THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityRegisterLog in

What to se as base models for Wrack conversions?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Kinnay
Wych
Kinnay

What to se as base models for Wrack conversions? Empty
PostSubject: What to se as base models for Wrack conversions?   What to se as base models for Wrack conversions? I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 30 2013, 16:02

As the the title says, I'm unsure about how to model my Wracks. Several ideas have crossed my mind, but they all kind of became moot again for different reasons. I want my Wracks to look tougher and wilder than the regular Dark Eldar, modified and distinctively Covenesque. If there weren't only five finecast models available, I'd go for those, as the models have the potential to look superb. But how could I get a minimum of ten models for relatively cheap, while still fulfilling my demanding ideas?

Vampire Counts Ghouls are out, as they look too weedy and their posture is terrible. Chaos Marauders look ridiculous. Skaven are too small, Wyches look like, well, Wyches. There are a few, though, that I'm considering to make work:

I'd thought about Beastmen Gors, as they're big and realistically-ish muscular, but the fur and legs mean too much shaving and sculpting. Also Wracks are still S3, so too many muscles seem out of place.
Next, Daemon Bloodletters came to my mind, as they look wierd, sinewy and gross. I still think they could work if not for their legs... Actually they would make great Mandrakes! I'll look into that.
Lastly, Kroot? They look different enough and with a few Dark Eldarish armour plates on their bellies and hips, along with a loincloth could look great.

I'm only talking about the bodies, mind you. The weapons will be extra, as will the heads. For the latter I was thinking about either Chaos Knight helmets made to masks, or, for a 300-like approach, about Sanguinary guard masks.

What do you think? What ideas do you have that haven't been done before? Please share them, even if they seem unrealistic. Smile

Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: What to se as base models for Wrack conversions?   What to se as base models for Wrack conversions? I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 30 2013, 16:12

How about the new Forsaken for WoC?

What to se as base models for Wrack conversions? M2980633a_99120201020_Forsaken07_445x319

Kinnay
Wych
Kinnay

PostSubject: Re: What to se as base models for Wrack conversions?   What to se as base models for Wrack conversions? I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 31 2013, 10:01

No, I think they look too brutish and getting rid of their armour could prove to be annoying, to say the least. But thank you!

SleepyPillow
Kabalite Warrior
SleepyPillow

PostSubject: Re: What to se as base models for Wrack conversions?   What to se as base models for Wrack conversions? I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 31 2013, 10:24

I used the bodies of these guys in combination with talos bits.

Empire Flagellants WarbandWhat to se as base models for Wrack conversions? M350297_99120202017_FlagellantWarbandBox_873x627

Kabalite Warrior
Mr_Pink

PostSubject: Re: What to se as base models for Wrack conversions?   What to se as base models for Wrack conversions? I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 12 2013, 18:23

How about combining SleepyPillow's suggestion with your previous attempt at using Bloodletters.

It worked for me Wink
What to se as base models for Wrack conversions? DSC_6725_6811

Just make sure you painstakingly scrape all the bloodletter zits off to leave them with smooth musclemass.

I threw in Savage Orc Bows (a dime a dozen on Bits sites) and bloodletter horns to make the spinal bone racks. I also tossed in the occassional attrophied Ghoul arm or mutated chaos arm for good measure.

My wracks recipe can be found in this post:
http://modernsynthesist.blogspot.ca/2011/11/recipe-for-wracks.html

And here are the finished products:
http://modernsynthesist.blogspot.ca/2012/05/shambling-masses-wracks-done.html

Hope they give you some ideas!

Back to top Go down
http://modernsynthesist.blogspot.ca/
Kinnay
Wych
Kinnay

PostSubject: Re: What to se as base models for Wrack conversions?   What to se as base models for Wrack conversions? I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 13 2013, 11:16

Hey Mr. Pink, thanks for your reply. I love your work!

Yes, funny you should suggest Bloodletters, as that's what I went with in the end. Very Happy
I think I'm keeping the legs though and sculpting some armour and cloth on them. My problem with the Flagellant legs is that they are disproportionally short. Of course it makes them look that much more muated and degenerated, but I prefer them to keep a kind of Eldarish sleekness.

I absolutely love your take on the helmets, though! I'm going to try that on a few models and see how it goes. This and the Ork bows. Great ideas, thanks!

Sky Serpent
Adrenalight Junkie
Sky Serpent

PostSubject: Re: What to se as base models for Wrack conversions?   What to se as base models for Wrack conversions? I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 13 2013, 11:25

I used Flagellant legs with Ghoul torsos - the torsos have that sump that apes the Haemonculus well.

Administrator of The Dark City - Please message me any suggestions, improvements or problems
Back to top Go down
https://www.thedarkcity.net
Mr_Pink
Kabalite Warrior
Mr_Pink

PostSubject: Re: What to se as base models for Wrack conversions?   What to se as base models for Wrack conversions? I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 13 2013, 17:50

Fantastic! Happy to be of service. The Orc bows made me very happy, so I'm happy to share the tip.

In terms of Flaggelant legs being too short, I attempted to overcome this by cutting the bloodletter torsoes just above the leg joint. It still messes with proportions, but I thought the extra-long body worked.

Sky Serpent, don't you find the combination of ghoul and flaggelant to be to small/stooped?

Back to top Go down
http://modernsynthesist.blogspot.ca/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What to se as base models for Wrack conversions?   What to se as base models for Wrack conversions? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What to se as base models for Wrack conversions?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

LOW COMMORRAGH - THE WORKSHOPS

:: Painting & Modelling Discussion
-
Jump to: