THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityRegisterLog in

question on infilitrate

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
doomseer11b
Sybarite
doomseer11b

question on infilitrate Empty
PostSubject: question on infilitrate   question on infilitrate I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 12 2012, 11:12

the rule says, units that contain at least one model with this special rule are deployed last after all other uints. does this mean we can put a character with mandrakes and infiltrate them onto the board???? and would this give us use of our WEBWAY portals again? so give a haemy a webway portal also giving the group FNP in conjuction with stealth???

and i realize it says IC cannot deploy with the unit on deployment, but thats on deployment. it gives them the outflank special rule, with a vehicle if need be. so could this be used to our advantage?

Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: question on infilitrate   question on infilitrate I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 12 2012, 11:36

There was a fairly lengthy thread on this a while back.

Linky

doomseer11b
Sybarite
doomseer11b

PostSubject: Re: question on infilitrate   question on infilitrate I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 12 2012, 12:07

Count Adhemar wrote:
Quote :
If your shooting takes out everything except one small, arthritic ratling with poor eyesight and bad case of asthma then the Mandrakes may stand a chance to finish it off and grab that pain token. Anything stronger than that though I wouldn't bet on the Mandrakes beating them.

lol nice, but i guess that question didnt really get answered. oh well, will have to be decided before any games i guess. Seems like both sides have valid points.

1++
Hekatrix

PostSubject: Re: question on infilitrate   question on infilitrate I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 12 2012, 12:15

@doomseer11b wrote:
and i realize it says IC cannot deploy with the unit on deployment, but thats on deployment.

But it IS deployment, they are just simply saved till last. RAW IC's cannot Infiltrate

Sybarite
doomseer11b

PostSubject: Re: question on infilitrate   question on infilitrate I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 13 2012, 08:34

@1++ wrote:
@doomseer11b wrote:
and i realize it says IC cannot deploy with the unit on deployment, but thats on deployment.

But it IS deployment, they are just simply saved till last. RAW IC's cannot Infiltrate

im not trying to re-spark this conversation as it has already been played out i think however, it says in the rulebook that infiltrators can either infiltrate or outflank. these are two seperate rules now. since we have an old codex it would be understood, i would think, that they have both.

as the book also describes, "deployment" as its own phase, in the beginning. i could see room for argument on both sides.

i think it would kind of be worthless anyway. if you think about it, the mandrakes wouldnt be able to come in till turn 2 (best case scenario) no matter what, then when you lay down the webway, nothing can come out till turn 3 (best case scenario)! doesnt really makes sense. i tried to build something with an autarch involved to get better rolls for reserves. but it was just too much and the autarch thing was kind of "iffy" seeing as it talks about it in "eldar" units and whatnot. wasnt sure if that carried over to us. so i decided to give up and say its not worth it.

the only reason i wouldve been doing it in the first place is to get my monstrous creatures behind him. but at that point i may have already lost the game or been so depleted it wouldnt have mattered. too many points tied up in mandrakes (that cant take a venom or raider, so getting on the board would have to be ideal as well) AND a wasted HQ slot and wasted HQ. even if this was FAQ'd in our favor for this, it still just would be as difficult to work your army around as fielding it regularly, i think.

WHAT THE HECK DO MANDRAKES DO!!! lol, they can pin yes, but for 15 points a model???? please someone with some experience explain how they could be used?

Shadows Revenge
Hierarch of Tactica
Shadows Revenge

PostSubject: Re: question on infilitrate   question on infilitrate I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 13 2012, 14:36

@doomseer11b wrote:
WHAT THE HECK DO MANDRAKES DO!!! lol, they can pin yes, but for 15 points a model???? please someone with some experience explain how they could be used?

Look pretty on a painter's wall Razz

Current List:
First 2k GSC List
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: question on infilitrate   question on infilitrate I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

question on infilitrate
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Rules: Queries & Questions
-
Jump to: