THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityRegisterLog in

Best Varnish

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Damnosus
Hellion
Damnosus

Best Varnish Empty
PostSubject: Best Varnish   Best Varnish I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 18 2012, 17:06

After finding some chipped paint spots on my test model that I haven't even completed (what the heck!!!), I stated thinking about putting varnish on it. What do you guys use? I have used the matte varnish spray that citadel makes in the past, but I am afraid of using it again as I live in such a wet area (Portland OR) and I know if conditions aren't perfect it can make the model look bad. Are there any other options?

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Silverglade
Wych
Silverglade

Best Varnish Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best Varnish   Best Varnish I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 21 2013, 01:09

Surprised no one replied to this for you in a month! LOL.

I use Testors dullcote and have for years. I've rarely run into difficulty. (on the rare occasion in the past i held the can too close to the model and it came out white. But that was my fault, not the spray's)
Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

Best Varnish Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best Varnish   Best Varnish I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 21 2013, 03:54

@Silverglade wrote:
Surprised no one replied to this for you in a month! LOL.

I use Testors dullcote and have for years.

Can't believe that I missed this too Evil or Very Mad

I also use Dullcote. I'm also on the West coast were the humidity can be a problem(not Portland bad, but we get a fair amount of fog on the central coast). I've had one bad can in 15 years, though I must admit that just about any spray varnish will get cloudy if the humidity is high enough. Hope this helps.

My Dark Eldar Project Log
Back to top Go down
Damnosus
Hellion
Damnosus

Best Varnish Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best Varnish   Best Varnish I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 21 2013, 04:30

I actually went with a satin polymer varnish from Golden Varnishes. After a few overly watered down test runs, my final coat came out pretty good. The model is maybe a little bit shinier but not enough for me to be concerned. I hope to post a pic soonish (my wife is the one with the camera).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Best Varnish Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best Varnish   Best Varnish I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Best Varnish
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

LOW COMMORRAGH - THE WORKSHOPS

:: Painting & Modelling Discussion
-