THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityRegisterLog in

Baron and Harlie Bomb question

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
mug7703
Sybarite

Baron and Harlie Bomb question Empty
PostSubject: Baron and Harlie Bomb question   Baron and Harlie Bomb question I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 09 2012, 18:37

Hi there. I was just wondering what people think about this. Can a Harlie unit doing hit and run reroll the initiative test and the dice roll for distance if the Baron is in the list or does this rule only work when he's with Hellions? Thanks.
Back to top Go down
http://www.trevelyanharper.co.uk
Seshiru
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Baron and Harlie Bomb question   Baron and Harlie Bomb question I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 09 2012, 19:34

It should only work when he or a unit of hellions he is with is doing the test.
So Baron alone, Baron with group of hellions, Baron where he is the highest initiative in a unit where there is no majority (rarely happens).

So generally speaking, not going to happen.

Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Baron and Harlie Bomb question   Baron and Harlie Bomb question I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 09 2012, 19:46

Okay thanks. That's what I thought. Also one other question. Does the Stealth rule add +1 to a Warlock's 5+ cover save from conceal?
Back to top Go down
http://www.trevelyanharper.co.uk
Shadows Revenge
Hierarch of Tactica
Shadows Revenge

PostSubject: Re: Baron and Harlie Bomb question   Baron and Harlie Bomb question I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 09 2012, 19:54

now only one model in the unit needs hit and run to let the entire unit have hit and run. Also You use the highest Init of the unit for it, even if he doesnt have the rule itself. So Yes, they can use baron's Init for the hit and run, sadly if I remember right, they can only use 2d6 as he is the only one that can move more

Current List:
First 2k GSC List
Back to top Go down
Seshiru
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Baron and Harlie Bomb question   Baron and Harlie Bomb question I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 09 2012, 22:05

Yes, stealth adds +1 to conceal.

Shadow the question isn't whether or not they get to use hit and run it's whether or not they get to use his "Master of Skies" ability when he isn't the highest initiative
Back to top Go down
Tiri Rana
Sybarite
Tiri Rana

PostSubject: Re: Baron and Harlie Bomb question   Baron and Harlie Bomb question I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 09 2012, 22:13

1.: Only one model in the unit has to have Hit and Run, for the whole unit to use it.

2.: If you roll for a whole unit you use the highest Initiative, which doesn't matter for Harlequins, since they also have an Initiative of 6.

3.: Hit and Run always uses 3D6 for distance, regardless of the unit's normal speed.

4.: Sadly the Master of the Skies special rule only works for Baron Sathonyx and any unit of Hellions he joins. So a unit of Harlequins can neither re-roll the Initiative test, nor the movement distance, because you may use the Baron's Initiative, but you don't roll for him, but for a unit of Harlequins, that happens to have a Baron attached to it.

5.: Conceal grants a cover save. Stealth improves all cover saves by one.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Baron and Harlie Bomb question   Baron and Harlie Bomb question I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Baron and Harlie Bomb question
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Rules: Queries & Questions
-
Jump to: