THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityRegisterLog in

Conversion ideas for Power Axes/Mauls?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

Conversion ideas for Power Axes/Mauls? Empty
PostSubject: Conversion ideas for Power Axes/Mauls?   Conversion ideas for Power Axes/Mauls? I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 14 2012, 17:17

What are you using for power axes and mauls? I am converting a couple for my FW Corsairs Bladesworn retinue that I will be adding to my army in a month(Escalation league) A couple of people in chat helped with ideas including using cut down Raider fins, parts of sails, sythes from Warhammer FB models. What ideas do you have?

EDIT:
Conversion ideas for Power Axes/Mauls? DE-DRAGON-SORARMS
Top left for a power maul? More DE specific, but could be modified for Corsairs

My Dark Eldar Project Log
Back to top Go down
Ciirian
Sybarite
Ciirian

PostSubject: Re: Conversion ideas for Power Axes/Mauls?   Conversion ideas for Power Axes/Mauls? I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 14 2012, 17:44

i think that would make a good dark eldar power maul.

Was also thinking a few of the wych impalers together for a Maul.
Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: Conversion ideas for Power Axes/Mauls?   Conversion ideas for Power Axes/Mauls? I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 14 2012, 17:55

Conversion ideas for Power Axes/Mauls? B85-1114
Looks like the maul from the Dark Elves Cold One rider champ looks good too.

Looking at ordering the halberd fHE Pheonix Guard too for the axe head.

Back to top Go down
Shadows Revenge
Hierarch of Tactica
Shadows Revenge

PostSubject: Re: Conversion ideas for Power Axes/Mauls?   Conversion ideas for Power Axes/Mauls? I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 14 2012, 20:07

wow... where did that staff come from in the first post??? Vect's beatstick anyone??? Razz

Also for an axe, I was thinking how about speedfreak's custom klaives on his count as incubi, they look very "choppy"

Current List:
First 2k GSC List
Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: Conversion ideas for Power Axes/Mauls?   Conversion ideas for Power Axes/Mauls? I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 14 2012, 20:12

@Shadows Revenge wrote:
wow... where did that staff come from in the first post??? Vect's beatstick anyone??? Razz

Also for an axe, I was thinking how about speedfreak's custom klaives on his count as incubi, they look very "choppy"
I was thinking the same thing. It is from the Dark Elf Sorcerer on the Black Dragon thingy. Pretty boss in my book. I might be ordering a couple. I was thinking of Speedfreek's Incubi too. I'm going to get impulsive and order some of these parts soon. I can feel it Razz

Back to top Go down
Azdrubael
Incubi
Azdrubael

PostSubject: Re: Conversion ideas for Power Axes/Mauls?   Conversion ideas for Power Axes/Mauls? I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 16 2012, 06:00

Succubi is sold with Power Axe (Halberd).

Mortarion
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Conversion ideas for Power Axes/Mauls?   Conversion ideas for Power Axes/Mauls? I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 25 2012, 16:03

High Elves White lions have some axes that I think would look nice if painted correctly.
Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: Conversion ideas for Power Axes/Mauls?   Conversion ideas for Power Axes/Mauls? I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 25 2012, 17:15

@Mortarion wrote:
High Elves White lions have some axes that I think would look nice if painted correctly.

I considered those, but found that most of the bits stores (HoB and others) made you buy all ten. I think that I am going to use the halberd blades from the Phoenix Guard. I'm going to experiment with the halberd and axe blades leftover from the High Elf general box. I will be getting home from Thanksgiving travels tonight and will give a few ideas a try in the next few days. Pics will be posted of course.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Conversion ideas for Power Axes/Mauls?   Conversion ideas for Power Axes/Mauls? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Conversion ideas for Power Axes/Mauls?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

LOW COMMORRAGH - THE WORKSHOPS

:: Painting & Modelling Discussion
-
Jump to: