THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityRegisterLog in

My take on Vect, How have you guys modelled him?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Crazy_Ivan
Wych
Crazy_Ivan

My take on Vect, How have you guys modelled him? Empty
PostSubject: My take on Vect, How have you guys modelled him?   My take on Vect, How have you guys modelled him? I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 02 2012, 17:43

My model of vect just an archon body and head wth some extre skulls and the Scepter of the dark city.

My take on Vect, How have you guys modelled him? Img-2011
My take on Vect, How have you guys modelled him? Img-2012
My take on Vect, How have you guys modelled him? Img-2013
Back to top Go down
Plastikente
Sybarite
Plastikente

PostSubject: Re: My take on Vect, How have you guys modelled him?   My take on Vect, How have you guys modelled him? I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 02 2012, 20:38

I like it! Is the pose inspired by the artwork in the codex?
My only criticism is that the glowing green on the staff looks too Necron-esque in my opinion. I think a black globe with lightning or cloud detail would work better... but it's your mini, not mine!

Project Log: Kabal of the Bloodspray Corsairs
Flickr: jjtweed's Photostream
Back to top Go down
Crazy_Ivan
Wych
Crazy_Ivan

PostSubject: Re: My take on Vect, How have you guys modelled him?   My take on Vect, How have you guys modelled him? I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 02 2012, 21:00

Glad you like Smile, yeah there is a pic in the ancient history section of the codex that i liked Smile, his left arm is from the pilot of a raider or ravager, couldnt believe how well it fitted for the pose.
I did think the green is a little garish, it will probably end up being painted several times before i'm happy with it Laughing
Back to top Go down
Plastikente
Sybarite
Plastikente

PostSubject: Re: My take on Vect, How have you guys modelled him?   My take on Vect, How have you guys modelled him? I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 11 2012, 20:17

So, seeing your post motivated me to finally get round to a project I've had planned for a while: my own take on Vect.
My take on Vect, How have you guys modelled him? 8265288750_90d8cb9b6f
I love the classic Archon model, so he seemed the perfect candidate to be Vect for my army. I did an arm swap for one from a new Warrior holding a spear, and then chopped the spear down and replaced the blade with some skulls to represent the Sceptre of the Dark City. When he's painted, I have a little bead to go in his right hand as an Obsidian Orb.

I'll post a another picture when he's done.

Back to top Go down
Crazy_Ivan
Wych
Crazy_Ivan

PostSubject: Re: My take on Vect, How have you guys modelled him?   My take on Vect, How have you guys modelled him? I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 12 2012, 18:38

I like that he looks pretty formidable! I only started playing after the new models came out, I may have to get some and model some the other HQ's.
Back to top Go down
Plastikente
Sybarite
Plastikente

PostSubject: Re: My take on Vect, How have you guys modelled him?   My take on Vect, How have you guys modelled him? I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 14 2012, 00:14

Once an idea takes hold, I tend to spend every spare moment working on it. Vect is now painted, and I am very pleased with the result (if I do say so myself).
My take on Vect, How have you guys modelled him? 8270211247_7f70fee3ba_c
For once I abandoned my own Bloodspray Kabal's colour scheme and attempted to paint the Boss Man to match the 'Eavy Metal colour scheme for the Black Heart Kabal. Unfortunately I do not own any (!) of the right paints, so I ended up mixing a very dark blue/green for the armour (hard to see, but it's not quite black), imitiations of Kabalite Green and Sybarite Green to highlight it, a nice purple for the cloak, and a less-yellow-gold (from my ancient Shining Gold pot) for those bits.
His Sceptre of the Dark City was achieved with a simple drybush of Dawnstone over Abbadon Black, and the Obsidian Orb began life as a black bead which I highlighted with Dawnstone and then washed heavily with Drakenhof Nightshade.

Coincidentally, this also brings rather nice closure to a project which I began as soon as the current codex came out: I mixed parts from an old Raider and a new Ravager to build myself a Dais of Destruction.
My take on Vect, How have you guys modelled him? 6925699995_3000f8d5fb_z

I now finally have a Vect model to make use of his ride.

Back to top Go down
Crazy_Ivan
Wych
Crazy_Ivan

PostSubject: Re: My take on Vect, How have you guys modelled him?   My take on Vect, How have you guys modelled him? I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 18 2012, 19:51

Thats some nice work! Certainly brings the old model bamg up to date, i never play games big enough to bring the dias and vect only played up to 2000 pts so far, can't warrant spending almos a quater of my points just those two units lol
Back to top Go down
Plastikente
Sybarite
Plastikente

PostSubject: Re: My take on Vect, How have you guys modelled him?   My take on Vect, How have you guys modelled him? I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 18 2012, 20:32

I've never actually fielded the dais - it was just a modelling idea I had. I don't see the value in paying all those points to get a slightly tougher Ravager which can carry people. I want my Ravagers sat at max range firing their Dark Lances, not rushing towards the enemy to deliver passengers. But that's getting off topic...

Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: My take on Vect, How have you guys modelled him?   My take on Vect, How have you guys modelled him? I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 18 2012, 21:28

Love the Dais but not a fan of Vect. This is nothing against your conversion or painting! Just a long-standing dislike of that miniature. Not sure if it was Aly Morrison or Gary Morley but I'm not a fan of that whole early range, especially when compared with the beautiful new range.

Cavash
Lord of the Chat
Cavash

PostSubject: Re: My take on Vect, How have you guys modelled him?   My take on Vect, How have you guys modelled him? I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 18 2012, 21:58

lol, it's odd but I have to disagree with Adhemar. I absolutely loved the old Dark Eldar range and am not overly enamoured with the newer models.

I really like your conversion and that is a very nice Dais. Keep up the great work.

My take on Vect, How have you guys modelled him? YiVCUio
Back to top Go down
Orthien
Sybarite
Orthien

PostSubject: Re: My take on Vect, How have you guys modelled him?   My take on Vect, How have you guys modelled him? I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 19 2012, 03:13

I think the older model capture a more brutal side to DE. My issue with them is the terrible detail, everything is oversized and blocky.
I do like that Vect though. Its taken my least liked old model and made it something that I might field.

Kabalite Warrior Helm Project Log: https://www.thedarkcity.net/t5342-real-life-kabalite-helm
Back to top Go down
Plastikente
Sybarite
Plastikente

PostSubject: Re: My take on Vect, How have you guys modelled him?   My take on Vect, How have you guys modelled him? I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 19 2012, 07:23

@Orthien wrote:
I think the older model capture a more brutal side to DE. My issue with them is the terrible detail, everything is oversized and blocky.

I've never thought hard enough about it to capture my thoughts in words, but this is a great summary of the old models. It still like (most of) them though, although I think the new ones generally outshine them by far.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My take on Vect, How have you guys modelled him?   My take on Vect, How have you guys modelled him? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My take on Vect, How have you guys modelled him?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

LOW COMMORRAGH - THE WORKSHOPS

:: Painting & Modelling Discussion
-
Jump to: