THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityRegisterLog in

Size of Hordes-Everblight Warspears?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Sathonyx
Hellion

Size of Hordes-Everblight Warspears? Empty
PostSubject: Size of Hordes-Everblight Warspears?   Size of Hordes-Everblight Warspears? I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 02 2013, 05:05

I found these models online. My question is, are they a good comparable size to be used as Grotesques (like fantasy beastman minotaur) and come on a 40mm round base? They are plastics, so conversions should be easy...I have some fantasy left over ogre limbs and gladiator helmets from Maxmini (Poland)
Back to top Go down
Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

PostSubject: Re: Size of Hordes-Everblight Warspears?   Size of Hordes-Everblight Warspears? I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 02 2013, 07:58

Yes, they are great as Grots. Check out Eye of Error's thread about using them for that purpose in the Project Logs section, he includes several scale pics next to GW Wracks:

https://www.thedarkcity.net/t2061-dark-eldar-grotesque-conversions
Back to top Go down
Sathonyx
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Size of Hordes-Everblight Warspears?   Size of Hordes-Everblight Warspears? I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 02 2013, 13:09

Thanks Gobsmakked! Eye of Error did some fantastic work there. I just wonder how many Talos kits it took get enough of those plastic helmets for the conversion of a unit. I think my idea of Maxmini "gladiator heads" will work well, as the Grots bodies are "supposed to be" out of proportion to their heads, like GW's one Grot model. Talk about GW dropping the ball.......I'm sure if GW had made a plastic unit of 3-4, like Eye of Error's project, a lot more of us Archons would be fielding them more regularly.......that equals more sales-DUH
Back to top Go down
Daemon of Distortion
Slave
Daemon of Distortion

PostSubject: Re: Size of Hordes-Everblight Warspears?   Size of Hordes-Everblight Warspears? I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 02 2013, 13:19

Quote :
I just wonder how many Talos kits it took get enough of those plastic helmets for the conversion of a unit.
The Talos kit comes with 6 masks if I remember correctly so no problem with that... You'll also get them plenty of weapons and a LG

Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Size of Hordes-Everblight Warspears?   Size of Hordes-Everblight Warspears? I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 02 2013, 19:38

Thanks Deamon of Distortion, Looks like 1 talos kit will have to be another purchase....but I might stick with the Maxmini gladiator heads since I have them already. I can always do a second "head swap" when I get a Talos if I'm unhappy with the gladiator helmets
Back to top Go down
Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

PostSubject: Re: Size of Hordes-Everblight Warspears?   Size of Hordes-Everblight Warspears? I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 03 2013, 23:47

Try online bitz suppliers like Hoard 'O Bits. You can get all 6 Talos heads for $5-$6.
Back to top Go down
Sathonyx
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Size of Hordes-Everblight Warspears?   Size of Hordes-Everblight Warspears? I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 04 2013, 01:32

Thanks again Gobsmakked. I'll check out Hoard O' Bits since I didn't even know of them. I use The War Store in New York for almost all my conversions;.......conversions is my FAVORITE part of our hobby, just "personalizing" your own army.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Size of Hordes-Everblight Warspears?   Size of Hordes-Everblight Warspears? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Size of Hordes-Everblight Warspears?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

LOW COMMORRAGH - THE WORKSHOPS

:: Painting & Modelling Discussion
-
Jump to: