Especially if a Venom Blade or Agonizer.

Meaning that you would only loose the combat by 1 and not more....good call

_________________
"I'm alive from this pain!"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




Hammer of wrath and challenges Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hammer of wrath and challenges   Hammer of wrath and challenges I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down
 
Hammer of wrath and challenges
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

 :: Rules: Queries & Questions
-
Jump to: