THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityRegisterLog in

Heamonculi Cult/Coven

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
cammy
Hellion

Heamonculi Cult/Coven Empty
PostSubject: Heamonculi Cult/Coven   Heamonculi Cult/Coven I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 27 2012, 13:59

Back in the old codex i used to run a heamonculi cult army with lots of grotesques, talos and other funny shenanigans, I was wanting to bring this up-to-date with the current codex and come in around the 2000 pt mark (below is a fair bit over).

Can any one help suggest where I can shave off some points and also some tweaking to make it not to bad to field, and by tweaking I don't mean (30 grots are crap replace them with 2 squads of blaster born in venoms and a ravager)

I envision that apart from guard and grey knights this wouldn't be to nice to play against - they will get across the board and if they charge it will hurt, however if you charge ( i will place 2 haemonculi per grot squad) the wall of death liquefiers will be extremely nasty. Also give a headache for target priority with the reavers tank busting around the back, the venoms mowing down infantry and having 30 grotesques and multiple taloi to attend to.

What are peoples thoughts on the below and how can I trim it to 2k while still maintaining the feel of the army I'm going for.

3X Heamonculi
Liquefier
Venom Blade

3X Heamoncul
i Liquefier
Venom Blade

3 X 10 Grotesques
Aberration
Scissor Hand
Liquefier

3 x 5 Wracks
Liquefier
Venom
Extra Cannon

2x 6 Reavers
Heatlance x 2

3 X Talos
Liquefier
Haywire Blaster
Back to top Go down
THeWigglyNoodle
Hellion
THeWigglyNoodle

PostSubject: Re: Heamonculi Cult/Coven   Heamonculi Cult/Coven I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 28 2012, 10:04

How about throwing urien in there adding d3 pain token to your units will be awesome plus you can make your grotesques even stronger by upgrading their strength
Back to top Go down
crion
Hellion
crion

PostSubject: Re: Heamonculi Cult/Coven   Heamonculi Cult/Coven I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 28 2012, 11:17

Well, seeing this, would WWP work a bit better for this army? I mean it's not like they won't get shot at while strolling down the board. Smile

I really think 6 troops belong in 2k armys. You averted some by that by having both fast and heavy (scoring in some missions) but sometimes that is not enough.

My suggestion would be to actually bring some mobility in here in the form of 3 Haemies with WWP.

3X Heamonculi w/WWP

3X Heamonculi babysitting and giving PT to Grots

3 X 7 Grotesques

4 x 3 Wracks w/venom 1SC

2 x 5 Whyches w/venom 1SC

2 X Talos

1995p

Just a thought, no upgrades at all here, just basic elite and heavy smashing from WWP and multiple scoring targets with some AI capability and some Haywire from whyches.
Back to top Go down
brycec13
Slave

PostSubject: Re: Heamonculi Cult/Coven   Heamonculi Cult/Coven I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 28 2012, 22:07

Going against a good ork list would be rough or DE rivalry would be bad...
I love the list idea though. A webway portal seems like it would fit but i wonder if having all your multi-wound models come in piece by piece would be detrimental to your mass attack and shock theme.
Wracks may make more sense with venoms as they are more resilient with fnp and t4 and they are cheaper. Probably a win all around.
Back to top Go down
cammy
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Heamonculi Cult/Coven   Heamonculi Cult/Coven I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 31 2012, 12:29

crion wrote:
Well, seeing this, would WWP work a bit better for this army? I mean it's not like they won't get shot at while strolling down the board. Smile

I really think 6 troops belong in 2k armys. You averted some by that by having both fast and heavy (scoring in some missions) but sometimes that is not enough.

My suggestion would be to actually bring some mobility in here in the form of 3 Haemies with WWP.

3X Heamonculi w/WWP

3X Heamonculi babysitting and giving PT to Grots

3 X 7 Grotesques

4 x 3 Wracks w/venom 1SC

2 x 5 Whyches w/venom 1SC

2 X Talos

1995p

Just a thought, no upgrades at all here, just basic elite and heavy smashing from WWP and multiple scoring targets with some AI capability and some Haywire from whyches.

Not a big fan of adding wyches to the army I know I'm stretching it with the reavers as it is, however I feel they add a level of balance to the list. Although i thought about using wwp with the list i feel this would negate a big strength of the list which is target saturation, by coming in piecemeal this would allow the opponent to focus on units before moving onto the next.

The main theme is based primarily around a haemonculi cult, so ideally would limit the amount of kabal or wych units.

I would prefer to keep the wracks as units of 5 plus the liquifier - however I think I might have to cut these down to minimum size units to fit into the points costs and would probably go with the squad size of 7 grots. As much as I want 3 Talos in the list it might be that i have to cut these down to 2 units.

I want to keep the 6 Haemonculi with liquifiers intact if possible as with 2 in a unit plus the one in the squad it dissuades people from charging the grot squads as the wall of death could be nasty, which hopefully will allow me the charge (with furious charge)

When i get home i will cost this up and see what i come up with for 2k
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Heamonculi Cult/Coven   Heamonculi Cult/Coven I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Heamonculi Cult/Coven
Page 1 of 1