So over the years I attempted to build a few armies before loosing interest. Black Templars I got a bunch of stuff and then realized I was no good at painting black. This was after I got a bunch of stuff including quite a few DarkAngels upgrade sprues for the robes and hoods. Then there was CSM's , I used parts of the old Templar and Dark Angels kits with CSM to make Word Bearers but soon lost interest in that as well when the Dark Eldar came out.
With Dark Vengence I was originally planning on doing CSM's again. I gave my little cousin the DA's to paint in attempt to have soemone to play with. Well after going through my stuff, and converting stuff by ripping old models for parts I kinda got into putting together some Dark Angels. Their new robed terminator box also just grabbed me with its awesomness. I grabbed a codex from the store and started going through it but am still having trouble asembling. So with that, I plan on listing the stuff that I currently have and would like some advice as to where to go.
- "The Lion Knight" Terminator armor, magnetized arms (Lightning Claws, hammer and shield, stormbolter and sword) - was thinking of using as a count as Belial
- Dark Vengence Librian, Dark Vengence Chaplain, Dark Vengence Company Master, metal Chaplain in Terminator armor
- new Space Marine Commander plastic box -- was thinking of making a 'count as' Azraiel out of it? suggestions?
-5 x Terminators (Dark Vengence box)
-4 x Terminators (magnetized lightning claws or thunder hammer and shields - 4 pairs of each)
-4 x Black Reach Terminators (need to find arms)
- 5 x Terminators (Just bodies, would use magnets --- what arms should I look into getting in bits is my question?)
- 10 man Marine squad (Plasmagun, Plasma cannon, serg with plasma pistol - Dark Vengence squad)
- 5 man Marine Squad
-3x Ravenwing Bikers (Dark Vengence set - 1 plasma gun, 1 serg)
- 6x Ravenwing Bikers (Two regular bikers completed, two are missing an arm -- cant figure out what weapon to give them, sugestions would be great, two unasembled --- would a biker Chaplain / Librarian be a good idea to convert?)
- 5 - 10 Marine Assault squad (not sure on exact number)
I know its really not much, I have no Heavy Support choices at the moment. I think I have a Rhino and a Vindicator somewhere around in my room from an old unfinished project. Figure it isn't a bad start if I do Deathwing / Ravenwing hybrid list. Just had some questions on the (sorry if I repeat any of the ones asked above) What kind of special weapons should I add to squads, what weapons should I give specific squads (terminators/marines/the different seargents), is making an HQ on a Bike a good idea with the decent amount of bikes I have and if so which one (Chaplain or Librarian and why?) What could be a small point list I can make from what I own to give it a try and see how I like it? and also with a list like this, what do you think I should look toward getting if I decide I like it.
Thanks for all who read this far and can give me any help or suggestions --- its all appreciated