HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityRegisterLog in

chaos marines paintscheme

Go down 
AuthorMessage
gunnerboy1607
Kabalite Warrior
gunnerboy1607

chaos marines paintscheme Empty
PostSubject: chaos marines paintscheme   chaos marines paintscheme I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 17 2012, 13:21

chaos marines...i have a slight feeling everyone is a bit tired of hearing about them.
but for all of you paint master that is in this forum (and trust me, i know theres quite a bit looking at all the mini's and stuff that gets posted Razz).

I currently have a quarter of my army painted as red corsairs, but since the new 6th ed came out. i want to change the renegades to a traitor legion. but i am still in love with the red corsairs. but its having a traitor army thats awesome (fluff wise). but i dont know.

if i was to change my scheme, i was thinking alpha legion, word bearers and night lords. But i think night lords are getting too common. or should i just stick to my red corsairs. since my lists sometimes contains huron. just some ideas this way would be appreciated Smile

and i dont know if this post was meant to go here or on the distractions section. sorry.

Hellion
Maugarath D'harq

PostSubject: Re: chaos marines paintscheme   chaos marines paintscheme I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 17 2012, 15:21

Assuming you still have your paints word bearers would be the easiest. Also some of the more awesome fluff.
Have you considered having an army made of units from several warbands? keep your red corsairs, but paint the new stuff as alpha or word bearers and it still remains good-looking and fluffy. If you do that it's worth considering using a unifying factor such as basing or painting them all with the same left shoulderpad to symbolize loyalty and membership to the warband as a whole. That's my 2 cents woth.
Back to top Go down
gunnerboy1607
Kabalite Warrior
gunnerboy1607

PostSubject: Re: chaos marines paintscheme   chaos marines paintscheme I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 18 2012, 11:41

Oooooh what's the fluff for word bearers? Other than being very fanatic bout the chaos gods and very "friendly" with daemons Razz
I like that idea, I might use it. Thank you Smile

Slave
The Cunning one

PostSubject: Re: chaos marines paintscheme   chaos marines paintscheme I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 19 2012, 04:42

They are the ones that started the Horus Heresy. Lorgar or Aurelian is what he's called from his legion. Was the primarch of the Word Bearers. They started the cult worship of the emperor as a deity. When the Ultramarines leveled their perfect city which brought all 15000 word bearers to stand in its ashes. The emperor sent his right hand man down to tell the word bearers they where wrong. Lorgar backhanded the guy. Then a flash of light and the emperor teleported down. He mentally forced all 15000 word bearers to kneel. Then said he wasn't a deity and shouldn't be treated as such. After he left Lorgar didn't know what to think of himself. He lost his purpose and drive. Then the Chaos Gods started whispering to him of the old ways that his home planet had. Long story short he found them. Taught the dark apostles how to ... communicate with the warp/daemons in a more controlled way. Which he spreaded them throughout the Warmasters war host of legions loyal to him to plan a Heresy against the emperor. Thus the Birth of Chaos Space Marines.

Dark Apostles are the head figure of every host now. He has a champion that usually leads his army leaving him to do what he had a vision to do. Dark Apostles are sworn in on a book of daemonic lore called the Book of Lorgar. It's made from the skins of ultramarines.
Back to top Go down
Bibitybopitybacon
Wych
Bibitybopitybacon

PostSubject: Re: chaos marines paintscheme   chaos marines paintscheme I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 19 2012, 05:01

@The Cunning one wrote:
It's made from the skins of ultramarines.
It's rumored that Matt Ward had an Epileptic seizure when he first read this bit of lore. Razz
Back to top Go down
Sky Serpent
Adrenalight Junkie
Sky Serpent

PostSubject: Re: chaos marines paintscheme   chaos marines paintscheme I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 19 2012, 11:24

Polluting Commorragh with all this talk of CSM, moving to Distractions.

Administrator of The Dark City - Please message me any suggestions, improvements or problems
Back to top Go down
https://www.thedarkcity.net
The Cunning one
Slave
The Cunning one

PostSubject: Re: chaos marines paintscheme   chaos marines paintscheme I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 20 2012, 05:34

sorry about that sky
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: chaos marines paintscheme   chaos marines paintscheme I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

chaos marines paintscheme
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

LOW COMMORRAGH - THE WORKSHOPS

:: Distractions
-
Jump to: