HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityRegisterLog in

Salamander list

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Grub
Wych
Grub

Salamander list Empty
PostSubject: Salamander list   Salamander list I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 17 2012, 01:30

So I took the plunge, into the deep dark and deprived depths of the Imperiums Spayse Mureenes. This is a direct result of the Dark Eldar being to irritating for my regular players and I fancied something a little different. So far i've really enjoyed them but being on the giving end of marines is a bit different for me and although games are going ok, they are still missing something. So if there is any one out there with some pointers and changes please direct: Thanks in advance!

1499 points
HQ:
Vulkan
Troops:
10x Tactical marines , flamer, multimelta,
-drop pod
- Rhino
5x Scouts, camo cloaks
Elites:
Dreadnaught, heavy flamer, multimelta,
-drop pod
-drop pod
-drop pod
Fast attack:
8 x Assault Marines, meltabomb powerfist
Heavy Support:
Predator, Lascannon turret and sponsons

2001 points
HQ:
Vulkan
Troops:
-drop pod
-Rhino
6x Tactical marines ,
-razorback
5x Scouts, camo cloaks
Elites:
-drop pod
-drop pod
-drop pod
Fast attack:
10 x Assault Marines, meltabomb powerfist
Heavy Support:
Predator, Lascannon turret and sponsons
Devastator Squad, 3x Multimeltas 1x Plasma cannon
-Razorback Lascannon
Whirlwind

A very slow, 30K Salamander Distraction Log: VULKAN LIVES
Back to top Go down
Shadows Revenge
Hierarch of Tactica
Shadows Revenge

Salamander list Empty
PostSubject: Re: Salamander list   Salamander list I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 17 2012, 16:27

my problem with both lists is where is Vulkan going to go??? He is too many points to waste just sitting somewhere alone. Get him into an assault unit and let him go wild.

Normally you see a LRC w/ TH/SS termies for his squad. which is a really good choice, also you might see sternguard, who can overwatch and can charge in with A2 base.

As for the drop pod Dreads, you could get them for cheaper by using land speeders, which is something you see alot of in vulkan lists as well. That is just a difference in taste though, so its up to you

Current List:
First 2k GSC List
Back to top Go down
Grub
Wych
Grub

Salamander list Empty
PostSubject: Re: Salamander list   Salamander list I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 17 2012, 22:04

I agree, not sure where to put him in these lists- can he go with the tactical marines in the drop pod then split?

I guess you can do it with landspeeders, in my little experience however I like the panic caused by dreadnaughts dropped in next to something then blowing it up, not sure landspeeders are as durable or intimidating Razz Last game I tried with a "similar" my ironclad had great fun chewing through a landraider and a squad of grey hunters next turn before being charged by 5 Furry-death-stars (Thunderwolf cavalry) and getting rended to death.

Think the main concern is Vulkans location (his rules are to good to pass up for a salamander army) and possibly lack of ranged AT, could either go really well or really bad was my first impression- cheers for the suggestions though, I do have some TH/SS terms I could use- issue is landraiders are far to pricey!

A very slow, 30K Salamander Distraction Log: VULKAN LIVES
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Salamander list Empty
PostSubject: Re: Salamander list   Salamander list I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Salamander list
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

LOW COMMORRAGH - THE WORKSHOPS

:: Distractions