THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityRegisterLog in

Dark Eldar Wraithguard count as, what to use?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Soulforged
Slave
Soulforged

Dark Eldar Wraithguard count as, what to use? Empty
PostSubject: Dark Eldar Wraithguard count as, what to use?   Dark Eldar Wraithguard count as, what to use? I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 30 2013, 20:25

Since the release of the latest edition of 40k if have been toying with the idea of an Eldar & Dark Eldar combined force based around a Court of Dark Muses(court of the archon/seer council) and the Avatar of Khaine
I would love to include some wraithguard in this list

But i want to keep the dark eldar feel to my army, and those wraithguard models have a couple of disadvantages
1) metal or finecast, I don't like working with either material
2) a tad on the expensive side
3) totally not dark eldar/vicious enough
4) way too static for my taste

so I'm looking for suggestions to an alternative/count as
(perhaps; if no good ideas present themselves some ideas on how to update those static wraithguard)

so far i have been thinking of using some of the goblin spiders and call them wraithspiders

anybody have any other ideas on what I might be able to use to represent "dark" wraithguard?

Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Wraithguard count as, what to use?   Dark Eldar Wraithguard count as, what to use? I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 30 2013, 21:13

Crystal dryads? But they seem to gracefull. Wraightguards are slow.
Back to top Go down
Tiri Rana
Sybarite
Tiri Rana

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Wraithguard count as, what to use?   Dark Eldar Wraithguard count as, what to use? I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 30 2013, 21:26

Maybe some kind of medium sized Coven breed. Bigger than Wracks, but smaller than grotesques. But I'm not sure what models to use. Maybe there's something suitable in the new Chaos line.

Ciirian
Sybarite
Ciirian

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Wraithguard count as, what to use?   Dark Eldar Wraithguard count as, what to use? I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 31 2013, 02:03

Wanted to do something similar and hit the same snag. Reaver helmet heads maybe?
Back to top Go down
Soulforged
Slave
Soulforged

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Wraithguard count as, what to use?   Dark Eldar Wraithguard count as, what to use? I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 31 2013, 16:58

just spent some time looking through the recent kits looking for interesting bits

maybe I should use the banshee(s) from the vampire counts range and claims them to be ghosts of failed muses(to fit in with my theme)

their scream could represent the cannons wraithguard normally have and the fact that they are ghosts could represent the fact that they are hard to destroy

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Wraithguard count as, what to use?   Dark Eldar Wraithguard count as, what to use? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dark Eldar Wraithguard count as, what to use?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

LOW COMMORRAGH - THE WORKSHOPS

:: Painting & Modelling Discussion
-
Jump to: